Notices

Dec 20th, 2009 : Drag Race at Dallas Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 04:13 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by zrzly?
Yeah that's me, had some family matters come up so we had to duck out, you manage to get home safe yesterday?
Ah, sorry to hear. I was actually going to ask you for a favor while you were just spectating, but Stu was able to help me out yesterday by taking me to AutoZone. When I returned to the track you and your friends had left already. Nice meeting you guys. Next time you guys can pay for my track cost.
Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
I was actually looking at the second pic......My fastest of the day was actually 107.8X...can't remember exactly. I was actually trapping 107 in -100' DA a few weeks prior. It seems like a couple of factors were working against you. The stock flywheel might be the way to go. Are your tracks open year round by you?
Really? Damn, I didn't realize your car was putting down that much power (ignoring dyno numbers). I know you have a lot of the bolt-ons but damn I'm jealous. Who tuned your car?

And yeah, it seems that my car has been having issues left and right recently. The last 2 problems weren't even caused by me, which makes things worse. Oh well, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, right?

BTW, how are you launching with your lightweight flywheel? I noticed that I couldn't get it to stop bogging no matter where I launched (didn't try 6, but I expect similar results). I would think slipping the hell out of the clutch is the most logical solution now, but slipping a 6 puck clutch isn't as easy as slipping a full face organic one especially since my car pretty much launches N/A (read:not much power) and then starts spraying after the launch.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:11 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

It seems to be far more dependent on weather, track prep, etc than with a full weight flywheel. I can launch anywhere from 4200-5000 depending on the above variables. I know you lived in the mid-a for a while.....you know how the various tracks are all very different. There is just a razor thin margin b/w bogging and lighting the tires up. It usually takes me 2-3 pulls before I can get it right at any given weekend.

Dave at Function:Tuned did the tune. My car seems to make 20-30whp more than most of the other 03-06's I have seen tuned there (bolt-ons). I am going to make a few more attempts at 12's, but I plan to transition the car to more hpde/time attack racing after early spring. I have done any in a few years and miss it. Unfortunately it will like cause my 1/4 to drop off some.....give and take I suppose.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:49 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

03threefiftyz,

How do yo like that Tuned / Osiris ?

Can you tell me what you like & dislike about it ?

I'm going to get one this spring.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:16 PM
ZSpeedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
I was actually looking at the second pic......My fastest of the day was actually 107.8X...can't remember exactly. I was actually trapping 107 in -100' DA a few weeks prior. It seems like a couple of factors were working against you. The stock flywheel might be the way to go. Are your tracks open year round by you?

I hear there is a awesome new flywheel out by Southbend clutch that would do wonders for drag racing
Old 12-22-2009, 05:38 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by CuztompartZ
I hear there is a awesome new flywheel out by Southbend clutch that would do wonders for drag racing
Actually southbend is it at the top of the list if I stay with a drag oriented set-up. I am thinking of switching focuses and might just replace the disk in my slipping OS.

03threefiftyz,

How do yo like that Tuned / Osiris ?

Can you tell me what you like & dislike about it ?

I'm going to get one this spring.
So far, no disadvantages that I have found. My car runs a 80mm maf set-up which requires at a minimum a reflash. I saw solid 6-8whp gains with my first tune. Truth be told, I never take it off performance map because I still get 28-29mpg on the highway. I don't DD the car (it only has 500 miles on it since the 1st week of Nov). We have already had three snowstorms in the past 3 weeks here, and it is still on dr's.......the lazy factor has kept me from swapping the other wheels back on.