Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

finalforce's JDM Interlagos Fire

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 09:51 PM
peters350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your car looks great, and nice garage too. I've got a question regarding your hood. Do you have any problems when it rains with the large air channels on the top of the hood? I live in a rainy environment and have been wanting one like that. Thanks
Old 06-07-2009, 04:23 AM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Highly doubt his car see's rain
Old 06-07-2009, 05:52 AM
finalforce

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by *ICE*
i was at work and the firewall blocked those pics. Attach them can bypass that for future reference

Clean engine bay btw.

Mine will be same as your in no time
Right on man, can't wait to see it.

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
I don't normally comment on these kind of threads and although my personal car doesn't show it, I do have a rather high standards when I look at how the car's been modded. With that said, I think your car looks very nice. The fact that you didn't go overboard with gaudy mods and the way you kept your car in such pristine (at least in pictures) condition is a huge plus. Also, looking at your garage floor made me clean up around my garage a little today.

BTW, if you haven't noticed already, I changed the title last night when I received your PM.
Thanks so much! About my garage, I try to always keep my working conditions clean. I have a shed out back so I put the rest of my lawn tools, 350z OEM parts, xmas lights, and whatnot in there. I like having as much space as possible to work on my little hobby

Originally Posted by ttuberz
^ yes, you answered your own question

Engine bay looks clean man I love it. So for the strut bar, all you used was paint thinner to clean the blue off?
I used the paint stripper to help break up some of the paint; it helped just a little bit. The rest was all hand sand= PITA especially inside the corners.

Last edited by finalforce; 06-07-2009 at 06:09 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:06 AM
finalforce

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
How come you removed your grill from the front bumper?
Its just for preference. I wanted a mouth in the front instead of a grill + I wanted to put a front license plate on so SoCal popo's won't harass me since they have been starting to get panty twisted all about it. The flip down bracket also acts as an air diversion to my PS cooler, radiator, and help intake flow.

Originally Posted by Tomek350Z
this is the best Z ive seen on this site please post some big resoulution pics so i can have it as a background
Thanks! Hmmm..... which one did you want
Old 06-07-2009, 06:08 AM
finalforce

Originally Posted by peters350z
Your car looks great, and nice garage too. I've got a question regarding your hood. Do you have any problems when it rains with the large air channels on the top of the hood? I live in a rainy environment and have been wanting one like that. Thanks
I know some people who have this hood and they say they have no problems with rain when on the go. It will be an issue when you are parked as rain will seep into the engine bay. On the driver side it will drip on and maybe into your intake box (if you still have it) and on the passenger side it will get your PS reservoir wet and nearby areas.

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
Highly doubt his car see's rain
How did you know, lol.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:17 AM
finalforce

I took some vids yesterday. Similar to the last try, they came out distorted however one vid was somewhat decent. Unfortunately it wasn't the one when I was at WOT, it was when I was leaving my in laws place but you can hear a little of the the exhaust note. Its probably not worth posting up. I'll try another time, I took it for a drive this weekend so its gonna sit in the garage for the rest of the month.

Last edited by finalforce; 06-07-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:30 AM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does the wifey and everybody else thinks you're insanely crazy for babying that thing hardcore? lol you're the biggest ocd guy on the forum I know of on this forum. And I still think I'm ocd but you're over and beyond! Great stuff though I love all the little details..
Old 06-07-2009, 09:06 AM
finalforce

Its so much easier for me now because I got rid of my S14 and hatchi roku= now have only one car to focus on. I got rid of them because they took away attention from my Z. Now any extra change gets dumped into one car instead of multiple rides.

..... and yes I am a bit OCD, lol.

Here's a pic of the grunt VQ at a show I did yesterday.

My helmet for riding the bike. Soon to be track (coarse) day helmet for my Z
Old 06-07-2009, 01:46 PM
XM 1

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

again nice pics final...could you do me a favor? i want to buy the rare jdm cover thing but i need to know what the height of that thing is.....i have ne Ing´s V 2 hood with the vent right infront of the engine, and i´m not quiet sure if i could still close the hood if i install the cover.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:39 PM
finalforce

Thats a bad *** hood you got there! Anyways, I'm not exactly sure of the specific height, but it sits as high/low as the original OEM engine cover so you shouldn't have a problem with it hitting your hood.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:44 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you thought about the ARC induction box?
Old 06-07-2009, 04:03 PM
finalforce

I actually thought about the box and a burnt intake pipe, but anything metallic absorbs heat faster and retains it more than the OEM plastic tube and box. Also for cosmetics i'm trying to keep all my polished parts in the center to keep the scheme.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:22 PM
XM 1

Originally Posted by finalforce
Thats a bad *** hood you got there! Anyways, I'm not exactly sure of the specific height, but it sits as high/low as the original OEM engine cover so you shouldn't have a problem with it hitting your hood.
i actually drive without the cover because it hits the hood hits the cover ( but just the front of the cover). i´ll figuer it out on the weekend while i´m trying to "clean" up my engine bay.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:54 PM
finalforce

Oh man that sucks. I measured it just in case to help you out and the exact height from the timing cover where it mounts sits exactly one and 6/8ths of an inch. Measure back from the mounting hole on the timing cover the bracket extends a 1/2 inch and it's exactly 2 1/2 inches deep. I just looked at it right now and I have a 3/8 plenum spacer and the height of the harness cover is 3/8's of an inch lower than the top of the head of the screw that's closest to the cover. I hope that makes sense and can help?
Old 06-08-2009, 04:00 PM
finalforce

..... and if it sounds puzzling PM me your number and I can walk you through measuring it
Old 06-11-2009, 01:30 AM
XM 1

Originally Posted by finalforce
..... and if it sounds puzzling PM me your number and I can walk you through measuring it
would be a pain since i live over in europe
Old 06-11-2009, 10:27 AM
finalforce

^ I got your PM, hopefully my sketch helps
Old 06-11-2009, 10:32 AM
finalforce

For others that were interested, here's a quick diagram I did for the specs on the Rare JDM engine harness cover dimensions. I know its not graphic artist quality, but I tried

*Edit: total length is supposed to be 19 3/4" not 19 1/2" and brackets on TOP VIEW are a little more inwards as shown on the SIDE VIEW diagram.

Last edited by finalforce; 06-11-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Vertex350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going to Spocom this weekend? I've never seen your car in person.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:21 PM
finalforce

I will be there, but i'm not showing my Z. Maybe next year my car will be ready to compete at that level, I ended up getting more stuff which will be in the mail shortly and not in time for the show.

Quick Reply: finalforce's JDM Interlagos Fire