Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

The Journey of my Top Secret Japan Mazinger Z

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 10:05 PM
Blackheart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As for the tune, I believe they will send you the ecu. Just have to pay shipping. Couldn't hurt to email and ask.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:18 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Nice looking car
Old 02-10-2014, 04:59 AM
Blackheart

Thank you!
Old 02-10-2014, 05:32 AM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Awesome write-up!
Old 02-10-2014, 08:28 AM
radiocrash

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

awesome, man!
Old 02-10-2014, 09:57 AM
Chrispy
GURU

great build thread and awesome guy!
the houston scene is a better place with guys like this and their beautiful cars
Old 02-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Blackheart

Thanks!!!

Heres the engine bay. Someone asked about the intake pipe but I accidently deleted the pm's. Hope this answers your question.

Last edited by Blackheart; 02-10-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:20 PM
Blackheart

Default Booty shots for an earlier request on my pms.

Side shot from a Distance..

Old 02-10-2014, 05:26 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

koo pics. I like the z with the nismo front tho. how does going to the nismo shop work and wat can I do there? im going to japan in a few months and would love to visit this place.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:10 PM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

TL; DR

Nice pics though
Old 02-10-2014, 06:11 PM
Blackheart

If you go to Japan, and want to visit the shop you can use this link.
The one pictured in my thread is the one at NAMAMUGI train exit.
http://www.nismo.co.jp/shop/shop/omo.../index_en.html
Nothing is needed just have your hotel and call them to see the shop's availability.
This Store is mainly a service shop for customers cars and their own shop of the Nismo racing team. Its pretty small and you will be lucky if they will do a tour of the place depending how busy they are on the day you go. Here you get to see highly modded skylines all day but you cant really inspect them and sit in them. These are customer's cars. They have some Merchandise to buy and the parts are for mainly Skylines.

Now if you want a detailed history of Nissan and the Nismo franchise, I suggest you visit the Nissan Global Headquarters. http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/COMPANY/HQ/ACCESS/

This place is HUGE! Lots to see and read about the company's history. When I went they were celebrating the Fairlady Z tradition which was pretty cool. They have concept cars, current cars, vintage cars all over the place. some you can actually sit it and examine for yourself. If you want ANYTHING Nismo has ever made, you are more likely to find it here. From Nismo carbon fiber hats, carbon fiber brief cases, lighters, to shirts, and all sorts of $hit. They have a cafeteria to grab a bite as well. You can easily spend a whole day here.

Remember there are lots of Tuner shops in Japan so Plan accordingly. Topsecret, Mines, Up-garage, Autobacs (this huge place is Down the street from the Nissan Global headquarters) RWB (Akira Nakai) and way many more.

No matter where you stay in Japan, make sure you purchase a Japan Rail Pass BEFORE you get to Japan. This Card gets you on all the trains and all accessibility. It will save you tons of $$$.
Hope this helps, if not just ask.

Last edited by Blackheart; 02-10-2014 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:54 PM
pyshin

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

My goal is to travel to Tokyo for the Summer Olympics in 2020; hopefully I get to experience some of the great things that you did. Great write-up and clean build
Old 02-10-2014, 07:21 PM
tkuntz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wild story and write up! congrats on the finished product, nice and clean!!! sorry to hear about the big man and his passing.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:09 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

One of few Z cars here in H-town that has quality built in it. One of a few long time members I know from Houston who didn't sell his Z. I've seen this car go through hell and back... glad you stuck with project Mazinger Z homie.

I'll be there at all team bash and I'll try and get the others to come too.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Blackheart

Originally Posted by pyshin
My goal is to travel to Tokyo for the Summer Olympics in 2020; hopefully I get to experience some of the great things that you did. Great write-up and clean build
Thanks man! If you ever been curious about Japan, if you Love traveling, I urge to go. I can gladly post all the pics I took on my trip for you and everyone else here, HOWEVER, IT does not do this place justice. So much to see and do and learn. If you are going for the tuning aspect, nothing can prepare you. Especially like walking into Upgarage and Autobacs and seeing 40 foot rows with JDM parts falling off the shelves, Wheels stacked wall high, Recaro, bride, etc seats everywhere! List just goes on. ITs one of the things that you have to See it to Believe it! Fuji speedway, Super GT races, Its amazing.

Now if you feel you don't know enough about Japan you can watch this guy's links. http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJapanChannelDcom/videos

He answers Questions about everything, things to see, where to go, proper etiquette, getting over the language barrier, etc.
Golden rule: Be nice and polite to everyone, Don't be loud and obnoxious, and always remember you are a GUEST in their Country. This will make your experience a whole lot better.

Originally Posted by tkuntz
Wild story and write up! congrats on the finished product, nice and clean!!! sorry to hear about the big man and his passing.
I appreciate the words. Losing a loved one is never easy, nothing helps you get thru LIFE better than Family an Friends.

Originally Posted by stogey420time
One of few Z cars here in H-town that has quality built in it. One of a few long time members I know from Houston who didn't sell his Z. I've seen this car go through hell and back... glad you stuck with project Mazinger Z homie.

I'll be there at all team bash and I'll try and get the others to come too.
Thanks Stogey! I know a lot of things changed for the old members, I just worked on this car too much to let it go. See you at the ATB!
Old 02-10-2014, 08:54 PM
350Zdj

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for sharing, OP. I too started building my Z when I got her back in 2008. Been through a lot of ups and downs too and just like you, I've got other priorities too and I cannot always keep dumping cash on the Z to be the way I want it. So good for ya you finally pulled it off.

A trip to Japan is in my bucket list and this thread inspired me even more. I really need to save up before going there though, as I'm pretty sure there's no way I'm leaving that place without buying car parts and spending on a lot of random stuff.

Love your write up, especially your Z!
Nice ebay parts (j/k)

Last edited by 350Zdj; 02-10-2014 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Blackheart

Originally Posted by 350Zdj
Thanks for sharing, OP. I too started building my Z when I got her back in 2008. Been through a lot of ups and downs too and just like you, I've got other priorities too and I cannot always keep dumping cash on the Z to be the way I want it. So good for ya you finally pulled it off.

A trip to Japan is in my bucket list and this thread inspired me even more. I really need to save up before going there though, as I'm pretty sure there's no way I'm leaving that place without buying car parts and spending on a lot of random stuff.

Love your write up, especially your Z!
Nice ebay parts (j/k)
LOL Thanks man! Build your Z and take as many Pics at every big stage in your life for the memories in the years to come. For a nice trip, you definitely need $$$ because you will do some spending. Impulsive shopping does not help lol
Old 02-10-2014, 09:14 PM
jdmlove1

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

black heart, you should do a thread about your trip to Japan and post all pix you took in the trip.

i saw tons of videos about japan. i really dream to go there, but before i go i want the country to be familiar in my imagination.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:31 AM
tkuntz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW where did you happen to find the FF strut bar by chance?
Old 02-11-2014, 04:31 AM
Blackheart

Originally Posted by jdmlove1
black heart, you should do a thread about your trip to Japan and post all pix you took in the trip.

i saw tons of videos about japan. i really dream to go there, but before i go i want the country to be familiar in my imagination.
pictures are nice and some historical sites have stood the test of time.
however I dont know if you recall when Japan was devastated by earthquakes causing tsunamis back in 2011.

it has been 3 years since then, but I don't how much things have changed since then. Maybe something's are still and same but I know some places disappeared after the disaster. I remember donating food, clothing and water at local meets to be flown and donated to Japan.

I will try to post pics sometime later this week of what I took in Japan. Just need some time im stuck busting @ss all week at work.

Quick Reply: The Journey of my Top Secret Japan Mazinger Z