Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hayai240sx
Find rotas with lip like these...
HAHA, 5-dollar-baller
Old 03-20-2007, 04:24 AM
StreetOC192

Originally Posted by hayai240sx
I wouldn't sport anything made in the Philippines.
I would venture to say most of your clothes were made in the Phillipines........I could be wrong though. And Rota makes a majority of the OEM wheels for the Asian car manufaturers from what I understand.

And to all the knock-off haters, What brand of denim jeans do you wear? If they are not Original Levi's then you are wearing knock-off jeans because Levi's are the ORIGINAL jean - all the other designers copied their basic design. And do you have ALL authentic parts on your car? If you do, then I applaud you (I know some of you really do).

I personally don't see the 350Z as a "ballers" car in ANY way. sure it's hot looking and it's quick, but for those that are saying you need to spend $$$$ on wheels for our $30k car (i only paid $20k for mine), are you saying $30k is expensive? Get real, loaded Hyundais can cost $30k. Would you justify putting Volks on a Hyundai? I doubt it. If you are into performance to the point where money is no object, why did you ONLY spend $30k on a 350Z when you could have purchased an Aston Martin Vanquish or a McLaren F1?

I'm a 32 year old single guy living in NJ where some people's property taxes are more than their mortgage (and going up every year), it's not uncommon to have a $2500/month mortgage payment on a 3 bedroom house on 1/2 an acre. Unless you are making $150-$200k per year, it doesn't leave much cash to play around with, especially when your car is not your LIFE. I have other hobbies too, like playing golf, home theater, and a personal goal of eating at every sushi bar I can (hehehe), as well as car audio. I have spent more on my car audio system than most of you have spent on wheels. That to me is more important.

And as far as buying used "high end" wheels - I wouldn't want to buy wheels that have curb rash on them for $2500 (Work Meister S1's with used tires) when I can have brand new, never mounted wheels for $1800 (with new tires). In my mind, someone would see the curb rash and think I am the one who doesn't know how to drive, when in reality, it was someone else who doesn't know how to drive - and I just bought their ****-up.

Wow, did I just write all that? Look, I'm not trying to be a jacka$$, all I'm saying is, some people have higher priorities than impressing others with what they spent on wheels for their <only> $30k car. Rotas will get the job done for those not concerned with TOP performance (like me). And I agree with whoever said they look better than a lot of the other "cheaper" brand wheels out today.

Last edited by StreetOC192; 03-20-2007 at 06:07 AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:41 AM
kbomb

how come all the Rota threads have been so heated lately?
these are nice and affordable wheels that look good on the Z.
plus, they are a good vendor for this forum.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:49 AM
StreetOC192

Originally Posted by kbomb
how come all the Rota threads have been so heated lately?
these are nice and affordable wheels that look good on the Z.
plus, they are a good vendor for this forum.
I wanna know the same thing.

To be honest, I think it's NOT because the Rotas are inexpensive, nice looking wheels, but because they are seen as knock-offs of volk/work/rays/etc. wheel designs. Hey, immitation is the biggest form of flattery in my opinion. Maybe the people that did spend $4k on wheels feel that their wheels are now somehow 'cheapened' because there is a lower cost look-alike, albeit not of the same forged and lightweight quality.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:19 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally Posted by StreetOC192
the quote was too big, just wanted you to know im replying to you
im pretty sure rota does not do oem wheels, enkei does TONS of oem wheels, they ALSO manufacture advans, AMEs, and other japanese wheel brands. so basically, half the wheels rota sells, are knockoffs of something enkei makes.

imitation may be the biggest form of flattery, but lets not forget this is a business, you dont pass off a paint by numbers painting as the original...

im assuming your mentioning my work meisters that are for sale for 2400 with a tiny bit of curb rash...
work emotions run 13-1400 and arent knockoffs...
normal enkeis are pretty affordable too, and not knockoffs.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:24 AM
StreetOC192

Originally Posted by ihatethatbobbarker
im pretty sure rota does not do oem wheels, enkei does TONS of oem wheels, they ALSO manufacture advans, AMEs, and other japanese wheel brands. so basically, half the wheels rota sells, are knockoffs of something enkei makes.

imitation may be the biggest form of flattery, but lets not forget this is a business, you dont pass off a paint by numbers painting as the original...

im assuming your mentioning my work meisters that are for sale for 2400 with a tiny bit of curb rash...
work emotions run 13-1400 and arent knockoffs...
normal enkeis are pretty affordable too, and not knockoffs.
Well, a little research into a product that I may be purchasing (Rota Torques), because I research everything I purchase. The history of Rota sounds pretty solid. It was actually founded by an Italian wheel maker (FPS) and Romeo S. Rojas of the Phillipines back in 1976. Rota later was chosen to make the Asian market OEM wheels for companies like Chrysler-Mitsubishi (Philippines), Ford, Datsun, Isuzu, Mercedes-Benz, Opel and Volkswagen.

The history is actually right here: http://www.rotawheels.com/history.shtml

I don't recall Rota ever stating that their designs were their own.

Lastly, I was only using your Work Meisters since you were stating that used wheels would be the way to go to save some $$$$. Nothing against you or your wheels, i'm sure it is a great deal and yes, they are sweet wheels. Hopefully no hard feelings.

Last edited by StreetOC192; 03-20-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:50 PM
glogan

Default Rota

how much?

Old 04-07-2007, 08:58 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

People hate on Rota because they can't make their own design, they have to copy everyone else. Then people have to look closely to see if they are fake Work's or real. That's annoying.