Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Bullet's Build Thread (Progress and past pics!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 11:31 PM
XM 1

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by DrummerGirl

Haha indeed.

Old 09-02-2014, 04:14 AM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Oh I thought I saw your instagram one day. Maybe not
Old 09-02-2014, 06:22 AM
DrummerGirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XM 1

Here's a pic of me in my favorite purple sweater Like I said, 100% female.

Originally Posted by Bmurray350z
Oh I thought I saw your instagram one day. Maybe not
Nah, I'm pretty sure I'm on your instagram. I donated my hair last year to locks of love so I have short hair, you might have seen my pictures at a quick glance and mistaken me due to that. It's all good.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:27 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Indeed, however I was solid on wanting the entire lip kit on my car to be carbon fiber which extreme dimensions doesn't offer for that bumper. I know most people would just get a full fiberglass front bumper and paint it black to match their CF pieces however I'm picky with that stuff and all the bottom lip pieces on my car are plain weave carbon fiber so they match nicely instead of having that black/carbon contrast.
Was just giving you a hard time. I had forgotten Shine offered the v2 with cf.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:05 PM
nextcore

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

car looks good!
great progress.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:00 PM
XM 1

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Here's a pic of me in my favorite purple sweater Like I said, 100% female.

Nah, I'm pretty sure I'm on your instagram. I donated my hair last year to locks of love so I have short hair, you might have seen my pictures at a quick glance and mistaken me due to that. It's all good.
jk
Old 09-03-2014, 07:38 PM
DrummerGirl

Originally Posted by nextcore
car looks good!
great progress.
Thanks, you've got an awesome build yourself, I've seen your car every now and then on facebook.

I just ordered up a custom steering wheel and that's gonna be here in 3 weeks. Super excited about that since my steering wheel is really messed up right now. I didn't go with the carbon fiber version (I don't think I want any CF on the interior, I wanna keep the inside simple) but I think the new wheel will do a lot for the interior.
Attached Thumbnails Bullet's Build Thread (Progress and past pics!)-screen-shot-2014-09-03-at-8.39.06-pm.png  

Last edited by DrummerGirl; 09-03-2014 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:14 AM
NOLAGG

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks, you've got an awesome build yourself, I've seen your car every now and then on facebook.

I just ordered up a custom steering wheel and that's gonna be here in 3 weeks. Super excited about that since my steering wheel is really messed up right now. I didn't go with the carbon fiber version (I don't think I want any CF on the interior, I wanna keep the inside simple) but I think the new wheel will do a lot for the interior.
Whatd that run you? ILOVE IT
Old 09-04-2014, 05:23 AM
NOLAGG

Whatd that run you? ILOVE IT
Old 09-04-2014, 07:25 PM
DrummerGirl

I got it off the ebay user "customupholstery11" just hit them up for any pricing, it depends on the options you want.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:13 PM
DrummerGirl

Alright so the date is set, I'm going to be getting my parts in around mid October, and I'm getting the AM-S (superleggera style) front fenders, sideskirts, and front bumper. I plan on custom making rear over fenders for my little project and will pick up the rear bumper I want once I'm closer to putting on the widebody setup.

If you guys want to pick up a set for yourself as well talk to the ED rep Ken on here and see what kind of a deal he can get you on this!

For now, I've still got the steering wheel on order which should be coming in two weeks and I'm ordering a set of brand new Akebono's that'll be coming in shortly as well.

Also, I received some vinyl samples of some of the colors I'm thinking about wrapping my car in. Still not sure if I love any of them yet but I've got a while before I make any decisions on that.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:25 AM
NOLAGG

Sell me the v2 bumper lol
Old 10-01-2014, 04:41 PM
DrummerGirl

Steering wheel and polished fluid caps came in today! Was really happy to see them at the door when I got home. The steering wheel is awesome, pics don't do it justice, you can tell a lot of work went into it.

Right now my main focus is finding a color I want to wrap my car in. Next updates will be the beginning of the widebody build!
Attached Thumbnails Bullet's Build Thread (Progress and past pics!)-img_3277.jpg   Bullet's Build Thread (Progress and past pics!)-img_3278.jpg  
Old 10-02-2014, 12:41 PM
Tenacious T

Just curious, why are you wrapping your car when you just had it resprayed?
Old 10-02-2014, 01:05 PM
DrummerGirl

I'm not necessarily going to be wrapping over the fresh paint. Like I had mentioned earlier, I'm getting some parts from work for letting them use my car and I'm going to be fabricating some things of my own things on the side. For now, I'm just going to be working on wrapping the parts off the car and taking my time with building the parts I want so that it all comes out really nice. When I'm actually going to put them on the car is another thing, but I'd rather just have the chance to take my time and wrap them off the car than trying to do a 2 day wrap with the parts on the car.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:21 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

ah,,,, ams i see. (

i was curious what widebody you meant in another thread.. )

the front isnt any wider, just looks that way tho. Id imagine youre aware of that tho...

If only someone would try to mold wide flares to the AMS.... who would do such a thing.. lol
Old 10-02-2014, 01:22 PM
DrummerGirl

Haha well you may be the first to do it but as I said, I am going to be fabricating some things on my own.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:33 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

which is good to hear.. i enjoy all the people recreating these cars again suddenly. Thers only like 7 or 8 of us doing truly crazy stuff to these old @ss cars still... .. most are my350 vets too.

it needs flares for sure imo... even just a little something.. z/g flare ish.. would still help a ton..
Old 10-02-2014, 01:38 PM
DrummerGirl

Ahh, you sir read my mind! I'm probably not going to mold it because I want to go for a raw machine look. I really like the Grigio silverstone so I'm trying to find a wrap in a similar color. Like I said though, for now I'm just going to be fabricating/wrapping and probably minor interior tweaks.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:21 AM
DrummerGirl

Got my sway bars yesterday!
My dad saw the box and asked what it was. When I told him he asked me if I got poly bushings and when I told him "no" (keeping in mind, he occasionally tells me to stop spending money on my car) he told me that it's useless without the poly bushings and told me to go order some

Also ordered a helmet for track events. My best friend is an artist so when I told her about my helmet she offered to do sharpie art on it. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Quick Reply: Bullet's Build Thread (Progress and past pics!)