Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

from RICE to NICE!.....my new look

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Crom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes its a little tough posting pics of you ride looking for positive reinforcement but then get shot down...The best advice if you're going to continue to share is not be too serious about it...its just a hobby, something you do in your spare time. Don't be so sensitive in what people say and just brush it off and laugh about it. The ultimate judge is yourself, so if it makes you happy, then stand by your choices 100%...and just filter out what others say but in a positive way. Don't waste your energy in anger...one day you'll think what you've done looks amazing, and the next day you'll tear it apart and make something else..no worries.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:57 AM
savefatkids

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should have left it stock...
Old 10-29-2007, 12:44 PM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

The parts you painted black just seem to be randomly distributed through out the car without much thought that is my take but the wheels look good.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:02 PM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It still amazes me that ANYONE would post pics of their Z and ask for opinions!!!!! It's an open invitation to have every emotionally twisted and/or jealous person to pass judgement on what you have done to your car with hard work & money!!!

First off who cares what others think of your car!! - If you are looking for approval from this crowd you're knocking on the wrong door!!! I don't think my car looks nice I KNOW IT!! I don't need to hear other people say it.
(Hope I don't come off as a total a$$ - def not trying 2 B 1)

Secondly, everyone's financial situation is different. It's really cruel to make disparging remarks about someone's car especially since we all put our heart & soul into making the car special. Constructive criticism is one thing, but people should remember not to say things to others they would not want to hear themselves.

Just my 2c

BTW

What do you think of my car?? roflmmfao

Last edited by z350boy; 10-29-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:12 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

I personaly Like everything on the car, except the blacked out headlights/tails.

stock OEM tails look great, and 06 black housing headlights would look sick with your setup. But its your car.

I would not be happy with the paint job on that rear bumper, it looks horrible make them repaint it. DO THAT NOW. It doesnt match. I made the body shop paint my rear 3 times before i was happy.

Nice start on everything else.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:51 PM
ExBF Material

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
I don't think I need to explain myself seeing how my fellow members have already did. If you truly understand the meaning behind FairladyZ you know it's a tribute to the Z cars and not something that a ricer would put on his car. If I was rice I'd put a GTR bage on it
Word!
Old 10-29-2007, 01:57 PM
ExBF Material

....car's nice, to a certain extent.

Wheels are nice, got them too. Did you get wheel spacers? If so, hope they're hubcentric. And again, wheels are personal preferrence.

Do get rid of the tints on the headlights and tail lights. And as mentioned, maybe 06 headlights w/ housing painted black or possibly color match with your car. As with the tail lights, go for the 06+ LED's bro. I'm sure there are a few members here that are selling theirs for cheap. Search is your best friend.

A front lip would be nice also. Mud guards do need to be color matched, and as for the rear bumper, it does look unmatched, but if you say it's the lighting then I'll give you that. But do align the rear hatch a bit more.

So there you go. It's a work in progress as you say. I'm sure you'll edit a few things. Just take some time on it bro.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Zgrabin

Originally Posted by MI 35th
I personaly Like everything on the car, except the blacked out headlights/tails.

stock OEM tails look great, and 06 black housing headlights would look sick with your setup. But its your car.

I would not be happy with the paint job on that rear bumper, it looks horrible make them repaint it. DO THAT NOW. It doesnt match. I made the body shop paint my rear 3 times before i was happy.

Nice start on everything else.
The rear bumper is painted perfect..it was just the lighting that made it look horrible..so theres no worry as far as the body..cuz if that were the case then i would spent money on paint matching
Old 10-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Zgrabin

i took off the mudguards..so thats advise i took from you guys..What do you guys think as far as the JDM led tails?(the ones that are silver)..
Old 10-29-2007, 02:16 PM
ExBF Material

Personally I haven't seen a silver Z as of yet with the JDM clear LED tails, so I wouldn't know. The USDM LED's would look great though!
Old 10-29-2007, 02:22 PM
CEO350Z
That's bad juju

Originally Posted by Zgrabin
i took off the mudguards..so thats advise i took from you guys..What do you guys think as far as the JDM led tails?(the ones that are silver)..
i have the jdm tails. they look good with silver cars.

basically, if you take off the tint on the head and tail lights, you'll fix 80% of the issues. since you've already taken off the mudguards, you've done 90%.

it's all "work in progress," so don't get too bent out of shape.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Zgrabin

Originally Posted by CEO350Z
i have the jdm tails. they look good with silver cars.

basically, if you take off the tint on the head and tail lights, you'll fix 80% of the issues. since you've already taken off the mudguards, you've done 90%.

it's all "work in progress," so don't get too bent out of shape.
you got a pic of ur car with the tails? so i could see
Old 10-29-2007, 02:51 PM
ohSIXz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its all good eric! once i get my wheels, theres no way im posting pics on here. but i will on az350. but you should take my advice and get da c-west lip kit fo sho mang!

-dankz lucas
Old 10-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Zgrabin

Originally Posted by ohSIXz
its all good eric! once i get my wheels, theres no way im posting pics on here. but i will on az350. but you should take my advice and get da c-west lip kit fo sho mang!

-dankz lucas
ya tell me about it dude..i guess most that dont understand that some peoples cars arent finished and think since it isnt its a pice of ****..

seeing as i got the wheels w/tires and hatch pretty cheap..$1200 all together
Old 10-29-2007, 03:02 PM
_NIZMO_

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N7p4mioawIA&rel=1&autoplay=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N7p4mioawIA&rel=1&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Old 10-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by z350boy
It still amazes me that ANYONE would post pics of their Z and ask for opinions!!!!! It's an open invitation to have every emotionally twisted and/or jealous person to pass judgement on what you have done to your car with hard work & money!!!

First off who cares what others think of your car!! - If you are looking for approval from this crowd you're knocking on the wrong door!!! I don't think my car looks nice I KNOW IT!! I don't need to hear other people say it.
(Hope I don't come off as a total a$$ - def not trying 2 B 1)

Secondly, everyone's financial situation is different. It's really cruel to make disparging remarks about someone's car especially since we all put our heart & soul into making the car special. Constructive criticism is one thing, but people should remember not to say things to others they would not want to hear themselves.

Just my 2c

BTW

What do you think of my car?? roflmmfao
I understand your point but I think a CF hatch is pretty wreckless when modding on a budget like this guy seems to be doing.
Zgrabin

Originally Posted by _NIZMO_
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N7p4mioawIA&rel=1&autoplay=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N7p4mioawIA&rel=1&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
HAHA ...im not gonna lie..that was pretty funny to put that on.. ..but not making any rivers
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
There's nothing wrong with a Fairlady Z badge. I'd like to see your car if you think that's rice.
Nothing wrong with the badge on a Fairady Z , but most of us dont own FairladyZ's , we have the USDM LHD 350z.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Zgrabin

Originally Posted by Nexx
I understand your point but I think a CF hatch is pretty wreckless when modding on a budget like this guy seems to be doing.
what do you mean by "wreckless"...my budget isnt tight, i just didnt wanna pass up on a local cf hatch w/window installed for a cheap price..it was personally delivered to me also..I will have the CF a pillars,b pillars, and hood this month if that says anything

Quick Reply: from RICE to NICE!.....my new look