Notices

EVENT #1 VQ AutoCross Championship @ Pennington Field 2/27/11

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011 | 04:33 PM
SmokersMagee

After much research, I'm pretty sure the track will look like this.

And yes, you have to order a #2 without onions.

Old 02-27-2011 | 01:43 PM
ezpotato

So I got a chance to go to the first VQ Championship event of the year, run by mr. Gavin himself. (Gword)
PPat and Acidjake

Old 02-27-2011 | 03:23 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z
Premier Member

Originally Posted by ezpotato
So I got a chance to go to the first VQ Championship event of the year, run by mr. Gavin himself. (Gword)
PPat and Acidjake
What the Hell am I .... chopped liver ? Lol

Here is my last & fastest run of the day. 44.280
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2USm1i5d2A

I like how they said I just nudged out Adam....but in a different class.

Thanks to Pat, Michelle, & Jody for coming out and giving us some great support and well needed company out there.

Last edited by fithamoto; 02-27-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-27-2011 | 04:32 PM
GWord256

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZzs99QOaZk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjODm6TlUWU
Old 02-27-2011 | 05:32 PM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z
Premier Member

Awesome vids! My best time was a 44.6 I think.. I had a blast...I needed that so bad..been WAY too long..

Mad impressed with Chris's skills and how he has come along. Everyone there did awesome! That other Z did great. Look forward to next month fellas.. mineral wells is QUITE a bigger course.. get ready fellas..

EZ - thanks for coming out. Patrick - always a pleasure..Jody - thanks for the diet cokes...you better believe I had a drink when I got home..
Old 02-27-2011 | 05:56 PM
SmokersMagee

Yep good times as usual. Cody (silver z) did freaken awesome..He beat Gavin's best time

My best was 44.8 (Damn you Chris!! Damn you!!!!)
Old 02-27-2011 | 07:30 PM
BeerViper

Well guys, sad I couldn't make the first VQ Championship autox but I am looking forward to the next one! I hopefully have my check engine light codes figured out.

Next step is to get my new Kinetix front camber arms installed, adjust my suspension UP about 1/2" so I actually have some travel from my shocks and then get that beetch aligned and I'm ready to rock and roll!

Glad to see so many peeps showed up for this!
Old 02-28-2011 | 05:11 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z
Premier Member

Damn you Gavin ! Better times & better video/angles.

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
Awesome vids! My best time was a 44.6 I think.. I had a blast...I needed that so bad..been WAY too long..

Mad impressed with Chris's skills and how he has come along. Everyone there did awesome! That other Z did great. Look forward to next month fellas.. mineral wells is QUITE a bigger course.. get ready fellas..

EZ - thanks for coming out. Patrick - always a pleasure..Jody - thanks for the diet cokes...you better believe I had a drink when I got home..

Jake I'm glad you got to get out finally also....especially after you sent that text in the AM that you were over heated !!!!

Originally Posted by SmokersMagee
Yep good times as usual. Cody (silver z) did freaken awesome..He beat Gavin's best time

My best was 44.8 (Damn you Chris!! Damn you!!!!)
Lol !

Just barely squeezed by you Adam. Still good driving from all indeed.
Cody did awesome...but I give him a handicapp against us because he did have those Hankook RS3's that I want. but still why good driving Cody !

Originally Posted by BeerViper
Well guys, sad I couldn't make the first VQ Championship autox but I am looking forward to the next one! I hopefully have my check engine light codes figured out.

Next step is to get my new Kinetix front camber arms installed, adjust my suspension UP about 1/2" so I actually have some travel from my shocks and then get that beetch aligned and I'm ready to rock and roll!

Glad to see so many peeps showed up for this!
Hope to see you out there for the next ones.
Old 02-28-2011 | 07:34 AM
ezpotato

gword, those external vids look sick!
Old 02-28-2011 | 07:45 AM
jrj512

Originally Posted by fithamoto
I like how they said I just nudged out Adam....but in a different class.
Heh heh. I wondered if you caught that.
Old 02-28-2011 | 12:43 PM
Clam

Thanks everybody for an awesome event, it was fun meeting everyone. I had a blast driving through the course.

Originally Posted by SmokersMagee
I guess I got lucky on my last run, but Gavin would have beat me if he had a clean run

Cody did awesome...but I give him a handicapp against us because he did have those Hankook RS3's that I want. but still why good driving Cody !
I guess my first 3 runs in the morning can be considered a handicap. The RS3's were cold the entire time, and I was sliding all over the place

I'll try to make every other event or so, as the 4.5 hour drive was quite a challenge.
Old 02-28-2011 | 12:53 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z
Premier Member

Originally Posted by jrj512
Heh heh. I wondered if you caught that.
Yeah....I did get to hear that part and it recorded well on the video also.

Thanks...it was a fun day....except for that open wheeled car that the rear tire came off on ! Yikes ! I'm glad no body got hurt.

Originally Posted by Clam
Thanks everybody for an awesome event, it was fun meeting everyone. I had a blast driving through the course.

I guess I got lucky on my last run, but Gavin would have beat me if he had a clean run

I guess my first 3 runs in the morning can be considered a handicap. The RS3's were cold the entire time, and I was sliding all over the place

I'll try to make every other event or so, as the 4.5 hour drive was quite a challenge.
Cody....both you & Gavin must have Handicapps for the next one. Or we get to pepper spray your eyeballs before you drive.

It was nice to hang with you...hopefully next time, we get the same heats so we can talk during the off heat.
Attached Thumbnails EVENT #1 VQ AutoCross Championship @ Pennington Field 2/27/11-350z_04.jpg  

Last edited by fithamoto; 02-28-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-28-2011 | 03:34 PM
GWord256

Originally Posted by Clam

I've a spare bed and bath you'd be welcome to use. I'm about an hour away from any event in the area here in Cleburne. Just a thought. I haven't timed my good run on the viedo yet. Did they post times on the web page?
Old 02-28-2011 | 03:36 PM
GWord256

Oh crap they did post them already.

http://www.autocross.com/er/equipera...ndex.php?id=89
Old 02-28-2011 | 03:51 PM
GWord256

VQ Results
Attached Thumbnails EVENT #1 VQ AutoCross Championship @ Pennington Field 2/27/11-autocross-022711-001.jpg  
Old 02-28-2011 | 04:01 PM
GWord256

Just as I figured I got a 42.434 on my robbed run. I wonder if I can submit video evidence to change my time!
Old 02-28-2011 | 04:15 PM
GWord256

From my last run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koEGYU2Wn3s

If anyone want to split in the tire cam with the cabin shot I can give you the raw video.

Last edited by GWord256; 02-28-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-28-2011 | 07:23 PM
Clam

Cody....both you & Gavin must have Handicapps for the next one. Or we get to pepper spray your eyeballs before you drive.

It was nice to hang with you...hopefully next time, we get the same heats so we can talk during the off heat.
Same here, it was nice meeting you Chris

For a handicap, I could probably show up in my DD wheels, 275 all-season tires should do the trick.

Originally Posted by GWord256
I've a spare bed and bath you'd be welcome to use. I'm about an hour away from any event in the area here in Cleburne. Just a thought. I haven't timed my good run on the viedo yet. Did they post times on the web page?
Thanks for the hospitality Gavin, I'll keep that in mind for the next event I attend.
Old 03-01-2011 | 04:20 PM
GWord256

How did you guys enjoy that event with Equipe Rapide? I've one more event with them penciled in with them (see June 26) but if noone wants to go I'll do some rescheduling.

Cody, that's what your probably used to if you run with SCCA a lot but this is the first time we've ran, as a group, with a club that follows typical SCCA format.
Old 03-01-2011 | 05:45 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z
Premier Member

My first impression was I thought we'd be done by 2pm or 3pm because of the heats & driving organization....but it was probably longer because of the Griding for the 5 minute period.....with no lunch break ! So this means that we would all have start packing a lunch to bring out on the working Heats ???

I'm not too sure about this format of running 1 Lap then waiting for 5-15 or 20 minutes before you run again. What's with that ???? What is the reason for it ? SCCA rules BS.

As far as the Rapid Pax thing ???? IDK I have no idea what all those times mean to me plus or minus the equation they used....but I like that I have a better time overall after the stuff is done.

I guess my overall impression with this chapter is ??? WTF ???
Whatever....if we are out there to have fun and drive then who cares ?

Thanks Gavin for organizing the event for our first TX DFW VQ AutoX Championship- I will get a hold of a Treasurer box for the cash and will offer myself to be Treasurer of the club.

Quick Reply: EVENT #1 VQ AutoCross Championship @ Pennington Field 2/27/11