Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

The Journey of my Top Secret Japan Mazinger Z

Old 02-11-2014, 04:36 AM
Blackheart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tkuntz
BTW where did you happen to find the FF strut bar by chance?
the final flag strut bar by garage doghouse...i picked it while there in Japan along with some other parts. I found it at autobacs and bought it. I had to carry it all the way back home being checked extensively at customs in Japan and here in the USA.

rarely you will find one at rhdjapan.com or here on the forums.

I will try to send you a link to the garage doghouse website once im home.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:52 AM
350Zdj

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^LOL @ customs checking your baggage thoroughly lol

Yea pls share some links.

How were you able to communicate with people while you were there? Just curious.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:38 AM
Blackheart

Originally Posted by 350Zdj
^LOL @ customs checking your baggage thoroughly lol

Yea pls share some links.

How were you able to communicate with people while you were there? Just curious.
yeah they checked everything In Japan going in and going out. They checked every pocket of my carry on's. Believe me they will find every piece of lint and crumb on you. They checked my clothes but nothing too crazy. They were polite the whole time.

when we were leaving they scanned every box thru xray and even opened some. I'm sure the guards were like "WTF?! What's with this guy and all these car parts?!"

however some came over to help speed up the process I could some of these guys were car enthusiasts, they recognized Tommy kiara logos and other parts and brands, young and old guys smiling giving me thumbs.

as far as getting around Japan its much simpler than what people described it to me. Study the train system!!!!!!! If you can figure it out in Japan you can travel anywhere in the world!!!!. When we got lost I just asked people in a calm polite manner for directions or any questions. Most of the population studies English in schools so although they may not speak it fluently as you or I, they know a fair amount. They just may not be able to pronounce things properly and with a accent but they will help. Be polite, say thank you, bow if they bow to you. If you try your Japanese, they will politely correct you, and smile in return, its a huge step on your behalf to try and learn their language, they appreciate your effort.

****MOST IMPORTANTLY*****
when you first arrive to your hotel, grab 2 or 3 business cards. Carry one in your clothes, and ALWAYS ONE in your wallet. This way if you ever get lost in Japan, just hand to a taxi cab driver, or a cop. Even people on the street are always willing to help. Just point to the address and they will take you there. Simple.
if there is a certain you would love to check out just look up its address. There are internet cyber cafes everywhere in the city. All you need is picture of the place you want to go. Just get in a cab and point to the picture. Most drivers are very well versed with the city. Just depends the distance needed to travel.
sometimes I just tell people just get lost in Japan, it makes for the most interesting adventures. We got lost a few times looking for places and came across places we would have never discovered even if we researched it.

this guy has lots of useful tips advice and recommends about Japan. Where to go eat, how to dress, how to get around, how to act, EVERYTHING!!!.

more importantly DON'T Be a DUMB@SS and in foreign country. In Japan with a 98 % conviction rate, you will be royally F*UCKED and there's nothing or no one that can save you!!!!

watch this link!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2014, 07:59 AM
Blackheart

If you are a Gamer, and love retro games this place is the one you want to check out. Vintage systems and ultra rare games can be found here, new and used. This shop is called Super Potato and its located in AKIHIBARA!!!
in this place, its a nerds heaven. They have designated toy shops, game stores, electronics, sex shops, and arcade stores - ALL in buildings from 3 stories to 9 stores, just level after level of games, toys, computer parts well EVERYTHING!!!
originally I was only schedule to be there for about 4 hours. I spent 3 days going thru this part of the city just looking at endless amounts of ultra cool $hit I wanted.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:16 AM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

howd u figure which car shops/stores to visit? I plan to check out Autobacs. ive been to Autobacs in cali and theyre a tad over priced. is it the same in japan?
Old 02-11-2014, 10:33 AM
Blackheart

Originally Posted by saywat?
howd u figure which car shops/stores to visit? I plan to check out Autobacs. ive been to Autobacs in cali and theyre a tad over priced. is it the same in japan?
well the trip was originally just gonna be me by myself since the gf at the time couldn't go, then I convinced one of my best friends to go along. We both always had a huge interest in Japan and always said we would go one day. So for years we always just looked up cool things to see in Japan. Option magazine, had been around so although I couldn't read the language, I just remembered names of the tuner shops listed. Once the internet evolved it was easier to just look up information. There were no smart phones back in high school for me. So before I took off to Japan I just planned ahead and made a schedule of places to see. I saw about 90% of what I wanted to check out. Tokyodome was closed since there were no events going on like wrestling or mma fights. we missed Sumo matches because one of my idiot friends got us on a train to the wrong place.
autobacs in my opinion is better in Japan. Simply for the fact of the availability of the products you want. So if you can't find it there you can go to the tuner shop itself and pick it up there. You have lots of rare items in Japan as well. I think autobacs in Cali closed if I'm not mistaken...good luck finding a rarity here on the forums, or in the states. The price might be slightly cheaper in Japan but it depends on the part and its availability. If its something they only made 10 of for example, its gonna be just as expensive in Japan.

just like going to London, Spain, Italy, Germany,etc in this case Japan, I found it costs money to go anywhere. Just have to look into cost of plane tickets, foods, hotels, phone calls, and how much you want to spend on yourself while there.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:39 AM
saywat?

i remember in cali Autobacs I wasn't allowed to take pics lol. same in japan Autobacs?
Old 02-11-2014, 11:01 AM
Blackheart

Well I was running around autobacs just shooting some pics sometimes while the employees saw me, they never said anything, so I guess its ok.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:33 PM
taryon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful car and great journey! Thanks for sharing, was quite fun reading through the progress
Old 02-11-2014, 12:37 PM
saywat?

Originally Posted by Blackheart
Well I was running around autobacs just shooting some pics sometimes while the employees saw me, they never said anything, so I guess its ok.
are the popular car shops ( ie mines, signal, top secret) small shops that do mainly service or do they have big parts showroom to actually buy things from if I find something I like?
Old 02-11-2014, 01:46 PM
Blackheart

Originally Posted by taryon
Beautiful car and great journey! Thanks for sharing, was quite fun reading through the progress
thanks man!
Old 02-11-2014, 01:54 PM
Blackheart

Originally Posted by saywat?
are the popular car shops ( ie mines, signal, top secret) small shops that do mainly service or do they have big parts showroom to actually buy things from if I find something I like?
most shops have a service shop and a showroom to buy things. Just depends what they make. If they have an intake decals full exhaust, etc. And if you have the $$ sure you can buy it right there
Old 02-11-2014, 02:00 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Nice parts!
Old 02-11-2014, 02:44 PM
GreyZ

Received 171 Likes on 128 Posts

The original post just screams imgur/reddit style. Haha I had to remember that Im on my350z for a bit. Very nicely done car OP
Old 02-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Blackheart

Originally Posted by KingBaby
Nice parts!
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by GreyZ
The original post just screams imgur/reddit style. Haha I had to remember that Im on my350z for a bit. Very nicely done car OP
LOL I can see how. I know a few other members here who have been through some serious $hit getting their ride done.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:32 PM
P&K350Z

Originally Posted by stogey420time
One of few Z cars here in H-town that has quality built in it. One of a few long time members I know from Houston who didn't sell his Z. I've seen this car go through hell and back... glad you stuck with project Mazinger Z homie.

I'll be there at all team bash and I'll try and get the others to come too.
+1! Excellent work on the car and this is a most inspirational thread. Thank you for sharing!
Old 02-11-2014, 07:16 PM
IcanHaz

Awesome story and a great looking car!
Old 02-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Blackheart

Originally Posted by P&K350Z
+1! Excellent work on the car and this is a most inspirational thread. Thank you for sharing!
Appreciate it! Feels good to do something Right!

Originally Posted by IcanHaz
Awesome story and a great looking car!
thanks
Old 02-11-2014, 08:40 PM
Blackheart

just to give you an idea .....
http://www.angrypandaklan.com/events...a-tokyo-japan/
Old 02-11-2014, 09:38 PM
Whiteazn2

That's funny you mentioned him cuz i just saw him at sema last nov.
I also gone to Japan in narita.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Journey of my Top Secret Japan Mazinger Z