Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

My PPW finally out of custom paint shop...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 07:58 AM
NaNa-Papa-J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My PPW finally out of custom paint shop...

Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I posted the pics with my blacked out Stillen Series II hood...not the best look. So I took my baby over to Collision Masters in Fort Worth and had them do the following:

1. Shave and repaint front bumper.
2. Paint new hood.
3. Buff out roof.
4. Paint my Carbon Fiber spoiler to match body.
5. Shave hatch and repaint.

I love the finished product. They did a really nice job. I'm posting a few pics for ya'lls viewing pleasure. Man, it feels good to have my baby back!!!

Oh...and one pic of the newest member to my vehicle family: my new 2007 Suzuki Boulevard M50. And yes, I already have parts on the way for modifying it too...mods are so much fun.
Attached Thumbnails My PPW finally out of custom paint shop...-myppwz1.jpg   My PPW finally out of custom paint shop...-myppwz2.jpg   My PPW finally out of custom paint shop...-myppwz3.jpg   My PPW finally out of custom paint shop...-myppwz4.jpg   My PPW finally out of custom paint shop...-mysuzukim50.jpg  

Last edited by NaNa-Papa-J; 08-30-2007 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:04 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

Not too bad. I am not feel the spolier or hood tho IMO
Old 08-30-2007, 08:55 AM
umzzz
Cwest Army

wat hood is that...looks pretty clean

congrats on having her back!
Old 08-30-2007, 09:12 AM
slowxturtle

that hood looks odd.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:18 AM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like what you did with it. Spoiler isn't as aggressive as I think it should be, but the volks look great.

I wonder how it would look with a mr. zipps treatment.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:20 AM
NaNa-Papa-J

Originally Posted by umzzz
wat hood is that...looks pretty clean

congrats on having her back!
Thanks for the compliment!! It's the Stillen Series II hood. I had to fabricate the induction opening to make it functional...not too hard to do...just takes some patience.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Matt at PF
Vendor - Former Vendor

looks good!
Old 08-30-2007, 09:28 AM
NaNa-Papa-J

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
I like what you did with it. Spoiler isn't as aggressive as I think it should be, but the volks look great.

I wonder how it would look with a mr. zipps treatment.
Thanks!! The paint job really toned the look down (looks a little classier now). It does help bring focus back to the beautiful Volks. Yea, the spoiler is now a little understated...not quite sure how to work it without spoiling the lines or new "clean" look. I've wanted to do a Mr. Zipps treatment on the headlights but I don't know whether to black them or have them body matched PPW. Thanks again for the compliments!
Old 08-30-2007, 10:09 AM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I personally would go with the ppw treatment on the headlights. I've seen several ppw's that have the black and it looks good... i just think the ppw paint will really make the car flow a little bit more. again, nice job.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:45 AM
NaNa-Papa-J

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
I personally would go with the ppw treatment on the headlights. I've seen several ppw's that have the black and it looks good... i just think the ppw paint will really make the car flow a little bit more. again, nice job.
Yea, I like the idea of PPW headlights. Now it's just saving up the $$ to have it done (you know how that goes).

Hey, does anyone have pics of PPW with headlamp housings body matched??
Old 09-01-2007, 08:20 AM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the hood killed it completely...so did the poor fitment of the hood

simply IMO
Old 09-01-2007, 09:31 AM
NaNa-Papa-J

Originally Posted by jinsei888
the hood killed it completely...so did the poor fitment of the hood

simply IMO
What are you talking about?? The fitment is near perfect actually...it's missing the rubber seal which the paint shop misplaced and is replacing.

As far as people's like for the hood: It appears that many people online show a sort of "disdain" for it; however, it's funny, because in person they all love it...seriously, every single person. I don't know if it is a presentation thing or not. I understand that it's not for everyone. Personally, I find most carbon fiber hoods to be somewhat out of place and designed poorly. I think most people get caught up in the idea of "ooooooohhhh, aaaaahhhhhh, carbon fiber, it has to be cool" when in reality many carbon fiber designs for the Z do not flow well at all (there are few done nicely). Also, it's my opinion that very few colors can pull off the carbon fiber look well...black does well and so does red. It's for this reason that I had my c/f N-1 wing body matched.

Now, I have received several compliments in this thread and I appreciate them very much. It is always nice to receive props. The Z community has gotten harsher on their own kind the last few years but it is still one of the best owner clubs I can think of. Props to all of you for your love for the Zed and individual desires to customize your rides in the ways that bring a sparkle to your eyes.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:35 AM
gimpster621

looks good. did they put the 350z emblem on the hatch on the wrong side?
Old 09-01-2007, 10:01 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Does that thing got a Hemi?? haha couldnt resist. looks good except hood imo
Old 09-01-2007, 10:18 AM
SponGer

Z looks good and the M50, too. My bro just bought an M50 a month ago and he loves it. His is silver with the tribal flames on the gas tank. You can drill out the baffles in the exhaust for more sound.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:22 AM
NaNa-Papa-J

Originally Posted by gimpster621
looks good. did they put the 350z emblem on the hatch on the wrong side?
Yeah, when I got the car back it confused me for a while...haha...it is on the wrong side. It kinda throws ya for a second, doesn't it? I still have to go back to the shop for the hood seal and I'm going to mention it to them.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:32 AM
NaNa-Papa-J

Originally Posted by SponGer
Z looks good and the M50, too. My bro just bought an M50 a month ago and he loves it. His is silver with the tribal flames on the gas tank. You can drill out the baffles in the exhaust for more sound.
Thanks for the props SponGer! Give your bro a congrats on his M50 for me..haha. It's a great bike. It's also the first bike I've ever owned or driven. I have enjoyed every moment of it until yesterday...yep...I laid it over due to riding up on the curb turning left. How? I did the thing that my motorcycle training instructor said would be the most common accident for first time bikers: I got target fixated on the curb while turning. I could hear my brain yelling at me about what to do, but my physical reaction froze up some. I was wearing all my protective gear...a few bruises and a bruised ego. I lasted 160 miles before my first accident. The guys at Yamaha Suzuki said they were really impressed at how long it took before my first drop...they said that they all dumped within the first few hours. They also said that the first accident is the hardest to deal with but that your abilities seem to really grow through the experience of it...I'm looking forward to that. While it didn't make me feel better it did help the embarrassment. Bruised ego and $900 shop tab for damaged items (ouch)...just gotta get back up and get back on...I'm refusing to give in. Kind of a mantra for any trouble in life, huh!

Last edited by NaNa-Papa-J; 09-01-2007 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NaNa-Papa-J
Yeah, when I got the car back it confused me for a while...haha...it is on the wrong side. It kinda throws ya for a second, doesn't it? I still have to go back to the shop for the hood seal and I'm going to mention it to them.

You should slap the shit outta them!! lol.. jk
Old 09-01-2007, 03:18 PM
azula

Not a fan of the hood, imo....everything else looks good...
Old 09-01-2007, 04:11 PM
SponGer

Originally Posted by NaNa-Papa-J
Thanks for the props SponGer! Give your bro a congrats on his M50 for me..haha. It's a great bike. It's also the first bike I've ever owned or driven. I have enjoyed every moment of it until yesterday...yep...I laid it over due to riding up on the curb turning left. How? I did the thing that my motorcycle training instructor said would be the most common accident for first time bikers: I got target fixated on the curb while turning. I could hear my brain yelling at me about what to do, but my physical reaction froze up some. I was wearing all my protective gear...a few bruises and a bruised ego. I lasted 160 miles before my first accident. The guys at Yamaha Suzuki said they were really impressed at how long it took before my first drop...they said that they all dumped within the first few hours. They also said that the first accident is the hardest to deal with but that your abilities seem to really grow through the experience of it...I'm looking forward to that. While it didn't make me feel better it did help the embarrassment. Bruised ego and $900 shop tab for damaged items (ouch)...just gotta get back up and get back on...I'm refusing to give in. Kind of a mantra for any trouble in life, huh!
At least you weren't going fast when you laid it down Enjoy the bike and the updates to your Z.

Quick Reply: My PPW finally out of custom paint shop...