Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

My bad weekend, Update... More bad news!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 08:41 AM
TSG-Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always wondered about chit like that, if the shop has that generic "shop isnt responsible for damages" sign, but it happens on their lot doesnt that make them "soley" responsible? Situations like that have happened to two of my friends and the owner points to the sign & either through ignorance or lack of funds to lawyer up..they both walked away, fuked!

Good luck, bro, you need it some after that!
Old 12-01-2008, 08:44 AM
z33allme

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Most shops will tell you they are not responsible, but they are if it's parked on their lot. You need to get a lawyer and discuss it with them. Or even discuss it with your insurance agent, they would probably tell you the same thing.

One of our guys had the same thing happen to him when his car was at a body shop, stole everything, and they gave him the same line of bs.
I have heard a couple stories from friends, that have had the same issue as me and at the end they ended up going thur there insurance cause the shop would not budge...

What was your buddies outcome?
Old 12-01-2008, 08:49 AM
z33allme

Originally Posted by TSG-Z
I always wondered about chit like that, if the shop has that generic "shop isnt responsible for damages" sign, but it happens on their lot doesnt that make them "soley" responsible? Situations like that have happened to two of my friends and the owner points to the sign & either through ignorance or lack of funds to lawyer up..they both walked away, fuked!

Good luck, bro, you need it some after that!
Ya, that POS sign!!! That was the first thing the rep pointed at, when I spoke to them... When my car first got there I told them "I did not want my car left out for this reason! And they said they would take care of it and move it! Now they are saying they don't recall that or it was never brought to there atten!!" I am going today after work to talk to the GM.... Cause the body shop manager aint worth a ****!!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 09:11 AM
d1mon3k

One word...... Lawyer
Old 12-01-2008, 07:51 PM
tware

wouldnt it be worth taking the car elsewhere for repairs... AND getting a lawyer?
Old 12-03-2008, 11:08 AM
ChrisR

Originally Posted by z33allme
Ok, Today I get a call from the bodyshop. I answer thinking I am gonna get some good news about the car!! What I hear next just ruins my day, **** month!!!

It seems that some ******* (inside job) broke into my car on thanksgiving and well took my indash screen. Worse is that the bodyshop is not gonna take responsibility for the theft that took place in there property. I am gonna have to file another claim with my insurance...
how did they unlock the door? its still a long stretch from that back window
Old 12-03-2008, 11:27 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

I'm sure your insurance will take care of everything for you. Getting a lawyer would just be an unnecessary expense and would just prolong the agony. I suggest filing your claims and letting them take care of everything.

Les
Old 12-03-2008, 01:36 PM
z33allme

Originally Posted by ChrisR
how did they unlock the door? its still a long stretch from that back window
+1!!! When I brought that up to the shop manager, his words were "well I don't know how theivs think"....

Seems like an inside job to me!!!! The shop is gonna knock $500 off my deductible, still not pleased with that gonna do some more talking...
Old 12-03-2008, 03:44 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Per him, he just lived with it. He couldn't afford at the time two claims on his insurance either.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:48 PM
vnarang

omg what car will I fap to now?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 12-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Anthony C

i think its an inside job and here's why:

clearly the shop had your keys so they just opened the door and busted the little window to make it look like thats how the "burglar" got in.... in all seriousness, that little window is a pain in the *** the to try and unlock from judging by the distance from the locks. i dont think a theif will waste a min or two just tryin to take a stick and unlock the passenger lock on an angle. its not their car so why would they try and save you money by not busting out the driver side window which would give quick instant easy access. doesnt make sense to bust out that tiny window which is no where near the locks anyways. ill bet the shop used your key, ripped apart your dash, took their time unhooking your deck and then closed your door leaving it unlocked and then busting out that tiny window...

make sense to anyone else?
Old 12-03-2008, 06:49 PM
z33allme

Originally Posted by Anthony C

clearly the shop had your keys so they just opened the door and busted the little window to make it look like thats how the "burglar" got in.... in all seriousness, that little window is a pain in the *** the to try and unlock from judging by the distance from the locks. i dont think a theif will waste a min or two just tryin to take a stick and unlock the passenger lock on an angle. its not their car so why would they try and save you money by not busting out the driver side window which would give quick instant easy access. doesnt make sense to bust out that tiny window which is no where near the locks anyways. ill bet the shop used your key, ripped apart your dash, took their time unhooking your deck and then closed your door leaving it unlocked and then busting out that tiny window...

Old 12-04-2008, 08:50 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Yep, and thats why I woudl show the police, and insurance exactly what you said Anthony. Start a investigation. The alarm also would have been set off without the key fob once the door is opened.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:59 AM
tware

While all this looks pretty shady, I did remember my Infiniti service manager telling me that they were having a hell of a time keeping thieves off the lots. I came in for service and a car was blocking the service bay (not just the entrance as you usually see). I was really pissed about the 10 mins it took to find the keys and move the car so I could park mine, but the SM told me about some of the recent problems. He said theft was up 1000% this year.. and they have vid monitoring, but the thieves were able to avoid being seen, leaving before anyone could respond, or tricking the monitoring - such as parking an Infiniti in service like they were dropping off a car, the driver getting out and leaving, but others staying in the car and avoiding being seen by the cameras.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:33 AM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

+2
Old 12-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Changvi

+3 Inside job for sure. Before you hire a lawyer, get your car out of that garbage body shop and use the shop you usually go to. Then hire a lawyer to investigate their *** for the theft. You shouldn't be put through this kind of ordeal after your accident bro.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Berk_Technology
Banned

Great looking pictures!
Old 12-04-2008, 04:38 PM
z33allme

Originally Posted by Berk_Technology
Great looking pictures!
Glad you like!!!
Old 12-26-2008, 06:34 PM
BankyDori

The simple fact that the Rep said he would take off 500 from your deductable means that he is worried that your gonna get the local PD or a lawyer involved... He realized your not an idiot.... He *pointed at that B&** S*&^ sign as soon as I brought it up* And now he's *tryin to help*... yeah he's sweatin. Go get his punk a**...
Old 03-13-2009, 09:34 AM
Carbon-Z
Sleeps in 350Z

I find it funny that now I hear afterwards that this guy was drinking that night as well. And per what I was told there was nothing on the road, he lost control of his car due to having too much to drink. I won't disclose who told me, but I was told about 3 weeks ago. LOL!

Quick Reply: My bad weekend, Update... More bad news!!!