litoflow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^You serious?
Old 08-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by litoflow
^^You serious?
yeah dude. my 305/30/19's are flush with my fenders but dont stick out. i have less than a finger between my fender and tire and im within factory spec alignment. how do you get traction with your car setup that way? its a sports car right? traction cant be good. i feel bad for your car. the fenders are jacked im sure the bottom of your car takes a beating. a civic could out accelerate you since you wouldnt be able to put the power down to the rubber like tires that you use. i guess its cute to look at. im actually taking my car to an autocross event and using it like it should be this weekend. have you ever thought about racing your car? drag, autocross or road racing? its very fun using a well designed performance vehicle like 350z for such things. i guess you just want to take pretty pictures and let teenagers who have no car knowledge gawk at your car? real car enthusiasts just kinda shake their heads at cars yours. sell the Z and go buy a lexus.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:26 PM
NoQuestionZ

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexx
yeah dude. my 305/30/19's are flush with my fenders but dont stick out. i have less than a finger between my fender and tire and im within factory spec alignment. how do you get traction with your car setup that way? its a sports car right? traction cant be good. i feel bad for your car. the fenders are jacked im sure the bottom of your car takes a beating. a civic could out accelerate you since you wouldnt be able to put the power down to the rubber like tires that you use. i guess its cute to look at. im actually taking my car to an autocross event and using it like it should be this weekend. have you ever thought about racing your car? drag, autocross or road racing? its very fun using a well designed performance vehicle like 350z for such things. i guess you just want to take pretty pictures and let teenagers who have no car knowledge gawk at your car? real car enthusiasts just kinda shake their heads at cars yours. sell the Z and go buy a lexus.

To each his own

I would sell my left nut to have a set up like the OPs....... then again a track car that was daily driven would be noice too..... I wouldnt hate on the options the Z has....this car is bagged or on a nice set of UBER adjustable coilovers, so i dont know if traction would be an issue... My only complaint is NO HR!!! Other than that the car is sick as hell

Diggin the front shots but an intercooler would look sexxy as **** behind that lip...... jus sayin
Old 08-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Nexx

^^ so having stance coilovers and slamming your car is a dream? stance coilovers are relatively cheap. my HKS 1000cc injectors cost as much. hell one of my seats costs twice as much. and from the looks of it, he might as well have just used a baseball bat to roll the rear fenders. wait wait.. OP's car must be setup for drift, I get it now. OP post some pics of you drifting!

Last edited by Nexx; 08-04-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Nemo7

he did
Old 08-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Nexx

props on using the car for something OP. i retract my comment about buying a lexus. i stand by everything else though.

oh, a car doesnt have to be setup that way to drift, in fact from what ive been told its far from an ideal setup.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:55 PM
litoflow

Nexx I do honestly respect your Opinion but with different people comes different minds, thoughts and tastes, its one of the reasons there are different styles, different girls and different colors out there for all of us to choose from. My traction has no issues at all so yes i do get traction from it and if i didn't how would i move around then? i guess you mean drag racing, autocross or road racing? You left out Drifting or do i have to like drag racing, autocross and road racing only, Do I? Yes it is a sports cars and as a sports car it can be built for many purposes, mine Drifting. LOL at the civic out accelerating me, are we talking about a stock civic? turbo civic? NA built? cause non turbo civics modified to the a$$ don't touch me running this specifications. So with that being said i do think about Drifting and I use it for it as you can see pictures above. I can drag race if i want to and even road race as well but to be honest autocross to me is mad boring. Remember when I said different people = different opinions? So this is my pinion. I don't just take pretty pictures of my z and let teenagers kill themselves over my z and real car enthusiast i have had the chance to come across with my z haven shake their head but shown respect i got ***** to run such offsets i mean at the end of the day whose Z is it? yours or mine? to each its own.

I don't think having Stance Coils and slamming a car is a dream to have. it might be an experience to go through since Slammed cars are not for everyone. Stance coils are not the greatest or the most expensive out there but they give almost the same thing I am looking for in a Coilover than almost every other one out there if not better. You are comparing HKS injectors to my coilovers? i mean really? why dont we compare your hood against my hood? the body work i am having done on my z that is one of a kind? I mean if you want to go to the extreme I bet i can buy your Volks any where in the US and there are tons of people with the same Size/offsets as yours...When you find someone else with my WEDS with the same size and offsets as mine in the US, let me know...

As requested. More to come once i get the z back from the body shop...

Found A couple more i can add...

And yes you are correct... i dont necessarily need to have such an aggressive stance or be this low to drift but I love the way it looks sideways this low...

but damn he is killing it in Formula Drift

Old 08-04-2010, 06:14 PM
NoQuestionZ

Found A couple more i can add...

1st pic is either drifting or turning with smoke.... im not sure which

I'm not on here to argue. What looks good to one, doesn't to another. Ask ANYone who doesn't spend money other than gas on their cars if what ANY of us do is "sane". My roommate spent 400+ on a pool stick....... And he gave me flack for buyin a cf hood.....Quoting myself: to each his own.... If you spent a g on engine and op spent it on suspension slammin and stretchin that's each of yalls business....
Old 08-04-2010, 06:21 PM
litoflow

^^Thank you!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Nexx

Originally Posted by WhyNot?Z
1st pic is either drifting or turning with smoke.... im not sure which

I'm not on here to argue. What looks good to one, doesn't to another. Ask ANYone who doesn't spend money other than gas on their cars if what ANY of us do is "sane". My roommate spent 400+ on a pool stick....... And he gave me flack for buyin a cf hood.....Quoting myself: to each his own.... If you spent a g on engine and op spent it on suspension slammin and stretchin that's each of yalls business....
yeah but he didnt buy his pool cue to just look at it right? he's actually gonna use it to play pool. its $400 because it probably made from a really light wood thats super strong or something. only reason id buy a cf hood is because its hard to find any other type of hood with vents which i really need. i paint it too, lol.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:43 PM
NoQuestionZ

yeah but he didnt buy his pool cue to just look at it right? he's actually gonna use it to play pool. its $400 because it probably made from a really light wood thats super strong or something. only reason id buy a cf hood is because its hard to find any other type of hood with vents which i really need. i paint it too, lol.
just like i didnt buy my hood to look at it..... well yea i did!!!! Only way i could compare THAT would be to buy a hood and NOT install it on the car!!??

And not to rag on my rooms more than i already do, but we have no bs 8 cue *****..... I dont understand the need for that many... Ive played pool once or 47 times and i have only used 1 cue ball at a time... Shoot, maybe bumper pool? Meanwhile back in this conversation.................

Sleepers.......I love em...... Pull up to a rust bucket with tt or s/c setup and change your mind bout messin with em..... Its rare to say a Z is a sleeper, but thats just an extreme example of BITE before BARK.... However, some of us are weekend warriors, and dont need too much bite.... I cant justify a setup like either of yours because my girl wont ever see track time OR a car show

but id like to walk a line in between both yalls setup... Who doesnt want a faster car to shift 4th and walk on FI cars? who doesnt want to walk out from the store and see a couple people droolin over the paint/body cuz they havent heard her runnin yet? and all this my friend costs money..
Old 08-04-2010, 07:09 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

pics of your current setup to show us how it's done
Old 08-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Nexx

Originally Posted by KingBaby
pics of your current setup to show us how it's done
ok ok, soon my friend soon. finally got 85% of my suspension stuff done, coilovers, bushings front and rear. gonna race it this saturday and take it to the body shop for a new bumper. ill post pics of my fat *** tires then.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:25 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

sounds good bro...

I'm in between.... I love a nice stance but I love when it has a purpose...

next check my rears hopefully are going up to 285/35/19 over my current 275/30/19....

keep us updated
Old 08-04-2010, 07:32 PM
haeshik

Originally Posted by WhyNot?Z
If you spent a g on engine and op spent it on suspension slammin and stretchin that's each of yalls business....
this sounded mad tight yo

Can't wait for your new setup bro!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:44 PM
litoflow

^^Yeah i can wait myself. The body shops is definitely doing a great job on the bodywork.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Totally going to rock another Nexx quote.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Nexx

oh and done right without jacking up fenders, running stupid offsets and rubber band tires... I give you Finalforce

rocking 275's in the rear without stupid camber. that my friends is how you ride low.

oh my old weak setup before coilovers and old wheels

Last edited by Nexx; 08-04-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:21 PM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^Yeah i can wait myself. The body shops is definitely doing a great job on the bodywork.
got an ETA bro? the suspense is building in the northeast section. imma check you out in stamford when you return.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:12 PM
litoflow

oh and done right without jacking up fenders, running stupid offsets and rubber band tires... I give you Finalforce

rocking 275's in the rear without stupid camber. that my friends is how you ride low.

oh my old weak setup before coilovers and old wheels

Since when offsets became stupid? Do you have any Idea what offsets i am running or even what kind of wheels i have? How low off the ground i am? Finalforce is not even close to me at all. Or even come to realized the Z is having Body work done so i can run less camber and still be flush? What part of your car you got that i cannot buy tomorrow? nothing too special i see...we can go on and on talking on the thread about the same topic over and over again...I think you should just go back to your Fat Thread Tire and realize no matter what pictures you post or what comments you leave me at the end of the day I drive my Z and definitley do not give a f^ck about what other people think about my car and trust me i really don't.

So since you won post your progress, here goes mine...
before:
Rear Right Fender

Front Right Fender

and the other side

The OEM Fender Custom Work....

That is all i have for now but i will update with more as the progress goes on, fenders still need to be pull more on the front left side and a little bit more in the rear right side so there is a lot of work involved but the z is getting there.

@ Boomer: the z will be done by the end of next week but i wont be in CT to pick it up so when i get back to CT i will come to Stamford and meet you guys with the new look... see you soon homie.

Quick Reply: "My Angry Frog"