Old 11-21-2006, 03:56 PM
4BangR-X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It comes with the car...
Old 11-21-2006, 04:11 PM
nosurf2day

Originally Posted by classic6

50% on the way around. I used to have 35% on the sides, then had to have it remove because the factory tint put it over the limit. While having the repair order signed off the state police officer looked through the tinit windshield to check the VIN and didnt even notice that it was tint. lucky me!
side bar, love your rims! Where do you go to get the windshield tinted, I naturally figured that if its illegal shops wouldnt do it.

Last edited by nosurf2day; 11-21-2006 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:31 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

This is on my to-do list. What do you guys do about the inspection sticker?
Old 11-21-2006, 11:09 PM
deviljon

Originally Posted by 4BangR-X
It comes with the car...
umm... you sure?
Old 11-22-2006, 03:19 AM
nosurf2day

50% on the way around. I used to have 35% on the sides, then had to have it remove because the factory tint put it over the limit. While having the repair order signed off the state police officer looked through the tinit windshield to check the VIN and didnt even notice that it was tint. lucky me!
What kind of rims are those?
Old 12-05-2006, 02:27 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

I've been thinking about doing my windshield in something light like 60%. I already have 5% on all the rest of the windows but the windshield is so big and angled that a ton of light comes through it and makes it easier to see through the 5% tint. Plus blacked out windows on PPW looks bad ***!
Old 12-05-2006, 03:17 PM
litlechina

where did u get those front license plate hole plugs?
Old 12-05-2006, 04:08 PM
classic6

I got the plugs from bumperplugs.com they come painted and match pretty well.

The wheels are Axis seven mods.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:30 PM
joust75

OMG....

From Assciated Press 12/05/06

In a head-on traffic collision today two young men are lucky to be alive.
Police officer's preliminary collision report states that the two young men were each driving a Nissan 350z, one a 'sort of' orange color, the other blue. Both were driving down a narrow two lane road in opposite directions.

Alabama State trooper Harry Barnes says alcohol was not involved, but rather poor judgment. It seems both men had tinted windshields. One young man was quoted as saying "Never even saw em coming!" and the other was quoted saying "what happened?"
Trooper Dick Hussuch admitted that at first he thought the boys had crashed trying to 'do some of that slidin stuff in those stupid movies'.

Both young men regret having put such dark tint on their windshields, and both have claimed that they now realise why covering ones entire windsheild with a dark film is illegal and dangerous.

Both men are recovering from minor injuries at Our Lady of the Dirty Bush Hospital, but unfortunately their automobiles are in critical condition at Al's Salvage Yard.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:03 PM
kinjal

the tint depends on how dark you go on the windshield... their is a such thing as doing it functionally versus just being stupid. i have a 50% tint on my windshield... and its amazing. i live in florida, so its always crazy sunny. now, i have no need to wear sunglassses in the car, nor does my car get hot when it sits out in the blazing sun. it protects the interior from sun damage as well. i hve a 35% tint all around.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....highlight=tint
Old 12-05-2006, 05:10 PM
classic6

Originally Posted by joust75
OMG....
my windshield is 50% tint. I have been stopped by police and they have never noticed the tint on the windsheild, thats how light it is. It main purpose for me is just to dim the headlights of on coming traffic. At no point is 50% dangerous.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Driven1
Professional

IMO. Lighter shades provide mainly an anti-glare factor for those with better vision and have little to no effect at night. If a person has problems seeing at night, I would not recommend it.

My windshield is currently blue(for shows, and is no longer driven daily), but was previously 20% and was taken off due to local Florida police giving me nemerous tickets in a short period of time. Believe it or not, I have a much more difficult time seeing out of the blue now, than I did with the 20% and driving it daily. It is actually to the point where I don't like it and will most likely take it off shortly.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:37 AM
buzzardmountain

I'll ask again, what do you guys do about the inspection sticker? I'd like to get 50% done, but I'm curious......
Old 12-06-2006, 05:52 AM
Sunset350ZR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default seeing just fine

I put 20% all around with exception of front windshield which is 50%. Never been stopped knock on wood but glare is much better from headlights or daylight in my opinion. I will mosl likely do it to all my cars from here out. My cousin from New Orleans heated his sticker and took it off then reapplied it after tint to the windshield. looks just fine and no problems.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:53 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
I'll ask again, what do you guys do about the inspection sticker? I'd like to get 50% done, but I'm curious......

Even though I do not have one of these aweful stickers. I have done quite a few Virginia registered vehicles with this and I cut around the sticker and leave it on the glass. Typically, most people would never notice it unless someone pointed it out and they looked closely (and its cut correctly). Especially with 50%.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:07 AM
buzzardmountain

Thanks.......I need to call my installer and see what his solution is.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:16 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
Thanks.......I need to call my installer and see what his solution is.

If he has enough experience under his belt, he should be fine. Good luck.

If he's not experienced with windshields I'd be real careful. You can't heat windshields like back windows from the outside after you apply the film. This mainly comes into play when trying to get the edges of the area you cut to lay flat after you put it in the window.

One wrong move with the heat gun and you'll be replacing the windshield.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:19 AM
kwiker
Shift_Dorifto

I have 20 on the front and 5 everywhere else...car stays cool in the summer and i have no problems at night....well i can't back up without opening the door or something but we are talking about the front here.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:31 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by Driven1
If he has enough experience under his belt, he should be fine. Good luck.

If he's not experienced with windshields I'd be real careful. You can't heat windshields like back windows from the outside after you apply the film. This mainly comes into play when trying to get the edges of the area you cut to lay flat after you put it in the window.

One wrong move with the heat gun and you'll be replacing the windshield.
That was kind've what he initially told me. But that was 2 years ago, so I can't remember everything we discussed. His car was there that he'd done but I was so intent on looking at the windshield that I didn't notice his inspection sticker.

I do remember him saying, if the glass broke, it was on me. He wasn't responsible. I don't think he'd damage it, I know he's done alot of windshields. I think it's his way of sifting through people for something that's highly illegal.

EDIT - Thanks dude.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:04 AM
JCZ33

Originally Posted by supra crazy
Isn't That illegal in all states?
Yeah.. Since 1991 it has been illelgal.

Quick Reply: Tinted the Windshield