Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

350z with 19" Linea Corse and a Yakima Roof Rack (O.o)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Kiriller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You really should stick to jettas/golfs or hatchback civics. What the hell is with the useless roof rack that awful. I dont mean to be an *** or anything but why in hell would you get a Z if you want to put a rack on top of it. Get a 4 door econobox and be done, get that rack off the car and dont be stupid.

Its bad enough people are putting racks on their nice a4's and think it looks nice, stupidity comes before anything now days.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:02 PM
cosmec

Originally Posted by Kiriller
You really should stick to jettas/golfs or hatchback civics. What the hell is with the useless roof rack that awful. I dont mean to be an *** or anything but why in hell would you get a Z if you want to put a rack on top of it. Get a 4 door econobox and be done, get that rack off the car and dont be stupid.

Its bad enough people are putting racks on their nice a4's and think it looks nice, stupidity comes before anything now days.
at you thinking the Z is some supercar. Its a ****ing NISSAN! Sure some people might take way better care of it than others but some people like myself just like the car and can deal with a few scuffmarks. If something that bad happened to my roof over a few years I could paint it and it wouldnt matter.

Why does it bother you so much that there is a rack on his Z? Maybe sports cars shouldnt even come with trunks anymore, since theyre only meant to race, right?
Old 02-01-2010, 07:56 PM
ttuberz
Banned

Originally Posted by cosmec
at you thinking the Z is some supercar. Its a ****ing NISSAN! Sure some people might take way better care of it than others but some people like myself just like the car and can deal with a few scuffmarks. If something that bad happened to my roof over a few years I could paint it and it wouldnt matter.

Why does it bother you so much that there is a rack on his Z? Maybe sports cars shouldnt even come with trunks anymore, since theyre only meant to race, right?
That was the stupidest thing I heard. He was giving you smart advice. Roof racks don't go on sports cars whether you care to scratch yours up or not. You got it for the price of a civic so might as well mod it like a civic right phail just like your fake wheels.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:57 PM
cow

Originally Posted by ttuberz
That was the stupidest thing I heard. He was giving you smart advice. Roof racks don't go on sports cars whether you care to scratch yours up or not. You got it for the price of a civic so might as well mod it like a civic right phail just like your fake wheels.
Clearly it does go on a sports car. You just don't like the way it looks.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:00 PM
ttuberz
Banned

Originally Posted by cow
Clearly it does go on a sports car. You just don't like the way it looks.
lol its late you know what i mean haha
Old 02-01-2010, 10:56 PM
angryCOWofDOOM

personally, i believe a car is to be used for your own personal reasons since that's what you bought it for. whether you use it on a track, or drive it up to the snow, each accessory you buy for it is obviously because you want it/need it. there's no reason to bag on someone for someone trying to be different and add their own personality to their car. if you don't like it, don't get it then. people actually use their car for transporting more things then themselves. to each their own i guess..
Old 02-01-2010, 10:56 PM
DjC

LOL, some of you guys are funny. Like I said before, the rack comes off easily and most of the time it is off. This is why I love trolling on my350z, lots of immature kids who are narrow minded. Aside from that, for those who asked, yep I do bike a lot and I do also have ski mounts and cargo box for it but that actually goes on my Tahoe, but it fits the Z's rack.

I commute far distances daily and its nice to bike in the morning before I start work. Its the convenience of having a usable daily driver. But I don't need to prove anything, its my car

Thanks to those who weren't too harsh on me.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:04 PM
angryCOWofDOOM

what are the specs of the roof rack? did you get it custom fitted or something? thanks!
Old 02-02-2010, 10:10 AM
cosmec

Originally Posted by ttuberz
Fake wheels?

Gimme a break dude. I'm just tired of everyone acting like the Z is some ****ing supercar or expensive german sports car. It is exactly what it is, a $30,000 Japanese car. I am not saying you should treat it like **** and I try my best to make sure my car is always clean, maintained, etc., but I am NOT going to sacrifice doing activities that make me happy such as snowboarding or skiing cause I chose this car. Noone in this thread is acting like VW ***s who throw 600$ roof racks on and never actually attach **** to it. These things are for occasional, practical purposes.

If you dont like roof racks on a Z fine, move on. If you dont like my wheels, hey fine, move on. Plenty of people like both. Trust me
Old 02-02-2010, 02:56 PM
pHiLDeZnUtZz

I ride a fixie as well and have been considering taking the bike apart to fit in my trunk, but it will be a hassle to do it every time. the roof rack isn't bad. I like that there is one available for the z. although i wish the rack was more flush with the curve and the rail laying across it.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:26 PM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks pretty decent, imo
Old 02-03-2010, 07:21 PM
OZD 35

Oh wow! Never seen a roof rack on a Z! Not my cup of tea, but hey, whatever works! I'm likin' the wheels though!

Last edited by OZD 35; 02-03-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:28 AM
AREITU

Would love to get more info on the roof rack and how you got it to fit. It's cheaper than insuring/buying/maintaining a beater

I'm looking for one myself but the boofsquire looks sort of like a fanny pack.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:47 AM
mw9

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by drifter5
I love the roof rack and I am looking for one myself like yours, but your car really needs a drop.
I love people who actually use there Z. Tired of people telling me the Z can't do this or that
Old 03-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Bumble Z

wheels is straight... ski rack ummm thats civic ...get some tints on them windows
Old 03-05-2010, 10:59 AM
blitz2k1

If you use the SkiRack then that's great. If you bought it solely on the purpose to make your Z stand out, then honestly it does just that. It really makes your Z look like Crap. Get rid of it FAST!
Old 03-07-2010, 12:36 AM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damnit, so many people have asked for info on your custom rack so please do share how you did it and what parts are necessary. I also cycle and have not been a fan of the boofsquire, which seems to be the ONLY option other then your custom rack.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:15 PM
cl6315

dude, the bike rack, we want to know more info on the bike rack...pretty prease.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:01 PM
WFjGer

where can i get that rack im really need one
Old 11-08-2010, 12:45 PM
moforeynolds

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

getting a roof rack for style is retarded. Took you multiple posts to say that you actually use it, so if that's the case then fair enough. Looks dumb and I'm trying to figure out if you can open your hatch or not, but if you utilize it then I won't argue with function.

As for everyone asking where he got it...looks like the standard custom Yakima, which can be installed by any Yak dealer.

Quick Reply: 350z with 19" Linea Corse and a Yakima Roof Rack (O.o)