Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

from RICE to NICE!.....my new look

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 09:04 AM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

One things that you might want to consider for gauges are the Defi BF Series Gauges. They are a little more expensive then most, but they look and work great, and they actually have programmable warning indicators built into the gauge that light up if your peak setting is hit!
Old 05-02-2008, 04:15 PM
SIN3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this thing is still going? wow
Old 05-02-2008, 04:16 PM
bluesi808

the pics went from rice to rice. the car looks the same.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Phantom Menace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
Uhm no! Being young is not an excuse for rice unfortunately In my honest opinion the only thing I really like is the wheels because they got good offsets and sits flush with your fenders. Everything else is sort of out of place.

My car at 19 *no pic yet because I'm not home*

My car at 20
-Bought STOCK 1/21/07
-This is how it looks after 3 months. Pic is taken on 3/27/07

My car at 21
Pic taken TODAY at the NW Car & Coffee meet

Yeah...your car is nice to look at and you've got a ton of cool stuff in it. But it's still an AT. I've never thought of a nice sports car and an AT in the same process...most people buy one [AT] for one of the following reasons:
1) Cause they have to share it [the car] with their moms
2) They, themselves, don't know how to drive a stick
3) They are older people with bad knees and cannot physically drive a stick anymore
You HAVE to be one of the above! And that, "the dealership was out of 6MT's" is not a valid excuse.

No need to bash on the OP. He thinks it's cool and that's what matters. You act like he borrowed money from you to do all that to his car! If anything, explain to the kid what "RICE" really means so he knows that he's modifying is car towards it and not away from it. And speaking of RICE, a "Fairlady" badge on a LHD is kinda RICEY, too, no?!

Last edited by Phantom Menace; 05-02-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:39 PM
350ZYALATA
Tentill4z

Originally Posted by Phantom Menace
Yeah...your car is nice to look at and you've got a ton of cool stuff in it. But it's still an AT. I've never thought of a nice sports car and an AT in the same process...most people buy one [AT] for one of the following reasons:
3) They are older people with bad knees and cannot physically drive a stick anymore
You HAVE to be one of the above! And that, "the dealership was out of 6MT's" is not a valid excuse.
Because auto transmissions aren't used in drag racing
Old 05-02-2008, 04:56 PM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by 350ZYALATA
good point! TH400's ang Glide's aren't autos....
Old 05-02-2008, 04:58 PM
SlideFox

That doesn't look like Rice to me
Old 05-02-2008, 05:03 PM
Phantom Menace

Originally Posted by 350ZYALATA
Err...I said I never thought of a NICE SPORTS CAR, not race car. And you don't know what I think! Get out of my head! No, but seriously...I never said "race." So please, shut up and READ.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:11 PM
dj.kickz

Originally Posted by Phantom Menace
You HAVE to be one of the above!
You need to get over yourself dude, I have an AT because I live on a hill and park on the street and don't wanna deal with that everyday and because I don't wanna drive a stick in stop and go rush hour traffic everyday, and your sports car isn't any nicer than mine.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:32 PM
SlideFox

Also, not sure if you guys have read everything, but his silver car is toast, and he is getting a black 6MT
Old 05-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I can't believe this thread is STILL going.
Zgrabin

^thanks slidefox..

just an FYI,this thread is still going because slidefox is helping me learn about turbo'ing this car before i go ahead and pull tthe trigger later..
Zgrabin

Originally Posted by bluesi808
the pics went from rice to rice. the car looks the same.
you can just STFU..
Old 05-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Phantom Menace

Originally Posted by dj.kickz
You need to get over yourself dude, I have an AT because I live on a hill and park on the street and don't wanna deal with that everyday and because I don't wanna drive a stick in stop and go rush hour traffic everyday, and your sports car isn't any nicer than mine.
Mmm....
First of all, no one asked you why YOU have an AT, did they? NO! So don't chime in without reading the thread PRIOR to what you are quoting!

Err...hills and traffic? That's the best you can come up with? A perfect reason to by an AT. LOL! Secondly, get over myself? Why don't you get over being scared like a child of hills and traffic! And while you are at it, get over trying to defend buying an invalid tranny! I live in SF. Our traffic and our hills are 10x worse than yours. (I know, I used to be stationed in Pearl City.)
Furthermore, I never claimed MY car to be NICER than anyones! You're such a tool! It was the other way around you talking/typing bag of rocks! Someone was clowning on the OP and was saying how their car was so much better. I happened to point out that the "superior" car is an AT and he shouldn't down on others for trying to fix their car up. So, I gave him a taste of what he had coming.
Really though, I DON'T CARE why you bought an AT! You sound even more bitter and paranoid by explaining your investment to the entire forum! Can you even read?
Lastly, read my original post before you make me sound like the "e-thug" or "online-bully." Most (NOTE: THE WORD MOST IS NOT CALLING ALL AT OWNERS OUT SO DON'T CHIME IN UNLESS YOU WANT SOME OF THE 'MENACE) of you AT guys spend so much bank on your cars cause you've got huge chips on your shoulders for being part of the PRND2L club! So, you try and try to fill that void with Nismo do-dads, rims, and trinkets!
Not my fault I know how to shift with a clutch (on hills, in traffic, or otherwise).

Last edited by Phantom Menace; 05-02-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:11 PM
bluesi808

at least when you get your black z you can put your old mudgaurds on it and it will match. but, seeing that you have no taste when it comes to modifying cars you should leave it stock
Old 05-02-2008, 07:14 PM
jmcmorante

What brand was your first Nismo version 1 bumper? I mean is it a replica? By the way your car with both Nismo V1 and V2 is simply HOT! The best. Congrats!

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
Uhm no! Being young is not an excuse for rice unfortunately In my honest opinion the only thing I really like is the wheels because they got good offsets and sits flush with your fenders. Everything else is sort of out of place.

My car at 19 *no pic yet because I'm not home*

My car at 20
-Bought STOCK 1/21/07
-This is how it looks after 3 months. Pic is taken on 3/27/07

My car at 21
Pic taken TODAY at the NW Car & Coffee meet

Last edited by jmcmorante; 05-02-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Zgrabin

Originally Posted by bluesi808
at least when you get your black z you can put your old mudgaurds on it and it will match. but, seeing that you have no taste when it comes to modifying cars you should leave it stock

no taste?haha..you my man have obviously not read my post about ur teenage self seeing that i asked you to post pics of ur car since you claim mine as ricer..

i had black mudflaps to simply 'see' if it would flow..which it didnt...it happened to be an 'easy' mod to remove of which why i figured hey what not just 'test' it...

i know the taste that im going with my next Z..and if you my sir disapprove i could care less..And im guessing the Z was the most expensive car that you could afford and the fact that you have a loan on it..so you can still STFU..

lemme give you a taste of my next Z..if you dont like it,its fine because i do and i know others will

black 6mt 06
black housed headlights
black door handles
clear..then smoked reflectors
Flatt black sf winnings or matte black GTS..w/ aggressive offset w/correct camber set-up
smoked tails..
Turbonetics kit with other recommended products to compliment the turbo set-up
gf210s or if i decide coilovers,tein basics..

now yo ask..can i afford this?...yes..

now i ask you..can i see pics of ur car?..i mean you live in hawaii..whats the nicest piece of machinery youve seen,a vibrator?...seriously tho,i like to chat with Z owners about their cars because im sure we share the same passion for our cars,but you my negative being, should stick to a civic where you will carry that high school attitude claiming your car has 400+hp when its 100hp..

why would you 'hate' on someone..constructive criticism i can understand and thank ppl for..but when you're negative and just trying to spark a fire..why would you do that?..but i guess anyone can talk **** on a forum ...right low life?

Last edited by Zgrabin; 05-02-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:45 PM
bluesi808

MY OLD CAR

WHEN I WAS 18 I HAD AN FD3S RX7 T66 TURBONETICS TURBO, WOLF 3D ENGINE MGMT, STREET PORT. 3 MM APEX SEALS, VEILSIDE VER.1KIT, 19" ADVAN MODEL 7.

Last edited by bluesi808; 05-02-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:47 PM
bluesi808

Thats Right Take A Good Look At The Boxster Those Are $6500 Hre Wheels. My 350z Has Asanti Wheels $5500. LOOK AND LEARN BUDDY, YOU HAVE A MORE TO LEARN ABOUT CARS. DAMN RICER.

Last edited by bluesi808; 05-02-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Zgrabin

wow congrats on having $6,500 on a girls convertible i commend you ******..dont act like having a old *** porsche accounts for owning a top notch porsche...

state why my car is ricer please..cuz im sure mine is set up just like urs aesthetically..wheels+bodykit..

i swear ppl like you are retarded

Quick Reply: from RICE to NICE!.....my new look