Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Pics of my Z paint progress

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 07:35 PM
redlude97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't care that you paid for them to mess up twice?
Old 02-23-2007, 08:34 PM
VicPham
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like I said before...its hardly noticable. Its not like its black and white difference or anything. And besides that.....i didnt pay for it the first time either....well just the 500 deductible. My insurance took care of it.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:35 AM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

wait...if insurance paid for it, why did u have them paint it at that shop? it would of been cheaper for you going to them privately (assuming they're cheap since your first bumper chipped and peeled off as u said). insurance should be taking care of this for you. you pay them for a reason and if my car got into a accident i would like my car to come back as how it was. then again...if u're satisfied with what you got....cool
Old 02-24-2007, 02:00 AM
VicPham
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by groovin_350z
wait...if insurance paid for it, why did u have them paint it at that shop? it would of been cheaper for you going to them privately (assuming they're cheap since your first bumper chipped and peeled off as u said). insurance should be taking care of this for you. you pay them for a reason and if my car got into a accident i would like my car to come back as how it was. then again...if u're satisfied with what you got....cool
Kind of a long story on why I went through my insurance. When I first bought my car, the original owner had an accident that I didnt know about when I bought the car used. I noticed the front bumper looked kind of crappy when I first bought it. Well when I took the car over to the paint shop to have the front bumper repainted they told me the bumper had a crack in it and that I would have to replace it. The original owner had someone bondo the bumper.

Well, when they took the front Bumper off they found more damage. The right headlight housing was cracked, core support was cracked, had to get a new rebar, and etc. The total came out to be $3000 plus. So I went to my insurance and filed a claim that somebody in a parking lot backed up into my front bumper and ran. I only ended up paying 500 out of pocket because of the deductible.

So basically everything that was F-ed up before is all fixed now. The original owner was also a female. So dont let women drive your car. I also had to replace the tranny as well when I got my Z. Not a suprise. I was lucky that was still under warrenty.

Anyways I hope this clears up any confusions.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:20 AM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by VicPham
Kind of a long story on why I went through my insurance. When I first bought my car, the original owner had an accident that I didnt know about when I bought the car used. I noticed the front bumper looked kind of crappy when I first bought it. Well when I took the car over to the paint shop to have the front bumper repainted they told me the bumper had a crack in it and that I would have to replace it. The original owner had someone bondo the bumper.

Well, when they took the front Bumper off they found more damage. The right headlight housing was cracked, core support was cracked, had to get a new rebar, and etc. The total came out to be $3000 plus. So I went to my insurance and filed a claim that somebody in a parking lot backed up into my front bumper and ran. I only ended up paying 500 out of pocket because of the deductible.

So basically everything that was F-ed up before is all fixed now. The original owner was also a female. So dont let women drive your car. I also had to replace the tranny as well when I got my Z. Not a suprise. I was lucky that was still under warrenty.

nah no confusion. i just hate it when insurance try to BS their customers. state farm tried to pull a fast one on me before a long time ago. they said they had a "good friend" that worked at a body shop and said they were good and what not and when we got the car back it was totally put together like crap. then u know...had to file a law suit and what not and that took forever but long story short....waste of time. just dont want the same thing happening to you thats all.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:32 AM
clipso 01

doesn't look gold to me
Old 02-24-2007, 06:23 PM
TSG-Z

How the *** are y'all gettin it gold! I think you should take some pics in the daytime, because under the lights it does look off a little.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:39 PM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redlude97
too bad the colormatch is clearly off
I can see it too. The shop didn't use PPG brand paint did they? that's the only paint that will match 100% flawless to OEM paint color
Old 02-24-2007, 08:50 PM
xedes

Originally Posted by VicPham

You do realize that you just admitted to committing insurance fraud on the net. You REALLY need to have the mods delete this post.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:50 PM
VicPham
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by xedes
You do realize that you just admitted to committing insurance fraud on the net. You REALLY need to have the mods delete this post.
thanks....that will be noted.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:52 PM
VicPham
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by jinsei888
I can see it too. The shop didn't use PPG brand paint did they? that's the only paint that will match 100% flawless to OEM paint color
Nope they didnt use PPG. Someday the whole car will be repainted again. Whenever I get the chance to get a Veilside V1 kit for my car. but for right now I prefer speed over looks.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:19 AM
kourosH

Originally Posted by Abishop
its silver
Damn...i guess when i look at it again it isnt....really looked gold to me the first time around. Still kinda does. Lol. Oh well.