Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

The Spring Break AAM Track day

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 09:53 PM
aron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm bailing...got the weekend off from work, been very busy, weather just isnt doing it for me and I need some rest, sorry guys..
Old 03-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Sins4u33

well its slowly getting down to a 50 50 chance...im gunna call MIR tom in the morning and find out...ill post as soon as i find out whats going on. if not i guess we could always hit up Dave and Busters and get really smashed and play video games well im hoping the track will be open if not...who wants to close down some streets? hehehe well i hope the track is open....just installed some test pipes tonight...its been a very long night from swapping them from another 350z to mine....Juan will tell you all about it well ill talk to you all in a few hrs...its 230 and i gotta wake up in 5 and half hours....hmmmm....

Thanks,
Ben Y
AAM
Old 03-04-2005, 10:46 PM
stillnz

hey guys, i dont think it looks good, im bailing 2.. im still down for dinner or something...but the track doesnt look good.. especially since its an hour away.. they will probably get more than us....anyways spring will be herre soon! I hope.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:49 PM
stillnz

If not the track...i still think that weather around here willl be okay...so i m down for anything(allowing the weather) to go for dinner.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:40 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, just got finished practicing burn-outs in a nearby parking lot, so I'm ready to go, but I think we're gonna get shut down tomorrow. Oh well...Spring will soon be here.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:53 PM
kamikaZ
3FIFTYZ

Wow I want to go but I couldnt even drive my car back tonight so I will have to walk and get it in the morning. =/...I will check this post at 7 and hopefully see people at 8ish
Old 03-05-2005, 02:17 AM
Sins4u33

Originally posted by kcobean
Well, just got finished practicing burn-outs in a nearby parking lot, so I'm ready to go, but I think we're gonna get shut down tomorrow. Oh well...Spring will soon be here.
hahahaha kelly...you seem to surprise me everytime with something new in the wonderfull world of kelly cobean....sounds like a good idea...i guess you itching for that switch now aren't you ill show you hopefully soon if the weather permits. and yes...i didnt not get one second, minute, hour of sleep last night....i was fighting the clock and eventually it beat me... im gunna be sooo zoned...definatley picking up donuts though for everyone if were still on.

Jarret wtf did u do now? let me guess....too wasted to drive the car back huh? good choice on not drinking and driving if you did. Dont need to put the Z or yourself in that situation. Hope to see everyone soon.

oooh btw guys i was watching the doplar radar in motion today...looks like there is some overcast but most likely its going to go right around the DC area. and hopefully the MIR area

Ben Y
AAM
Old 03-05-2005, 03:20 AM
Sins4u33

WAHOO! just got off the phone with the MIR hotline! the meet is definatley still on, MIR is open and the weather outside is opening up, the sun light is pouring in and the weather is rising...should be an awsome day at the track guys. hope to see everyone at springfield around 8-830. If your going to be late and dont want us to leave without you please call my cell phone at 571-594-3595 and let me know so we can stick around for a bit longer. again hope to see you all there, bring the cameras and video cameras....remember i need video footage i should be running around taking alot of videos and pics of the cars. Dont forget to fill up to a half a tank before we go guys, by the time u get there u should be around a 1/4 or more, which is pretty good for racing conditions. Anywayz see you guys in an hour or so.

Ben Y
AAM
Old 03-05-2005, 06:24 AM
bobby anderson

Look like MIR will be close to day. Hope to see you at future event. G35
Old 03-05-2005, 07:14 AM
gspot35

Is anyone interested in going to the World of Wheels in DC?
Old 03-05-2005, 07:19 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got off the phone with Ben a few minutes ago....Track CLOSED!!!! Said they're supposed to be open tomorrow though...What do you guys think?
Old 03-05-2005, 07:25 AM
gspot35

I'm down to go tomorrow...sorry to hear guys drove there for MIR to close the track. If there are any doughnuts left over I propose we save them for tomorrow.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:28 AM
kamikaZ
3FIFTYZ

ya never even found u guys...o well it was a nice day for a drive. I just wanted to cruised didnt feel like goin to D&B but im down for meetin up tom.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:57 AM
jester7500

Well, good news was that the weather cooperated, sure it was a little cold in the morning, but no rain or snow whatsoever. Today proves the point that you can't believe our local weatherman. Bad news, once we got to MIR, it was closed. We talked to one of the workers there and they said it was too cold to open the track. But you know what, we made the most of our time there at MIR, specifically their 3-lane, 1/4 mile entrance . Ben, I can't wait to see the footage you took. It was fun guys, I'll see ya next time.

Oh. for anyone who's interested, MIR will be open tomorrow. It will be Street Car Day, and only $15!
Old 03-05-2005, 12:33 PM
Sins4u33

im going to the track tom definatley weather is suppose to be B-E-A-UTIFULL....if anyone wants to come your more than welcome same place at around 9ish..hopefully get to mir by 10 to get staged and inspected. 15$ man cant pass it up i really want to run my car if any of you noticed haha i should have a few 350z i know of coming that didnt come today i beleive...but im down for tracking and i cant wait to see what she does.....that is if she will catch traction but who knows, let me know though if your are coming so i can have a rough estimate of how many people would be coming, today was a decent turn out, i had a blast though, thanks everyone for coming out and being so compliant about the track being closed..im really sorry about that but when me and rob called they said it was open...they really need to do something about that...cause people are driving hrs away....ughhh whatever...im glad though everyone had fun at our own drag strip ill get the videos compiled and make a short clip of todays event. any recomendations on music in the background of the videos...i always turn the music down so u can hear the cars dont worry

Thanks,
Ben Y
AAM
Old 03-05-2005, 12:49 PM
stillnz

Well guys, Im down for tommorrow, Im sorry you guys went the whole way there and it was closed anyways sounds like it was fun anyways... I m definetly in for tommorrow, Ill see you guys at nine...what time do you think we will be done?
Old 03-05-2005, 02:28 PM
350zWarz

i think i might try and meet up with you guys on sun, 9 am at 6715 commerce st right?
Old 03-05-2005, 05:34 PM
Solrac

Ill try to be there tomorrow morning!! We'll see! I wanna go track for my first time!
Old 03-06-2005, 01:21 AM
Sins4u33

hope to see you all there im still down for the track, i might be alittle late to commerce st but stick around and give my cell phone a call whenever you get there. Ive been soo short on sleep, but call my cell and let me know whenever. Cant wait to run guys, i really want to get a few runs in, and btw the video footage from today was awsome! hope to get some even better footage tom, hope to see you all there guys!

Ben Y
AAM
Old 03-06-2005, 02:55 PM
gspot35

Props to everyone who came out and ran. Sorry about Ben's plenum, I'm sure he'll fill everyone in. I had a blast hanging with you guys and getting our cars on the track. I ended up making it to the 5th round, then lost to a 70's Cobra. The guy in the DB Z went pretty far. Anyway, can't wait until the next time, I WILL have some better shoes.

Craig
gspot35

Quick Reply: The Spring Break AAM Track day