Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Winter refresh! Redline meets AME, Zeal, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 10:33 AM
VQpoweredZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks nice but get that aligned asap, set the camber to a reasonable amount, and maybe reevaluate the spacer choice. Really liking the color combo though, just not so much the amount negative camber.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:15 AM
ttuberz
Banned

I like it.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:16 PM
350z spd

I don't understand why you're running THAT much camber... The wheel setup isn't that aggressive... Fix the insane camber and it'll look better than it already does. I think with around 2.8* in the rear you should easily fit those wheels.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:26 PM
surfer05rdr

car looks great other than the crazy camber.. I like camber but thats just a lil to ill for me but i love the car
Old 03-22-2010, 07:50 PM
microsteve40
Know it all

Originally Posted by 350z spd
I don't understand why you're running THAT much camber... The wheel setup isn't that aggressive...
It's not the wheel setup that's aggressive, it's that the tires are too wide. I am using the same 275s I had on my Volks, and this is the only way to fit them under there at that ride height (I actually raised the car a full inch in rear just to keep the fenders from sitting on the tires), unless you know something I don't. One of the (many) disadvantages of living in Idaho is that there aren't many others doing this sort of thing, so it's just a live and learn deal for me. When I need new tires, which won't be long with this much camber, I'll get narrower ones.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:06 PM
gr8scott_o

Originally Posted by microsteve40
It's not the wheel setup that's aggressive, it's that the tires are too wide. I am using the same 275s I had on my Volks, and this is the only way to fit them under there at that ride height (I actually raised the car a full inch in rear just to keep the fenders from sitting on the tires), unless you know something I don't. One of the (many) disadvantages of living in Idaho is that there aren't many others doing this sort of thing, so it's just a live and learn deal for me. When I need new tires, which won't be long with this much camber, I'll get narrower ones.
You could take the spacers off...
Old 03-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice setup, thanks for sharing!!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:08 PM
gregom

Nice pics... camber does look extreme in the pics. I think i've seen your car a couple times around town before and it didn't look that extreme. Did you increase the camber recently or has it always been like that?

BTW you autox?

Last edited by gregom; 03-22-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:19 PM
killa.beez33

Nice! Lovin' those wheels!!!

The camber in the rear is a little too much for my taste, but still sick.

What's with the flowers btw? o_0?
Old 03-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by POWUH
nice stance , but why not go 20mm spacers and a lil less camber
+1, seriously, unless you are drifting no need for that much camber. if you are going aesthetics then you went too far, cause it looks bad.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:42 AM
ekidd

Not feeling it. I think that much camber would only look good if you were running stretched tires. Tucking wide tires w/ a lot of neg. does not look good at all.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:52 AM
dkmesa350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^That's the first race I've ever won! I'm so excited!

-Corky
Old 03-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

so retarded when you have to get narrow tires to fit an offset. seriously, what is happening to this enthusiast community. if went from gear heads who preferred performance over aesthetics to a bunch skirt wearing pansies who want to barbie dolls with their Z's and dress them up. what's happened to the people who want wider tires for better traction? this is just sad.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Indyzed

Originally Posted by itsjiggajames
honestly looks retarded to me.. i'd definitely run less camber and run a smaller spacer until you can get the correct tire sizes to run that size spacer.. your car looks like it has broken suspension in the rear and the front tire is tucked in way more than the rear...

in short - run more similar camber specs front and rear
Couldn't agree more.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:55 PM
gregom

Originally Posted by Nexx
so retarded when you have to get narrow tires to fit an offset. seriously, what is happening to this enthusiast community. if went from gear heads who preferred performance over aesthetics to a bunch skirt wearing pansies who want to barbie dolls with their Z's and dress them up. what's happened to the people who want wider tires for better traction? this is just sad.
rofl... well said I must admit...
Old 03-24-2010, 04:32 PM
jserman

The pics i think make it look worse then what it is... looks SICK in person.. it's just the beginning stages once dialed in it will look sick......

and way better then when we first dropped it off the jackstands

hey gregom you have any pics of your car??? never seen it around town
Old 03-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not feeling the camber or color combo..
Old 03-24-2010, 07:01 PM
350zfun19

+1, seriously, unless you are drifting no need for that much camber. if you are going aesthetics then you went too far, cause it looks bad.
in drifting you would want to wear the tires out evenly (and have traction) so you would never want that much negative camber. But I agree with you man this hellaflush crap is going wayyyy too far.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:04 PM
ekidd

Not everyone is all about power n traction.. Some people are about all show and no go. Anyone could dump a bunch of money on performance parts for power which you would obviously need traction for, but not everyone can pull off the aggressive fitment/stretched tires look. In my eyes, the hellaflush scene is all about your style, taste, and swagger in dressing up your ride.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:36 AM
POWUH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ekidd
Not everyone is all about power n traction.. Some people are about all show and no go. Anyone could dump a bunch of money on performance parts for power which you would obviously need traction for, but not everyone can pull off the aggressive fitment/stretched tires look. In my eyes, the hellaflush scene is all about your style, taste, and swagger in dressing up your ride.
when you do it right , but not like this

Quick Reply: Winter refresh! Redline meets AME, Zeal, etc...