Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 06:32 PM
finalforce

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Having dinner with in laws Pix will be up tonight.....I promise
Old 01-28-2011, 06:35 PM
brandon3434

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NOOO!!!! I was gonna stay up for this, but I gotta go to bed...haha (Work at 4AM )
Old 01-28-2011, 07:35 PM
finalforce

11pm will be 2am east coast. Don't lose sleep for this, by the time you wake for work it'll be up.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:57 PM
killa.beez33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by finalforce
Here's an old pic I dug up with my previous setup. I'm thinking of making a poster of this for my garage or home office.

Hey, sorry if I didn't catch it earlier in the thread (there's just so many damn pages! haha) but how did you mount your front plate?? Do you mind sharing how you got your tilt plate mounted?? Thanks.

Car looks great man!! Loved it since it had the Veilside lip, and still love it!! That color makes me wish I didn't buy Silverstone
Old 01-28-2011, 08:38 PM
finalforce

I got the license plate bracket at a local Auto Zone. I think its made by Bell and it adjusts like that so you can have it slanting in different degrees. The way I mounted it was I cut out the front grill and there are hooks that mount from the middle portion of the bumper (around the toe hook slot). I cut everything off EXCEPT those hooks and they lined right up to the brackets which I used to mount them.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:43 PM
kukles

17 minutes...
Old 01-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Aust350z

8 minutes
Old 01-28-2011, 10:01 PM
cliffrlp

Old 01-28-2011, 10:15 PM
finalforce

Some of you were wondering what direction I want to take my car. Earlier I mentioned that if I was going to move on to a new set it’d have to be different from my SSR’s so I’ll make it easier for you guys and answer some of the possible questions that might come up. KEEP IN MIND all my opinions and ideas come straight from me and it’s not to diss other people’s taste or boost my car like it’s above everyone else. All it is, is simply my taste. Below will shed some light as to why I made the decision to go with these wheels and the factors that influence my choices.

SIZE: I stuck with 19’s because I wanted to fill the fender better. I was very close to moving down to 18’s, but after looking at other cars with 18’s and spending hours on photo shop I just couldn’t get over how much smaller an 18” wheel looks compared to 19’s even though there’s only a one inch difference.

STYLE: My previous was a three piece step & reverse lip wheel. The blades were more bulky and the lip was much bigger. With that said I wanted something different to compliment the bulges on the body. The stock shell already has bulgy fenders plus the pokes on my aftermarket side skirts. The deep dish and step lip on my SP1’s made my car look even more bulky. Nothing bad about it, that’s what I wanted at the time but now its time for a change. What I want is to keep the bulge on the body, but balance it out with a more trimmed and nimble looking wheel. My pointy bumper, vented hood and wing are aggressive so I want to complete the sharpness with rims that have more blades. Overall I want my car to look wide, aggressive, mean and light all at the same time.

PATTERN: The five star pattern is common for our car and never gets old. I still like it. However again, I wanted something different from my SP1’s. I chose to go with more spokes that have intricate details. If you notice the pattern around the hub, blades and barrel; they are precise which really makes the rim pop. Another thing I like about the pattern is it has a little concave to it. To have a lip and slight concave on the face was a plus for me. The only thing I dislike about this wheel is the cleaning part. To get into those tight spaces and all the attributes on the rim make it a PITA to maintain.

COLOR For a while, I thought Interlagos Fire would look good only with an SBC, WMB, RMC or black chrome finish. The exotic color of IF made it hard for me to mix and match colors and every time I photo shopped possibilities it never came out to what I imagined. Despite not meeting ends with photo shop I just had to jump in and do it. Black wheels remind me of something stealth, mean and fast but I couldn’t get over the fact that it disguises a lot of detail from a distance. With that said, the only way around it is to get something with trimmed blades and a polished lip. Aside from that, the biggest element on the wheel to me is the center piece caps (see further below).

OFFSETS: Up front I have +17 and for the rear I have +24. Why not so aggressive? One thing I wanted to stray away from is having too much lippage. I know everyone thinks the more lip the better. Not me. Too much of something good sometimes can lead to bad. I don’t like the way a car sits when there’s too much lip. To me, it looks awkward in certain angles where you can only see the barrel and the face is too sunk in. With the conservative offsets I have, I still have a modest lip in the front and about 4” in the back…..more than enough for me. Some people like heavy lippage up front too, but for me a rear wheel drive car looks much better when the rear has a bigger lip than the front. Plus it really makes our car look intimidating with more bulk in the rear. BTW I am currently running a 3mm spacer up front and 5mm in the rear for a more better stance. Just in case people wonder, YES they are bbk friendly.

WIDTH: The combo I went with is common with a 9.5” in the front and 10.5” in the rear. No secret there, I’m not into the hella flush scene (nothing bad about it) or a “pushing the envelope” type car. Like I said nothing bad about it, but to me this combo sits just right for the size of our car without taking anything away from the original shape.

CENTER CAPS This by far was the most crucial piece of the puzzle for me. I’ve never seen any limited edition Time Attack center caps on this particular wheel AND color. Having an Interlagos Fire car, this anodized red really shines on the wheel and if Volk never offered these caps I wouldn’t have bought these wheels…..seriously. Some people like no center caps, but for me I can’t stand seeing the center exposed. Yes I am very particular

LUG NUTS I actually have three sets…..black, chrome and red. At first I thought getting the red Ray’s lug nuts would work the best, but it turned out completely opposite. It is FUGLY. The red on the center cap alone takes the cake, adding the red lug nuts makes it look like I’ve got clown shoes. The square shape of the head also disrupts the overall balance of shapes as nothing is square or boxy like it on my wheel. Black you can never go wrong with, but it really didn’t do anything to the appearance but hide itself. The perfect fit was my chrome Muteki lug nuts. The star shape head really coordinates with the pattern around the hub and the chrome reflection doesn’t come out loud like the red and it really compliments the center cap and polished barrel. I did a mock up with different lug nuts and chrome it is!

Without further ado…..here they are

Old 01-28-2011, 10:39 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

excellent!

how are you planning on accenting the black that's in the rims now....

Last edited by KingBaby; 01-28-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:45 PM
finalforce

See center caps. It completely makes that wheel.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:51 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

ohhhh....I was hoping for more...

either way it's awesome...
Old 01-28-2011, 10:52 PM
mrfobbyaccent

ahhhh I know you aren't a hella flush fan, but I was hoping your would do a low off set rim, and run a fat tire on it. I know that is what you sort of did with sp1's, but I was thinking in maybe in the 0 offset range. It's okay though, because I know you put a lot of thought into each mod, and I know this will look awesome with the car. What tire sizes you planning to run, I know you stated that you had a 255 for the front, how about the rear? Awesome wheel choice btw I love the gtf's!!!
Old 01-29-2011, 02:45 AM
brandon3434

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice, finalforce!!! Interesting choice, would have never guessed haha.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:51 AM
Toby-22

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Old 01-29-2011, 06:39 AM
VQpoweredZ

Nice, its different, but should look good. I'm guessing you picked these up from Forged.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:55 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice bro nice! def worth the wait
Old 01-29-2011, 07:01 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great choice! those are going to look awesome on your ride. you are so thorough when choosing wheels, reminds me of what i go through when i buy parts, lol. Can't wait to see it on.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:28 AM
finalforce

Thanks guys. I've got to drive all the way to Anaheim (Wheel Warehouse) to get them installed. They are supposed to be the best in SoCal and are very, very careful with installs. Most of my friends recommended me to them, especially when it comes to mating the TPMS on these wheels since I won't be able to mount them directly to the valve stem opening.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:41 AM
jruocco

Sick wheels!!! I am somewhat biased though. Did you look at the iForged TPMS adpaters? Thats what I used.

Quick Reply: finalforce's JDM Interlagos Fire