Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

The Capital 350Z/G35 Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 11:30 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow The Capital 350Z/G35 Club

The 350Z and the G35 have now been on the market long enough to gain a substantial following. Here in the mid-A, this is apparent in the huge turn-out at things like the annual Evolution Spring Meet and in the number of small, impromptu meets.

This being the case, I wanted to poll all of you to find out what your thoughts are on the formation of a formal, non-profit club here in the region. Affiliation with a car club is lots of fun, comes with member benefits, participation in organized activities, and general pride in something that you're a part of and hopefully helped make succeed.

What do car clubs do? While some of you have been in a car club before, many may not know the vast array of activities that car-clubs sponsor, support or participate in. Here are just a few things that a 350z/G35 car club may be involved in:

1. High performance driving schools/events at road-courses or drag-strips.
2. Local car shows to support charities or other organizations.
3. Car clinics or tech-sessions
4. Group Drives, fun-runs, time-runs, and hunts
5. Monthly club gatherings
6. Sponsoring or support of national events like ZDayz at the Tail of the Dragon

What do I get out of being in a car club? Most car clubs have modest annual membership fees. These fees go to the club for supporting the operational costs (it is a non-profit organization after all) of holding events, paying for services, etc. So besides getting to do cool car stuff, what do you get out of being in a car club?

Well, without making any definitive statements about what benefits being in a club that doesn't yet exist would have, the clubs I've been in in the past have offered some of the following things:

1. Discounts for services at dealerships, service shops, etc.
2. Club T-shirts/hats and other accessories and apparel.
3. Discounted lawyer services to handle traffic related incidents.

There are other things that a club could pursue upon recommendation from its' members. That's the beauty of a car club is that everyone has a voice to make the club better.

This all sounds great, but who makes a car-club run? GREAT question! The answer is of course that car-clubs run on volunteers, just like you. If you have a spare hour or two a week, there is something you could do to make a local car club a big success. If being not just a member, but a contributor to forming and running a car club is of interest to you....AWESOME!

So if you've made it this far, do the following:

1. Post here or send me a PM with any feedback or ideas you have. Car clubs take just a few enthusiastic, energetic people to get them started and keep them running. Maybe you just want to enjoy the fun of being in a car club. That's cool too, but you have to let somebody know you're interested.

2. Go to www.capital350zclub.com or www.capitalg35club.com and register in the forum area. If a Capital Region 350Z/G35 club becomes a reality, this website could likely be the "Internet Face" of the club. If you want access to do things like post pictures of your car in the gallery area, take polls, submit stories for the front page, etc., then register on the front page of the site as well.

3. Make recommendations...Lots of them. Clubs tend to be very democratic groups, so speak your mind!

What happens next? Car clubs need a few key members to act on behalf of the club. If we can get those few people (and hopefully more!), we can go through the process of obtaining non-profit organization status, establishing a dues schedule, choosing a LOGO (If you're an artist, here's your chance to contribute!), picking a meeting place and schedule, etc.

I've met a LOT of you guys around the area, and I think it would be really fun to have a car club with you guys. I hope this is something that people want to make a reality.

Regards,
Kelly

Last edited by kcobean; 03-31-2005 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:46 AM
Sly_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Count me in KC....
Old 03-31-2005, 11:53 AM
Shahrum

I would definitely be interested. I was a part of the Northern Virginia Mustang Club until I got the Z, and have been waiting for something like this to come around!
Old 03-31-2005, 01:58 PM
stillnz

hey kelly. that sounds like a great idea count me in. I would also like to say a great job was done with the new website for capital350z.com.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:12 PM
jester7500

I'm definitely in as well. At the several meets/drives I've showed up to in the past couple of months, I've seen the same familiar faces, so it feels like we're a car club already. Everyone I've met so far are cool peoples, so joining a club with you guys is a no brainer.

Also, the website is looking good! I'm glad my Z's left butt cheek made it to the homepage .
Old 03-31-2005, 04:55 PM
valdeztke

Kelly,

I know we spoke early about a few things and I am glad to see what has came about our conversation. I was in a fraternity and I tell you it was the best thing I ever did. Being in a car club is a similar institution. One that offers a bond between a group of people that share the same interest. I am totally stoked to see how organizied this thing can get. I think with the backbone we have already built with the small informal meets, track days, bonds and friendships already created we are off to one heck of a start.
Kelly let me know what I can do. I can def sacrifice a few of my wasted hours a week to make this thing a reality , and I am sure I speak for the rest of the guys as well.

I want to nominate myself for social chair!

Thanks guys!!
Old 03-31-2005, 05:26 PM
nashjam

bahhh...I get to be pledge ed.! What house were you in?
Old 03-31-2005, 06:05 PM
valdeztke

Tau Kappa Epsilon at THE Ohio State University
Old 03-31-2005, 06:15 PM
nashjam

I was a Theta Xi at THE Ohio State University. In all seriousness though this club sounds like a great idea. I'd like to see some more info, but I'm def interested.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:30 AM
huducks

something about being a pledge scares me.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:26 AM
PumpedVA

If I can keep my car on the road count me in
Old 04-01-2005, 08:30 AM
pdjafari

where do i sign??

www.nopeeniewatchingpetition.org
Old 04-01-2005, 09:11 AM
arlingtonz

I am in...we have a fairly large following, so this should be good, i was offered to join the Triangle Z club down in NC (that is where I bought the car)...but since I live here, it didn't make much sense. They do alot of cool things, so hopefully this will materialize.

On a side note, I think the peenie watching has played its course and the horse has long since been dead.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:18 AM
pdjafari

as long as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west peenie watching will never be dead, right kelly!!

Old 04-02-2005, 02:00 PM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Count me in for membership. Travel dictates being a plank member might not be possible though...
Old 04-02-2005, 02:20 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by pdjafari
as long as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west peenie watching will never be dead, right kelly!!

I gotta agree with Brett on this one. It's gettin' a tad old...Unless of course you want to be the target of all the camera lenses at the next few meets, then I'm fine with it.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:56 PM
pdjafari

(Already posted on G Driver)
Kelly,

Im pretty good w/ photoshop and some other graphic software. Let me know if you have some ideas of what you want and I can submit some samples for whatever designs/images/pics you need!! I am all for non profit and am willing to help out both Z/G community in any way I can!!
Old 04-02-2005, 05:48 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by pdjafari
(Already posted on G Driver)
Kelly,

Im pretty good w/ photoshop and some other graphic software. Let me know if you have some ideas of what you want and I can submit some samples for whatever designs/images/pics you need!! I am all for non profit and am willing to help out both Z/G community in any way I can!!
Awesome! I think at this point we'd be looking for a good, creative logo that a club could use on apparel, publications, etc. You think you can hook something up?

Also, the banner image on the site could be more professional ( I created the existing one using linux/gimp). If you can whip something up that is more "banner-ish" and that includes a G35 in the image, that would rock. The site should equally represent both cars since the club definitely would.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:35 AM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

Excellent, I'm down to help out.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:36 PM
kcobean

UPDATE:

Need help keeping up with all of the details of upcoming events like what day, time, place, etc? There is a nice calendar feature on www.capital350zclub.com that will help do just that! Check it out! And if you haven't registered yet, now is a great time! Post photos of your car in the gallery, introduce yourself in the forum, and take the lastest poll! Check it out at The Capital 350Z / G35 Club Web-site.

Quick Reply: The Capital 350Z/G35 Club