Notices

Benefit for Chad Jones (a friend of mine)-- 6/20/2009

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 03:15 PM
cow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Benefit for Chad Jones (a friend of mine)-- 6/20/2009

Chad, a personal friend of mine from our days as Civic Si owners, was involved in an unfortunate motorcycle accident early Sunday morning & has been in a coma since (news story/ Houston Imports thread).

F.I.S.T. Racing & Secret Services Auto are hosting a benefit 6/20/2009 to raise money to donate to Chad's family for medical bills.

Donations are also being accepted via paypal at ChadMod@fist-racing.com

100% of money raised will be donated to the Jones family.

Please come out & show your support to a fellow enthusiast & thank you for your support.

I've posted this on a few sites as every bit helps. I hope to see some of you there. I'll be the guy with Louisiana plates.

-- Jonathan

Last edited by cow; 06-11-2009 at 05:05 AM. Reason: changed flyer
Old 06-10-2009, 03:30 PM
nuckinfutz74

I can't make it, thats Father's day weekend, but I will send a donation.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:35 PM
cow

Originally Posted by nuckinfutz74
I can't make it, thats Father's day weekend, but I will send a donation.
Thanks man. That's very much appreciated.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Might be hard to get some Z Owner's as the Texas Z Party is that weekend. Good luck though and wish the best for Chad & his family!
Old 06-10-2009, 07:00 PM
cow

I figured as much, but thought it was worth a shot. This get together was thrown together pretty hastily (for obvious reasons).

You guys have fun-- I'd much rather be hanging out there.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:02 PM
cow

bump
Old 06-11-2009, 07:26 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

I'll put this up on my FX forums and see if some of the Houston guys are interested.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:38 PM
cow

Thank you very much! He's showing some signs of recovery. He's still in a coma, but he's taking about half his breaths on his own.

According to the doctor, normal brain activity is about a level 15. When he was first checked in, he was a 3, but has now moved up to level 5 (as of this morning). The numbers seem arbitrary to me, but it sounds good.

I'm going see him for the first time tomorrow-- I live about five hours away. I'm pretty nervous, as hospitals tend to freak me out a bit.

I'll update the thread with his condition for anyone who may care.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:39 PM
cow

I just received a call from Ian (mutual friend-- Chad's lifelong best friend). Chad's been declared clinically brain dead & as such, the end is a matter of time. They're giving him 24 hours. His organs are being donated.

All of that was pretty hard to type.

Donations to his family are still being accepted (& are encouraged).

Thank you to everyone who's kept Chad in your minds. His friends & family very much appreciate the concern, prayers, & well wishes.

It will be a difficult time for the Jones family & the continued support won't help ease their pain, but will at least be remembered.

RIP Chad.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:54 PM
cow

http://chadmod.net

I’m very sorry to say that our beloved Chad Jones is departing from this earth to be in a better place, to be with God. His injuries were too extensive and severe and despite the many prayers and well-wishing this is one obstacle he just couldn’t overcome. My thoughts and prayers are with his family at this time and with everything that I am I pray that they are granted the strength to pull through this situation and are able to be at peace. My love goes to Chad and his family, we will all miss you buddy, you were a dear friend with a pure soul, and an awesome character providing none stop laughs and insightful information and advice regardless of what was going on. In this day and age a lot of things are taken for granted, the simplest everyday interactions with our fellow man that we overlook due to the hustle and bustle lifestyle we are all growing accustomed to. Unfortunately it takes an event such as this that hits so close to home to blindside us with reality and the truth that we don’t live forever, so I ask to anyone reading this, be a little more open to the world and don’t shut yourself in. Go out and meet people, make friends, share memories, LIVE your life to the utmost extent possible and remember that everyday is a gift, a blessing, a miracle, because you never know when you’ll take your own final run to God…. This is Josh saying be safe and I wish everyone the best..

This site is in loving memory, and celebrating the life of Chad Jones…

Just Go…..