Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Preview of what my 10-point cage build up

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 04:04 PM
twenzel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much would a cage of this level cost roughly without sponsorships?
Old 04-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tonywenzel
How much would a cage of this level cost roughly without sponsorships?
Which cage are you referring to? If you are talking about the one that is in the Z32. You're looking at around 12K. Just for clarification as well...sponsorships typically do not happen on high quality cage work since you would be basically asking someone to starve for 2 weeks. I'm paying full price, the guy in the Z32 is paying, and Falken even paid big bucks to have the cage in their Hachi ripped out and have a new cage put in.

Last edited by Rickdogg; 04-10-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:49 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

what size and type of tubing are you using, whos rules are you trying to follow?
whos doing the fabrication?
Old 04-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by ihatethatbobbarker
what size and type of tubing are you using, whos rules are you trying to follow?
whos doing the fabrication?
1 3/4" tubing mild steel and Lcon is running it around SCCA rules. The Z32 chassis you see with the crazy cage that was acid dipped is going to be running in the Super Unlimited Class. Lcon is doing the cage. I'm assuming they are pretty good if customers that used to use Technosquare are all flocking that way for apparently higher quality work.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:10 PM
FastZ33

wtf lol is this a show car or a race car.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:29 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
1 3/4" tubing mild steel and Lcon is running it around SCCA rules. The Z32 chassis you see with the crazy cage that was acid dipped is going to be running in the Super Unlimited Class. Lcon is doing the cage. I'm assuming they are pretty good if customers that used to use Technosquare are all flocking that way for apparently higher quality work.

dont be defensive i havent said anything mean yet, and wouldnt till its done because if i did know anything id wait till after you spent your money and/or made another mistake, but you dont really haveto worry about it since you dont do anything with strict enough tech to care. I was just asking because those are the important things and no one on here seemed to be asking and i was curious.
are you trying to talk **** on technosquare because thats who you think built my cage?
they did a phenomenal job on taka and chestons cages though so I hope you are not.
no reasons to talk crap on technosquares work.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

dont be defensive i havent said anything mean yet, and wouldnt till its done because if i did know anything id wait till after you spent your money and/or made another mistake, but you dont really haveto worry about it since you dont do anything with strict enough tech to care. I was just asking because those are the important things and no one on here seemed to be asking and i was curious.
are you trying to talk **** on technosquare because thats who you think built my cage?
they did a phenomenal job on taka and chestons cages though so I hope you are not.
no reasons to talk crap on technosquares work.
Seriously Brandon you are a joke. I answered your question and that was that. I am not talking ish on Technosquare as I know they do good work but it speaks volume when previous customers are going to LCON for apparently better work is just what I heard. I don't pay attention to your car nor do I care what you do with it so I wouldn't know what TS did on your car.

If you want a nice clean tone maybe you should stop being a smart azz on the forum with your "tone" and look at your key word of YET. I wasn't being defensive just stating what I have heard. I already called Jeff Lushe and told him that I would slap you if you wanna start. Anyways, if you want to further this discussion message me privately and do not ruin this thread when I was just answering your question.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:18 PM
THE TECH

Sparta!!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:07 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

Seriously Brandon you are a joke. I answered your question and that was that. I am not talking ish on Technosquare as I know they do good work but it speaks volume when previous customers are going to LCON for apparently better work is just what I heard. I don't pay attention to your car nor do I care what you do with it so I wouldn't know what TS did on your car.

If you want a nice clean tone maybe you should stop being a smart azz on the forum with your "tone" and look at your key word of YET. I wasn't being defensive just stating what I have heard. I already called Jeff Lushe and told him that I would slap you if you wanna start. Anyways, if you want to further this discussion message me privately and do not ruin this thread when I was just answering your question.
messaging you privately is no fun, why would i do that? <3
Old 04-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Wendy
L A d y z 3 3

messaging you privately is no fun, why would i do that? <3

chill!!. All rick was doing is trying to answer your question. Nothing more!!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Justin@WestCovinaNissan
Banned

Can't wait to see it when its done! Rick baaaaawwwlin out of control!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Originally Posted by THE TECH
Sparta!!

LOL

i actually went there today to check the place out, really clean, great quality work, Louis was a really nice guy really friendly and glad to show us a few of their projects, had to pick something up but yeah cant wait for the final results
Old 04-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm assuming they are pretty good if customers that used to use Technosquare are all flocking that way for apparently higher quality work.
in defense of Richey @ Technosquare, he is only 1 guy with a bazillion roll cage requests.... he can't get to em all and he's crazy picky on which cars he wants to do... if LCON has a full time pipe bender or full time welders then more power to them... their Z32 cage is quite impressive.. however as for the higher quality work, substantiation of that claim is necessary. i've never before seen someone concentrate so hard on minute details and measurement like Richey does. its also utilizing the existing chassis to minimize bends and to reinforce the cage..

i'm sure your cage will rock Rick... waiting to see the final result.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:20 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by THE TECH
Sparta!!
LMAO

Originally Posted by Wendy
chill!!. All rick was doing is trying to answer your question. Nothing more!!!!

Originally Posted by Justin@WestCovinaNissan
Can't wait to see it when its done! Rick baaaaawwwlin out of control!
We fly high, no lie, you know this (Balling!)
Foreign rides, outside, it's like showbiz (We in the building)
We stay fly, no lie, you know this (Balling)
Hips and thighs, oh my, stay focus

haha, you guys are comedy
Old 04-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by Chebosto
in defense of Richey @ Technosquare, he is only 1 guy with a bazillion roll cage requests.... he can't get to em all and he's crazy picky on which cars he wants to do... if LCON has a full time pipe bender or full time welders then more power to them... their Z32 cage is quite impressive.. however as for the higher quality work, substantiation of that claim is necessary. i've never before seen someone concentrate so hard on minute details and measurement like Richey does. its also utilizing the existing chassis to minimize bends and to reinforce the cage..

i'm sure your cage will rock Rick... waiting to see the final result.
I understand that you do have to clarify Cheston. I was just merely using it as a reference point since Technosquare is known for great work to show what they (LCON) are capable of. Nothing directed towards you or anyone else that got their cage done there especially those that think they are that important haha.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:17 AM
twenzel

Which cage are you referring to? If you are talking about the one that is in the Z32. You're looking at around 12K. Just for clarification as well...sponsorships typically do not happen on high quality cage work since you would be basically asking someone to starve for 2 weeks. I'm paying full price, the guy in the Z32 is paying, and Falken even paid big bucks to have the cage in their Hachi ripped out and have a new cage put in.
Fair enough... I'm not talking about the Z32 though. I was referring to what you are doing, removing all the rear excess metal and oem rear brace and a 8-10 point cage with mild gusseting... I was imagining around $2500...
Old 04-11-2007, 07:21 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by tonywenzel
Fair enough... I'm not talking about the Z32 though. I was referring to what you are doing, removing all the rear excess metal and oem rear brace and a 8-10 point cage with mild gusseting... I was imagining around $2500...
The best thing to do is call them to get a quote since they added a bunch of extras on mine that I wanted so the price will change accordingly.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

There's so much love on the forum these days.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

They came up with a pretty neat idea to cover the strut area in the rear. Rather than building a typical box they put one single plate and left access for shock adjustment and still made it look clean!

Name:  IMG_1070.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  109.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1073.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  94.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1074.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  109.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1078.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  112.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1075.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  131.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1069.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  97.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1077.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  73.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1076.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  80.7 KB
Old 04-11-2007, 07:47 PM
plumpzz

Jeez did he use pure oxygen to light the flame?! That looks roasted. I wish my adjusters were that ez to get to.
Are you going to run the cage into the front fenders and attach to the frame there ? Is that legal? I can imagine how much much stiff the car would get on elevation changes with a longer tube in the cage.

Quick Reply: Preview of what my 10-point cage build up