Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

falls church high school auto show

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 05:06 AM
jdmforever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default falls church high school auto show

okai we have the official date and time. the show will be held on MAY 7, 2005 it will be held in the falls church high school parking lot. car registration will be $10.00 general admission will be $5.00 and kids under 5 for free.there will be $200 best in show prize and many more. email me at drifterx88@yahoo.com please come support the falls church auto shop.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:16 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmforever
okai we have the official date and time. the show will be held on MAY 7, 2005 it will be held in the falls church high school parking lot. car registration will be $10.00 general admission will be $5.00 and kids under 5 for free.there will be $200 best in show prize and many more. email me at drifterx88@yahoo.com please come support the falls church auto shop.
A few questions...

1. What time should cars show up
2. When does the actual show start (you want all the entrants there and set up before spectators get there)
3. When/who is judging
4. what is the address to the school
5. Are there different classes.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:23 AM
jdmforever

well the time for the actual start of the show will be 10:00am. we wnat to have roll in from 6:30 to 8:30 first come first serve. if you arrive with a team we will try our best to keep you together due to the fact that spaces are going to be filled quickly. judging will be by ballot. Falls church high school is located on rt. 50 the adress is

7521 jaguar trail
falls church, virginia 22042
Old 04-01-2005, 05:36 AM
valdeztke

I take it there are no different classes? Just "best of show"?
Old 04-01-2005, 09:39 AM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

Sounds like a lot of money just to come look at a high school car show. When there was a car show at my high school maybe 4-5 years ago...I remember just walking in for free and not being impressed.

Do you have a list of registered cars yet? I don't remember if it was said in the other thread, but are you raising this money for a fundraiser of sorts?
Old 04-01-2005, 09:46 AM
yacoub

Originally Posted by kcobean
5. Are there different classes.
Yeah, math, history, literature...

Sorry
Old 04-01-2005, 09:53 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by EnthuZiastDrive
Sounds like a lot of money just to come look at a high school car show. When there was a car show at my high school maybe 4-5 years ago...I remember just walking in for free and not being impressed.

Do you have a list of registered cars yet? I don't remember if it was said in the other thread, but are you raising this money for a fundraiser of sorts?

I think thats the registration fee if you are showing your car?

not sure though...
Old 04-01-2005, 10:21 AM
manofsteele2003

There is a $5 fee just to come and look at the cars, but they are trying to raise money for the auto shop program. I'm in, I took three years of high school auto shop so I'm more than happy to help out.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Shahrum

Fairfax County Schools needing to raise money for an auto shop program.. good joke

- Former student (2004 graduate) and current employee

(haha, ok, I'll stop -- and yeah, EnthuZiast, I had my Mustang in the Lake Braddock car show 2 years ago... wasn't too amazing... but you can't expect something great in a high school car show)
Old 04-01-2005, 01:55 PM
valdeztke

Way to be positive. I'm glad that you have taken into consideration all of the questions you asked in here about your Z. Now you are going to badger someones attempt to provide assistance for a good cause ? If I dont think the Make-A-Wish foundation is a "great" reason to give money and my fellow Z guys are going to participate an event for this cause I know I wouldnt have the arrogance to add my negative comments to that given thread. Just my two cent but I mean what do I know ...

Cars looking pretty nice though. Like the rims
Old 04-01-2005, 04:21 PM
Shahrum

Yeah, hey listen jdmforver, I'm sorry for coming off so harshly with a comment like that. I got your IM's.

Of course I would love to participate and do all I can to help out. As I've said already... I'm a product of FCPS as well. I work for an office in FCPS that deals quite closely with finances for the county school system, but it doesn't take someone to be in my position to realize just how good this school system is economically and educationally compared to others around the nation. FCPS is easily in the top 10 for the country.

Enough on that tangent though. It's more or less the fact that the money is there but isn't being allocated to the auto programs because they aren't seen as being that high of an importance. But it's things like these cars shows, etc. that are going to go to show the school board and other important people that these departments are just as worthy.

Sorry again for making my comments seem to harsh -- that goes to valdeztke too. I just needed to explain my rant more!!

Peace
Old 04-02-2005, 05:36 AM
valdeztke

Thats better !

Thanks Sharum ..
Old 04-07-2005, 05:06 AM
jdmforever

hey val do you think your going to be able to make it. if so let me know so we can talk about your registration.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:17 AM
valdeztke

Yes I will be back by then I m going to Fl that weekend before that ...
let me know what I need to do . Im not really concerned with winnning or anything but Ill enter just to help out the cause.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:55 AM
jdmforever

ok kool well you can meet me up somewhere and give me registration money either that or you can send it through mail. i am not sure if you go to any meets around the are let me know.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:21 AM
kcobean

ok kool well you can meet me up somewhere and give me registration money either that or you can send it through mail. i am not sure if you go to any meets around the are let me know.
Hey JDM,
So what is your registration process for this show? So far, all we've heard is a dollar amount. If you want people (besides Juan) to show up, you need to start pumping out some details like how to register (and meeting with you in person to give you money isn't a viable method for most of us). I'm intersted in showing up to help you guys raise money, but you gotta take the guess work out of it. I'm not trying to be critical, but if you want to have more than 1 or 2 cars from this forum show up, you need start thinking about the whole event process from start to finish. It's not difficult, but you should remember that you are relying on "volunteers" to make this a success. Volunteers need some direction before they can participate. Hope this works out for you.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:07 PM
jdmforever

hey thanks for the info kcobean. your imput is really helpfull cause i have never put a show together like this. well the registration money should be sent to falls church high school and check should be for FCHS. memo should say registration for cars show. if you want a guranteed spot you must register by april 16. please come out my teacher hope that it'll be a muscle car show, but i want him to cry when he see's all tuners.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:12 PM
jdmforever

This is how you can. pay to order of FCHS and the memo should be for parking spot for auto show. The check should be sent to Michael Blondin 7521 jaguar trail falls church, virginia 22042. if you would rather pay in cash please let me know and we can meet up somewhere.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:34 PM
valdeztke

Kelly Im not going unless you are. and he is right JDM this meet me with cash isnt really something we do.. You just have to realize the people in these forums arent going to "waste" their time going to some joke of a show..
I know it sounds bad but , its true.
Get it all together and post it all at one time ..
Old 04-07-2005, 05:31 PM
kcobean

hey thanks for the info kcobean. your imput is really helpfull cause i have never put a show together like this. well the registration money should be sent to falls church high school and check should be for FCHS. memo should say registration for cars show. if you want a guranteed spot you must register by april 16. please come out my teacher hope that it'll be a muscle car show, but i want him to cry when he see's all tuners.
If I may ask, is it a requirement that you have the registration money in advance? If not, why don't you have people email you to confirm their attendance (and make very clear what information is required in that email) and then collect payment (in cash if you require it) at the time of check-in (for us here on my350z.com, we can keep a running tally of who has sent emails, but I'm sure you're working with more than just this forum). At the show, have an "entrant check-in" table where people sign-in and pay their entrance fee and get assigned a parking spot. Generally, it's a good idea to group cars together (even if there won't be any formal show classes) so that we little Nissans don't end up next to Dodge Vipers and such. Besides, everyone likes to kind of group with their own type.

Just a few thoughts.

Last edited by kcobean; 04-07-2005 at 05:35 PM.

Quick Reply: falls church high school auto show