Notices

Friday night meet at San Antonio raceway in Marion

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 01:43 PM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ravensaxe
Phil I think theyare actually going to race their cars, you sure your gonna go?

Haha! Your funny. I dont need to race on a track to know my car is fast.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:44 PM
sfarrah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by solidsnake
Haha! Your funny. I dont need to race on a track to know my car is fast.
give me the keys, I'll run it down the strip for you!
Old 03-15-2007, 02:36 PM
ravensaxe

Sean I am about to be rolling on the same wheels as you coming a month or so away, what tires are you running?
Old 03-15-2007, 03:46 PM
priscilla ls1

Also nobody has to race there car if they don't want to or there car is not ready. This is just a meet and racing is optional.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:45 PM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by priscilla ls1
Also nobody has to race there car if they don't want to or there car is not ready. This is just a meet and racing is optional.

My car is ready but Im just not a fan of the track. Sean is the track queen. Im a street devil. Illegal racing FTW!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 05:43 PM
priscilla ls1

Originally Posted by solidsnake
My car is ready but Im just not a fan of the track. Sean is the track queen. Im a street devil. Illegal racing FTW!!!

Tell me I did not just hear that. Well if you car is ready why not?
Old 03-16-2007, 10:11 AM
ravensaxe

B/c he runs worse time in his turbo than I do in my stock!
Old 03-16-2007, 10:23 AM
sfarrah

Sean I am about to be rolling on the same wheels as you coming a month or so away, what tires are you running?
Which wheels? I have 3 sets of them! If you're talking about the 19inch Sports Engines I have 275 Bridegestone re050's out back and 245 Ventus Sport K104's up front. You grabbing them from SPL? I noticed they had a few sets in stock last time I was up at the shop.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:27 AM
ravensaxe

Yeah I'm getting the 19 sport engines from SPL, I got my intake, sway bars, and brakes from there last month, and just leased Kauh an apartment. Are you coming up this sunday for the AutoX event? I think I can learn a few things about driving from you lol. I'm getting the wheels in like a month and then if I really get into autoX I will get some 17inch fno1rc for the track, or I can buy yours if you dont want them And your SPL intake tube, can't find a used one ANYWHERE!
Old 03-16-2007, 10:36 AM
sfarrah

Yeah I'm getting the 19 sport engines from SPL, I got my intake, sway bars, and brakes from there last month, and just leased Kauh an apartment. Are you coming up this sunday for the AutoX event? I think I can learn a few things about driving from you lol. I'm getting the wheels in like a month and then if I really get into autoX I will get some 17inch fno1rc for the track, or I can buy yours if you dont want them And your SPL intake tube, can't find a used one ANYWHERE!
No plans to hit the autox event. I haven't been to one in years except for the one I did last summer at ZCON. There are usually too many cars for too little driving time. Come on out to TWS or MSR sometime-that's where the real fun is!
I might be selling at least 2 of the fn's sometime soon and getting a set of 17x10's for the rear that will fit both the z32 and the z33. If you're looking for strictly track wheels I might be able to sell the 17x9.5 gn+'s if you're interested. They've got some brake dust caked on them but if they're just track wheels so who cares right? If I ever change up my intake setup I'll be sure to let you know.
What brakes did you buy? Did you get some Stoptechs?
Old 03-16-2007, 10:41 AM
ravensaxe

I just got the stoptech slotted calipers and Hawk APS brakepads, no need for a bbk when I have never tracked and only have intake, exhaust, and sways. If I get into roadcourse or go turbo than I would, otherwise I can find other stuff to spend 4k on. I also have to buy an engagement ring sometime soon. are the gn+s the 6 spoke and how much?
Old 03-16-2007, 11:21 AM
sfarrah

I just got the stoptech slotted calipers and Hawk APS brakepads, no need for a bbk when I have never tracked and only have intake, exhaust, and sways. If I get into roadcourse or go turbo than I would, otherwise I can find other stuff to spend 4k on. I also have to buy an engagement ring sometime soon. are the gn+s the 6 spoke and how much?
Yeah, the engagement ring always hurts the wallet. Let me know when you're ready to hit the road course-you'll be hooked in no time. The GN+'s are the 6 spokes(kinda look like SSR Comps). Not sure what to sell them for-check them out next time you're at SPL and let me know what you think. I might sell them once I burn the Toyo ra-1's off of them.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:31 AM
watson22

hey, I'm new here, i would go, but I am out of town that day. maybe for the next one. Mine completly stock for now, so no track for me.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:37 AM
sfarrah

Originally Posted by watson22
hey, I'm new here, i would go, but I am out of town that day. maybe for the next one. Mine completly stock for now, so no track for me.
Now is the best time to get your first track/strip experience under your belt. Then you can guage how your modifications help as you go, assuming you plan to mod your car in the future.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:41 AM
ravensaxe

Where are the road courses you goto? any near austin?
Old 03-16-2007, 11:41 AM
watson22

Originally Posted by sfarrah
Now is the best time to get your first track/strip experience under your belt. Then you can guage how your modifications help as you go, assuming you plan to mod your car in the future.
That's a good point. I do plan a few mods in the future and I'm sure eventually I will go more heavily modded. I have no track experience at all and really this is my first sports car. I've always had 4x4's and the closet thing I had to a sports car was an x-runner. I've been really interested in meeting other Z owners and learning from the about how and what to do to this car.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:43 AM
ravensaxe

czot.org
we meet every last monday of the month at fudruckers on I35 & 290. Do you live north or south of Austin?
Old 03-16-2007, 11:50 AM
sfarrah

Originally Posted by watson22
That's a good point. I do plan a few mods in the future and I'm sure eventually I will go more heavily modded. I have no track experience at all and really this is my first sports car. I've always had 4x4's and the closet thing I had to a sports car was an x-runner. I've been really interested in meeting other Z owners and learning from the about how and what to do to this car.
Now is the best time to get used to the car then. Modding the crap out of it and then trying to learn how to drive an animal is that much harder. Start tracking it now and learn what needs to be modded as you progress as a driver. There is no substitute for seat time.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:52 AM
watson22

czot.org
we meet every last monday of the month at fudruckers on I35 & 290. Do you live north or south of Austin?
I live south of Austin in Kyle.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:53 AM
sfarrah

Where are the road courses you goto? any near austin?
Closest is Texas World Speedway in College Station. Next would be Motorsports Ranch in Cresson(south west of Ft Worth) and there's one south of Houston also. Texas Motor Speedway is in Dallas/Ft Worth but track events there are pretty rare. I've also been to Hallett, OK, but that was a 9 hour drive. Eagles Canyon should be completed within a couple months and that is in Denton. A track is supposed to open in San Marcos in the next year or so, but it's in the very early stages right now.

Quick Reply: Friday night meet at San Antonio raceway in Marion