Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

ZAttack IV - Offical Picture thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 11:03 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Later, we drove down "The Trace"... I'm sure it has a longer park name, but that is what the locals called it so that is what I called it. Didn't want to look like a tourist after all!

Adam provided some good shots earlier from the front of the pack.. figuring I could probably keep up with anyone in the group I brought up the rear. Following are the only shots I took that did not come out blurry... pretty sweet ride. Kind of reminds me of the Blue Ridge Parkway minus the huge mountains to one side and huge drop to the other...
Attached Thumbnails ZAttack IV - Offical Picture thread-trace3.jpg  
Old 04-19-2004, 11:04 AM
mcduck

and another...
Attached Thumbnails ZAttack IV - Offical Picture thread-trace1.jpg  
Old 04-19-2004, 11:05 AM
mcduck

Although we eventually ended the day at this location for a BBQ, these pics were actually taken prior to hitting "The Trace"

Mostly another excuse to get together and BS, a lot of people opted to bug out after the car show. At this point, the 350Zs clearly outnumbered earlier models...
Attached Thumbnails ZAttack IV - Offical Picture thread-bbq01.jpg  
Old 04-19-2004, 11:06 AM
mcduck

Here, the Brick chills in the shade... temperatures hit around 90 degrees over the weekend and though my engine showed no signs of getting any hotter than normal, I took any chance I could to let the motor and SC cool down...
Attached Thumbnails ZAttack IV - Offical Picture thread-bbq02.jpg  
Old 04-19-2004, 11:07 AM
mcduck

My final offering... one of my Z-trip reflection shots... no photolog I make is complete without one.

Can't wait to do this again next year!
Attached Thumbnails ZAttack IV - Offical Picture thread-bbq03.jpg  
Old 04-19-2004, 11:37 AM
BlueDragonZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definately a great weekend. Even my GF who wasn't really into cars as much had a blast. Now she's a Z nut. I'm trying to convince her to buy a SS Roadster, she's weakening......

Here's more pictures from Friday morning after we tour the Nissan plant. These pictures were taken while we were trying to do a Z with all the cars so a helicopter can take an aerial shot. That will be an awesome shot.

We also made an appearance at another car show right afer we ran The Trace before going to the BBQ but I don't think anyone took any pictures. Anyone??? It was just a good selection of different types of cars from hot rods to domestic vehicles to imports. After that we took off for the BBQ becaus I think everyone was HUNGRY. Can't wait for next year.

Oh yeah, I've got more pics and video clips if anyone want's to host them and post them for me.
Attached Thumbnails ZAttack IV - Offical Picture thread-104_0444.jpg  
Old 04-19-2004, 02:03 PM
Z CRUZN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had a blast........

at ZAttack IV in Nashville..........thanks to all for a great time, great friends, great food & great Z-talk! Special thanks to:

Adam - for my new clear reflector lamps (and for his 11th hour repair on them - thanks my friend!)

McDuck - for the kind words on your earlier post here. Again, you're Z is simply awesome!!!

Mr. Iowa (Chris) - Great talking with you and I hope you made it home safe.

Doug - Just great watching you do donuts in the street - ZOOOM!!! Ha! Thanks for everything so far.

JAG & Chris - Always great visiting with you guys....and finally got to meet Jesus - ha!

There's others I'd like to thank, but forgot their names - it was all a blur!! Gotta catch up on some sleep..........Zzzzzzzz Jack
Old 04-19-2004, 05:25 PM
zzzya

The drive was brutal by myself 11 hours, nearly as long as the Crawford Header install but so well worth the trip. Meeting the crew at Crawford as well as many other great Z owners was a trip I will always remember. These guys are laid back, ready to have fun, Z lovin wild men who know how to drive their cars. I am not used to road racing with no real tracks in my area to ever drive on, but the "trace" and some other back roads in Nashville were a lot of fun at 70-100mph. I will be honest, while a lot of fun, I was shakin in my seat hoping I wouldn't oversteer or brake at the wrong time. I knew the car could handle it all, but I wasn't so sure about myself. This event was well organized with so much to do for two days. I will definitely be looking forward to the next Z Attack V and hopefully seeing everyone there again. This was the first car show I had ever had a car in and learned a lot from some of the guys if I ever do start going to car shows. Also, it was great to see what some others had done to their cars, seeing mods in person is so much better than looking at pics online, I came back with a new wish list. Great people, incredible cars, beautiful weather and wonderful organization made this a fantastic weekend getaway.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:55 PM
mcduck

Seems I owe an apology to Chris (from Iowa)... somehow got his name mixed up with Scott whom I talked to a bunch of Friday night.

Sorry about that Chris... regardless, you are still the man for your solo install of the Crawford headers!

BTW, if someone can post Manny's videos (BlueDragonZ), get them up! He emailed me 3 of them... the screen size is small, but they're pretty good. I've seen ones of Paul (ATI SB) and my Brick doing passes and one of Doug doing donuts. Everyone needs to enjoy these!
Old 04-19-2004, 06:01 PM
JAG

Originally posted by mcduck
Seems I owe an apology to Chris (from Iowa)... somehow got his name mixed up with Scott whom I talked to a bunch of Friday night.

Sorry about that Chris... regardless, you are still the man for your solo install of the Crawford headers!

BTW, if someone can post Manny's videos (BlueDragonZ), get them up! He emailed me 3 of them... the screen size is small, but they're pretty good. I've seen ones of Paul (ATI SB) and my Brick doing passes and one of Doug doing donuts. Everyone needs to enjoy these!
Gimme about two weeks. I will have much higher res movies, with much more than that.
It's my... project.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:28 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Originally posted by JAG
Gimme about two weeks. I will have much higher res movies, with much more than that.
It's my... project.
Heh, how did my crappy cinematography turn out?

BTW mcduck, the full name of the road is the Natchez Trace.

It starts north of Columbia in TN, and runs to Natchez, MS. 444 miles.

Luckily, no cops this time!
Old 04-20-2004, 06:24 AM
randyshemin@comcast.

Thanks to all of you for your participation in Z ATTACK.

It's great to know that people think it's worthwhile to make a 800 mile trip to be with us and join in on what we do best...HAVE FUN!

Thanks to all the people who helped with the event (you know who you are!), and especially Action Nissan in Nashville and of course, Doug Stewart and Crawford Z Car Service. Action was great to work with, and as always, Doug is our club's biggest supporter.

Chris, Jack, Andy and Scott, and all the others who came from out of town, THANKS! It's great to meet you guys, put a face with a name, and see the enthusiasm you have for all things Z.

Andy, can't wait till Tail of the Dragon- I know what it's like to put one of these events on and I salute you for this undertaking and the job you are doing getting the clubs involved. I wish some of the other clubs who elected not to participate would have done otherwise, and realize that any Z event is good for the Z community, whether it is a "sanctioned" event or not. Let me know if I can help in any way from here, as I think we have about 12 coming to Fontana.

Speaking for myself, I think it is unreal what some of you have done to your cars! I am envious in some ways, and curious in others as too how far this modding thing will go. I wish I could get funding to do a few things to my old Z , but have trouble getting appropriations from the KITCHEN TABLE BUDGET COMMITTEE (my wife). You guys have done a super job with your cars, and frankly, some of them are so "over the top", it's unbelievable. Don't stop!

Anyway...

The success of Z ATTACK and our club is attributable to only two things-
the cars and the people who love them!
Old 04-20-2004, 06:57 AM
zcar690

Thumbs up

I just want to say thanks to Randy, Doug and all of the members of the Middle Tennessee Z Club for putting on a great show! Alisa and I had a really good time. I was really surprised at the number of cars that participated in the show and I have never seen so many 350z's in one spot before. What an incredible machine..I just have to have one, although I am not willing to give up my z32.

We are already making room in the garage! My plan is to have one before the next Z Attack. We just have to agree on a color...wish me luck on that one!

Andy, We won't be able to make the Zdayz event but wish you the best of luck and be sure to post some pictures. We do plan to make the Traingle Z Club show in June, I hope to see you all there.

Scott
Georgia Z Club
Old 04-20-2004, 11:24 AM
JAMESZ

I must say thanks to everyone for putting on the show. I know it takes lots of work and effort and I am very thankful for that. Even though I could only attend the show it was a blast. And I also must say I am somewhat envious of you 350Z guys maybe its because there are so many of you. I will have a 350Z soon enough and so will my parents but Ill never get rid of my Z31 Turbo . Thanks for the show I look forward to many more.

Errr and I'll get the pics on here sometime and JAG Ill send them to you too when I get the pics off the other computer.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:46 AM
whosdady

Let me just say I was impressed from the moment I arrived. The hospitality and overall friendliness was different from any other meet I had been to. The crew from TN seemed eager to help fellow Z owners and knew exactly what they were doing.

When I arrived Doug (at Crawford Z) had a hose, soap and towels ready for those that needed to wash their cars. Dinner and drinks were provided and then the craziness begun. What a night. I will let others expound on that.... Needless to say I was at Crawford Z (the meet location) the following morning, where I saw in the street reminisces of a 60ft burnout made most likely by Mcduck.

A big thanks to the whole middle TN club for a great weekend. Especially Doug and Randy, as I know they put a lot of time and effort into making it fun for all.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:09 AM
Z33Concept

SEEMS LIKE A NICE EVENT NEXT YEAR I WILL JOIN YALL and the crew
Old 04-21-2004, 11:52 AM
mcduck

where I saw in the street reminisces of a 60ft burnout made most likely by Mcduck.
Hmm.. that seems kind of short... CAN WE GET A MEASUREMENT OVER HERE???
Old 04-21-2004, 03:00 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

I think there was a small block Chevy powered Z laying down some long rubber, too
Old 04-21-2004, 04:17 PM
JAG

Originally posted by mcduck
Hmm.. that seems kind of short... CAN WE GET A MEASUREMENT OVER HERE???
Our yellow "60ft" line (that I dubbed it) was only about the halfway point of your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear burnout.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:41 PM
randyshemin@comcast.

The six inch stripes are from my Sentra!

Quick Reply: ZAttack IV - Offical Picture thread