Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

G35 Secret

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 12:44 PM
ctwentytwo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kizzzottt
Kizzzottt, hey, usually, I'm not one to tell anyone what to do, but I feel I must intervene here.

Stop acting immature and man-up to the fact that everyone has their opinion on matters, but matter such as 'appearance' are very, very subjective to each unique individual. Who's to say an individual is correct in stating what is good looking and what is not? And just because somebody called you out on your taste and acted like a ****, doesn't mean you have to be a **** also. If you don't like it, hey, great. Just stop being a ****... respect flows two ways man. You don't have to like it, just respect it.

You saw this coming... seriously. This is a 350z site that caters mostly to the modder/tuner... enthusiasts looking to differentiate their ride. Usually, owners like you who stay stock (sorry, can't see what you got under the hood) won't even go on the internet and obviously, to here, on My350z.com.

Here's the thing why so many hold this kit in reverence... this is TOP SECRET. TOP SECRET is one of the most revered tuning shops in Japan, who's owner, SMOKEY, is a legend among JDM enthusiast. It's like hating on a Ferrari... it's heresy among some.

BTW, WTF is rice? What's the true definition. It seems as though the term has been skewed among the 'haves' and 'have nots'. Is it a horribly deformed car with huge, gaudy body kits and wings? Does this pertain just to JDM products? If so, there are alot of US and European manufaturers making kits that horribly deform a car also. Would they be considered rice?

The thing is, wannabes have put **** on their car that mimics the real deal cars from these top JDM companies. Unforturnately, some can't diffentiate a wannabe car, from the real deal.

Last edited by ctwentytwo; 03-22-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:45 PM
kizzzottt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S.E.
so because YOU happen to LIKE cars without body kits, that car is rice?

Right.

Rice is, always has been, and always will be, the addition of ugly and/or non-functional and/or cheap parts to a car. A widebody kit, designed by a world-reknown tuning shop, on a TT 3.5L V6, is not rice. Top Secret is responsbile for some of the most insane motor japanese motor builds in the world. To accuse them of creating a cheap, non-functional piece of equipment is not only a bad opinion, its just not true. Try learning a little but about what you are talking out the side of ya face about.
Despite all of your rambling......That car is still a TURD
Old 03-22-2007, 02:29 PM
Divergent13

^^^^^^^^total rice.
Umm that's a stock Z, how can that be rice?

I am sorry but the topsecret kit is very poorly done exterior-wise, but I guess all the performance nuts really just care about the how fast it goes and how much horsepower it has.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:16 PM
kizzzottt

Originally Posted by Divergent13
Umm that's a stock Z, how can that be rice?

I am sorry but the topsecret kit is very poorly done exterior-wise, but I guess all the performance nuts really just care about the how fast it goes and how much horsepower it has.
This is my point exactly. The car does not look proportional....The color is absolutely hideous, and the stickers just make is rice pudding. Who cares about the power when you drive that thing on public roads.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:59 PM
S.E.

^^^^bad taste, incapable of detecting sarcasm, and a mean streak of hater. You girls should just Pm each other and set up a date.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Divergent13

^^^^bad taste, incapable of detecting sarcasm, and a mean streak of hater. You girls should just Pm each other and set up a date.
Because opinions are wrong if they aren't the same as your own, right? Try accepting the fact that some people don't like it. Not everyone here likes the idea of a car having mods equal to the value of the car itself thrown onto it. It can look tacky to some. Grow up.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:55 PM
redlude97

Originally Posted by Divergent13
Because opinions are wrong if they aren't the same as your own, right? Try accepting the fact that some people don't like it. Not everyone here likes the idea of a car having mods equal to the value of the car itself thrown onto it. It can look tacky to some. Grow up.
Tacky isn't the same as ricey though, that is the issue here. You can call it ugly or tacky because those are opinions, but calling it ricey isn't based upon opinion from the true and original definition of rice.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:37 AM
Ztune

Niceee
Old 03-23-2007, 08:39 AM
S.E.

Originally Posted by redlude97
Tacky isn't the same as ricey though, that is the issue here. You can call it ugly or tacky because those are opinions, but calling it ricey isn't based upon opinion from the true and original definition of rice.

Bingo. Expressing your own opinion is one thing, but going out of the wash to bash it is another. We all know the connotation the term Rice has........
Old 03-23-2007, 12:58 PM
r3v

i dont know man, it looks too tacky.

to each of his own.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Electricchild

Rice is putting a coffee can muffler and GT-R emblems on a Sentra. This ain't rice. But it is a bit tacky exterior-wise. Doesn't matter I'd drive the hell out of it!
Old 03-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Now paint it black and lose the stickers and it should look good.