Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

My other other Z...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 09:15 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FinallyGotaG
LOL @ the guys defending their poor man's Porsche. And to the guy saying he runs circles around Porsches. Unless you're FI with a whole lot of supporting mods, I highly doubt it.
You do know that a lot of us sold our 350's a long time ago. That doesn't mean we still don't have love for the Z car. Food for thought.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Itzcashew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 350z isn't a sports car...stop treating it like it's a Porsche. These things can be had for less than 8k nowadays.
You know there is this thing called depreciation. When a new model comes out the older one falls in value. You're also comparing a 90K+ sports car to a 30k+ budget minded sports car. To be fair compare a 911 to a GTR. The Z is likely to be compared to a Boxster or Cayman.

Also because the 350 is falling in value it makes them attainable for people to put out of spec wheels and camber on it. From what I've experience most stance guys like to stance out a car they can afford to beat up. You guys keep the oil pan manufacturer in business.

Reference:
NSX can be had for 20K now a days.
GTR is dipping now.
300ZX used to be 40k+
C5 Corvettes are like 15k

These mass produce cars will never hold the same collector value as a old Ferrari or Ashton. But damn it I love this car and I don't like your taste in wheels, suspension, looks, women, etc. But that makes me a hater while you're not a hater by hating on my love to keep my car functional? Hypocrite.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:35 AM
JBF

I have love for the Z car as well. My love for the Z goes as far back as the 240z. But the point I'm making is that some of these guys can't respect or appreciate one's work whether it's functional or not.

And sadly, it goes the other way with all the stance fanboys buying replica wheels and mangling their fenders who can't appreciate a functional track car because "too much wheel gap" or "not enough camber".

Meh. It's whatever. People will always be close-minded no matter what it is.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:40 AM
JBF

Originally Posted by Itzcashew
You know there is this thing called depreciation. When a new model comes out the older one falls in value. You're also comparing a 90K+ sports car to a 30k+ budget minded sports car. To be fair compare a 911 to a GTR. The Z is likely to be compared to a Boxster or Cayman.

Also because the 350 is falling in value it makes them attainable for people to put out of spec wheels and camber on it. From what I've experience most stance guys like to stance out a car they can afford to beat up. You guys keep the oil pan manufacturer in business.

Reference:
NSX can be had for 20K now a days.
GTR is dipping now.
300ZX used to be 40k+
C5 Corvettes are like 15k

These mass produce cars will never hold the same collector value as a old Ferrari or Ashton. But damn it I love this car and I don't like your taste in wheels, suspension, looks, women, etc. But that makes me a hater while you're not a hater by hating on my love to keep my car functional? Hypocrite.
Clearly you decided to pick the only thing I said that got under your skin. If you read the rest of my post, I stated that I was over the whole stance scene being that I live close to a track that I can enjoy myself on.

And I never once said hater...I can't stand that word and I want to choke whoever says it.

And how am I a hypocrite? I didn't say I didn't like functional setups at all! How about you read all of my posts instead of the one sentence that has clearly gotten all of you bent out of shape. lol
Old 01-19-2012, 09:41 AM
JBF

Originally Posted by dave079
Shows how very little you know about racing.
Someone PLEASE prove me wrong then...

Until then I will doubt it.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Itzcashew

Clearly you decided to pick the only thing I said that got under your skin. If you read the rest of my post, I stated that I was over the whole stance scene being that I live close to a track that I can enjoy myself on.

And I never once said hater...I can't stand that word and I want to choke whoever says it.

And how am I a hypocrite? I didn't say I didn't like functional setups at all! How about you read all of my posts instead of the one sentence that has clearly gotten all of you bent out of shape. lol
What Im trying to say was appreciation is one thing but biased appreciation is what was going on here.

The people that don't like it they just don't like it and if you like it then fine like it. I was just assessing your one comment that had nothing to do with your argument on appreciating ones work.

And yes I did read the rest of your post but it just seems like you're out looking for a fight.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:48 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

LOL @ the guys defending their poor man's Porsche. And to the guy saying he runs circles around Porsches. Unless you're FI with a whole lot of supporting mods, I highly doubt it.
You do realize there are Porches outside of GT2's and 3's. Why do I need FI?
Old 01-19-2012, 09:54 AM
JBF

Originally Posted by dave079
So of your saying you would respect someones Z no matter how stupid of a mod just because it was done "proper".
For the style and desire of what he wanted, yes. What don't you understand about that?

Originally Posted by Itzcashew
What Im trying to say was appreciation is one thing but biased appreciation is what was going on here.

The people that don't like it they just don't like it and if you like it then fine like it. I was just assessing your one comment that had nothing to do with your argument on appreciating ones work.

And yes I did read the rest of your post but it just seems like you're out looking for a fight.
Not looking for a fight at all. I just find it funny that people are too afraid to look outside the box and realize that not everyone wants to take their car on a racetrack.

But I guess because I have been on both ends of the modding spectrum, I look at things differently.

And as others said in the thread already, "to each their own". But you won't find any of us jumping in someone's track build thread and shiitting on their Voltex wing.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:04 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not looking for a fight at all. I just find it funny that people are too afraid to look outside the box and realize that not everyone wants to take their car on a racetrack.
Fk a racetrack, can that car even go around the block? LOL.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:06 AM
JBF

Old 01-19-2012, 10:10 AM
ny garbage_juice

FinallyGotaGetTheF*ckOuttaHere
Old 01-19-2012, 10:12 AM
JBF

^ lol. Is that the best you got?
Old 01-19-2012, 10:18 AM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 01-19-2012, 10:49 AM
ny garbage_juice

^ lol. Is that the best you got?
lol your obviously a noob if thats what u think. im not trying to argue with a tasteless kid over why a car that looks broke down isnt cool.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:54 AM
JBF

Noob? Hardly. And for you to assume I am a kid is slightly amusing. Also, based off your spelling a grammar level, I'm gonna go ahead and assume you dropped out of school in the 4th grade.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:59 AM
ny garbage_juice

Noob? Hardly. And for you to assume I am a kid is slightly amusing. Also, based off your spelling a grammar level, I'm gonna go ahead and assume you dropped out of school in the 4th grade.
and ill just assume your a little herb who would get knocked the f*ck out in real life so he tries to start sh*t online.

i think im a lot closer with my assumption

everyone here thinks your a tool, its not a rumor

Quick Reply: My other other Z...