Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

2007 350z Build thread pic heavy :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 11:49 PM
Daytondakid13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 350z Build thread pic heavy :)

So the Z well ill tell you first why i picked a Z. Always have liked the Z, i think theyre styling looks good, it had a nice power output for a 3.5 v6(HR). Its a two seater which alot of people dont like but it gave me an excuse to not give people rides when they ask 10 times a week with 4 cars outside there driveway.
Back to the point so i first went a bought an audi s4 about a month before the Z. It was great, had all the options and everything, and within 2 hours timing belt broke and the heads and the car was shot. Good luck right. So after looking again and again for a new car i found this Z in Chicago and bought it. It's a white 2007 350z with 30k miles. It was the enthusiast model, and was completely stock. The guy I bought it off of was pretty cool and I got a decent deal. So less talk more seeing right...

Lol when I got it completely stock.

First mod was nismo CIA, they say most cai actually make you lose hp from the stock boxes so I went with nismo after reading it is actually one that makes you gain(very little for the money).

After that this winter I decided to free up the air flow some more, then I went with a set of non resonated berk test pipes. This was the biggest pain in the *** ever trying to install on the car.

Next I went with a headlight mod called the John mod, which I will also never do again! Lol I had to pull the bumper, get both of the headlights, bake them in the over to heat up the glue, rip them apart separate the wrong hid ballast and all the rest of the **** and then finally plasti coated and wet sanded the plastic chrome inside of the headlights. When It was done it actually came out really good an no condensation in my lights either. I can say it makes every Z look that much better IMHO.
Before

In between

After

After that I got to replacing my reflectors with clear reflectors which make me pull the bumper again and tinted the tails smoke.

As for audio replaced all the speakers inside with poineer speakers but really by happy with it I plan going most likely jl audio all around and running a small amp to power them. I also want to get a zen closure box that holds either 1-2 10 inch subs under the strut bar in the back of the z. I think it's a pretty cleaver idea and it looks really good I think. And to finish off my audio I plan on getting a double din headunit to make the Z look modern.

Then with it warming up I was looking into getting a bassini exhaust system but then one of my dads buddy's took his off his car and I bought it off him bc he gave me a deal on it. Its a top speed pro n1 basically a indivia rep. I do plan on getting a new exhaust that is a true dual hopefully this summer but for now this will do, and let me tell you this ***** is loud!! Also added the ti tips which I am going to cut if I ever get to borrowing a saw, and drill a hole in the bottom center of the exhuast so the tips will face down instead of inwards.

For now I picked up a set off black wheels. They're 19 inch xxr 522, and are wrapped in Bridgestone potenzas re750 225 in front 245 in back, stretched fitment.

Left it alone for a while and got to modding again.

So time to update the build thread since its been a while
Mods: K&N drop in fliters, Berk test pipes, Hks rep exhaust with mangaflow resonated x pipe, Cobb AP.
Suspension: Lowered on coilovers, adjustable camber arms front and rear,transgo shift kit.
Audio: iPad dash, 2 10 inch JL w6's in a zenclosure box, JL C3's all around, JL 1000/1 for the subs and JL 300/4 for the door and rear speakers and a JL audio control unit to adjust volume.
Wheels: r1 forged wheels 19x12.5 rear and 19x11.5 upfront.
Tires: On pontenza re750 265/35/19 in the rear and potenza re750 245/35/19 up front MHMM they're STRECHED!!:bandit:
Exterior: Clear reflectors, black housing painted headlights with sit-r lens, gloss black wrapped roof, shorty antenna, Apr extended wheel studs at each corner.

Pics Sorry most are of the wheels and fitment, I didn't really take pictures of the other mods.

Wheels Before PC

Wheel lips powder coated grey because the PC place chipped the chrome off the wheels in multiple spots

Wheels looked decent at the powder coat place but hated the look on the car (excuse the red lugs, had to use the extended lugs i had laying around until i got some open ended lugs)

Hated the look of the Grey Lips so went big and bought new lips all around. They are polished, 4 inch front lips and 5 inch rear.
After New Lips and Bolts

Lowwww

Fitment

DAT ***

Audio

Probably forgetting a few things but oh well
Old 09-12-2013, 04:11 AM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

Good job. Wouldn't mind seeing this car up close. I was thinking of doing of iPad dash also but decide to go mini route. Keep up the good work.