Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

1st Moulding Diffuser... Oh Yea

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 05:06 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by JCITY
Its all a matter of taste.But to me,too much CF in the rear of your car.The spoiler is way
out of proportion to the car.Also,the diffusser,being CF,visually makes the car look
like its sitting higher than it really is.The gap is not the problem as I see it.Its what you have done to the overall design flow of the Z.Not good...
Out of proportion? You do realize that's a factory Nismo wing right? It's not like it's an APR race wing and then I'd agree with you. The only thing changed the look of the car was the front bumper and I'm still not completely in love with it. The car doesn't look like it's sitting higher at all, I have no idea what pic your looking at that you'd figure that a fact. The line's of the car are not that far off of that of a 07-08 Nismo so I'm going to call shananigan's on your part... I'd like to see a pic of your car to see what taste you have.

I'd also like to include that it's a true diffuser... like a Voltex or a Top Secret that's just as large. It's about 3'x3' and is completely functional. Some have expressed their dislike for my carbon and the V3... this thread isn't asking if you like it or not but to educate someone who wants something like this. Keep trolling the Evo-R threads pls...

Last edited by Flo-ridaZ33; 07-04-2011 at 05:42 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mrblah
I have a first molding rear diffuser. I bought it and installed it 2 years ago. Fitment is pretty bad, but you can play with it a bit to make it fit a bit better. but the big gaps in the rear is suppose to be there. I thought the one I got was pretty bad, but it seems like its the norm.

As for exhausts. I had a greddy SE and it fit. When i switched it to a fujitsubo rma01, it didn't fit. I had to cut the rear part of the diffuser, for the piping and the can.

If I had to do it again, I probably wouldn't buy this diffuser. However, it is pretty rare, and you will probably never run into another Z on the street with the same setup.

To the OP: looking good
Very helpful mrblah, I would like to see more pics of this setup!

Originally Posted by JCITY
Its all a matter of taste.But to me,too much CF in the rear of your car.The spoiler is way
out of proportion to the car.Also,the diffusser,being CF,visually makes the car look
like its sitting higher than it really is.The gap is not the problem as I see it.Its what you have done to the overall design flow of the Z.Not good...
Not helpful at all..

Last edited by Waiz; 07-04-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:28 PM
mrblah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
Dude your the other guy! Man where were you when I need your help!!!!. Adam couldn't remember your info b/c it had been sooo long. .
Sorry, for taking a while to respond. I have the car in storage in another state for the last year or so, and I won't be back for another month or so. I would not recommend the diffuser to others because there is no possible way to get it to fit properly (even with a body shop) and it is hit or miss with aftermarket exhausts. I literally had to cut a huge cutaway to fit the fuji RM01a, and I love that exhaust too much to get rid of it. I don't think it will fit the legalis or any type of exhaust that hangs lower than stock (at least with my can, you can't see the cut unless you are directly below it). It fit the greddy spectrum Elite well mainly because its pretty much a blinged out stock design.

However, man, you got the diffuser to fit pretty good. I might have to steal your idea of using that gasket. I've grown to live with the horrible gaps. LoL.

Here is a video with my exhaust and diffuser, but the reason I'm linking the video is because you can see the cutout I made that was required to get the exhaust can to clear the diffuser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9kOZ...layer_embedded

As for pics, I'll take em when i can but that won't be a while since I am in another state, but I'll post when I can.

As for the brackets, yea it was a 2#R$@#!@. I spent alot of time on my back, and I still havent figured out where the brackets go for the ones that are closest to the bumper. I ended just drilling a hole into the bumper support (from the backside) and using self taping screws and some home made bracket extentions from home depot. Its worked for the most part.

Last edited by mrblah; 08-07-2011 at 01:33 AM.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:26 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by mrblah
Sorry, for taking a while to respond. I have the car in storage in another state for the last year or so, and I won't be back for another month or so. I would not recommend the diffuser to others because there is no possible way to get it to fit properly (even with a body shop) and it is hit or miss with aftermarket exhausts. I literally had to cut a huge cutaway to fit the fuji RM01a, and I love that exhaust too much to get rid of it. I don't think it will fit the legalis or any type of exhaust that hangs lower than stock (at least with my can, you can't see the cut unless you are directly below it). It fit the greddy spectrum Elite well mainly because its pretty much a blinged out stock design.

However, man, you got the diffuser to fit pretty good. I might have to steal your idea of using that gasket. I've grown to live with the horrible gaps. LoL.

Here is a video with my exhaust and diffuser, but the reason I'm linking the video is because you can see the cutout I made that was required to get the exhaust can to clear the diffuser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9kOZ...layer_embedded

As for pics, I'll take em when i can but that won't be a while since I am in another state, but I'll post when I can.

As for the brackets, yea it was a 2#R$@#!@. I spent alot of time on my back, and I still havent figured out where the brackets go for the ones that are closest to the bumper. I ended just drilling a hole into the bumper support (from the backside) and using self taping screws and some home made bracket extentions from home depot. Its worked for the most part.
Your talking about the brackets farthest to the back? I had a horrible time figuring out where the "hanger" area was in front of the exhaust. The gasket technique works great and simple to install. Overall your set up looks good.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Vas_Z33

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

i wish i could find a spoiler like that!!! =(. looks good!
Old 08-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by Vas_Z33
i wish i could find a spoiler like that!!! =(. looks good!
Thanks broski
Old 04-20-2012, 04:21 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm going to need some advice for my install.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkleCityHop
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm going to need some advice for my install.
I should get a little credit for this.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:55 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Yep, you and Flo are on Santa's good list this year. Thanks for the help, guys. I'm pretty excited.

My car is starting to look like a poor man's copy of how Flo's car used to look. I have the Veilside lip up front, I have ADR wheels similar to his old BBS wheels, I bought his Akebono's, I now have the same rear diffuser. I like the CF under side wings too, but will have to wait on those.

I just noticed this tonight. I swear I'm not a stalker!
Old 04-20-2012, 06:02 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
I should get a little credit for this.

Yep, you and Flo are on Santa's good list this year. Thanks for the help, guys. I'm pretty excited.

My car is starting to look like a poor man's copy of how Flo's car used to look. I have the Veilside lip up front, I have ADR wheels similar to his old BBS wheels, I bought his Akebono's, I now have the same rear diffuser. I like the CF under side wings too, but will have to wait on those.

I have the Chargespeed spats that I'd let go for cheap because I hit one of them... unfortunately I'm here until September. LOL... I miss my RPF1's. Let me know when it arrives because they're 2 brackets that aren't visible in the instructions that are VERY important to the installation.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

where did you pick up the diffuser from sparkle?
Old 04-20-2012, 07:05 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by Voboy
where did you pick up the diffuser from sparkle?
Ancient Chinese Secret...

Just kidding - Bulletproof Automotive. They are a sponsor here (BPAuto). Mark has been great to work with so far and they came with great references from some trusted members on here. I'm expecting a smooth transaction and will sing their praises if I can get this thing delivered and installed in time for ZDayz. They had one in stock for me and will be shipping it out Tuesday-ish.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Sickboy101

Received 87 Likes on 41 Posts

Looking forward to seeing pics your new project car Sparkle... Always liked the look of the 1st Mouldings Diffuser.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Is there a way you can add your completed pics onto the 2nd post?
Old 04-21-2012, 03:14 AM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Is there a way you can add your completed pics onto the 2nd post?
The board sorts posts by date/time and there is no way for me to forge a timestamp (without direct access to the database at least). So I can't insert a new post as the second post.

What I can do is post my pics and you can add them to the end of your first post. I'll probably do a DIY video of the install and I should have some professional quality pics of the car (with vinyls, etc) at ZDayz, so I'll definitely have some content to share.

This will be my first "rare JDM" piece for the new coupe, so I'm pretty freakin stoked about it. I like the TS/MG too, but I'll really enjoy not seeing it on other Z's at ZDayz. With 450 already pre-registered, it's going to be HUGE this year!
Old 04-26-2012, 03:41 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

I have the Chargespeed spats that I'd let go for cheap because I hit one of them... unfortunately I'm here until September.
Let me know once you're back in town - I'll try my best to be patient (not one of my virtues). I'm either doing those or the Chargespeed Bottomline sides in CF.

Diffuser has shipped, so I'm just waiting on delivery at this point. I'm not even checking the tracking info, because I want it to be a surprise when it gets here.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:04 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Ok, diffuser arrived this morning. I came home from lunch and unpacked it.

Then after I finished dinner, I backed my Z up onto the Rhino Ramps and got started.

It took me 95 minutes to install and my arms and hands were cramping up the entire time. I'll tell you, some of the nuts were an absolute nightmare to get to. I had to wrap a few of the washers and bolts with tape and hold them in place with a pair of long needle nose pliers to get them started. But the best two tools you can have for this installation are two 10mm swivel-head ratcheting wrenches. It would have taken me much longer without these tools. They allowed me to get to all of the bolts and nuts and get things tightened up.

I dont have a gasket for the sides yet, but I snapped a few pictures right after I wrapped the installation.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:39 PM
sofa king
Banned

Very nice
Old 05-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Sickboy101

Received 87 Likes on 41 Posts

Looks great
Old 07-17-2012, 05:56 AM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Joel, I think I remember us talking about this once before, but what is your exhaust clearance like with this? From the pictures it looks like my TiC dual has no chance in hell of fitting in there.

Quick Reply: 1st Moulding Diffuser... Oh Yea