Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Clearing Corners in Richmond -- April 16th

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 05:03 PM
w1ngman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Clearing Corners in Richmond -- April 16th

Hello folks! Just wanted to make the Mid-A folks (and perhaps the Richmond-area most as they'll be very local to my home) aware that I'll be clearing a set of 350z headlights for Mark Vain (winner of the "1/2 off Clear Corners Conversion" from the recent Evolution Autosports meet).

I am inviting anyone that is interested in seeing this conversion performed on the 350z to feel more than welcome to come out to my place, hang out during the conversion, ask questions, etc. I'll have a PS2 hooked up allowing folks to play GT4 if desired. And I have a large driveway that has accommodated up to 25 cars (when parked strategically ). And if folks desire, ya'll are welcome to use it as an opportunity to do some spring detailing on your babies while you're visiting.

I'll be involved with Mark's conversion...and that takes every bit of 4 hours from beginning to end. But I offer my gas grill on my sundeck if anyone would want to bring burgers/dawgs/buns/etc. Otherwise, folks can know that there is a Domino's Pizza right up the road.

Mark and I have made plans to begin the conversion around 10am. That would complete the conversion at approximately 2pm. Additionally, if ya'll like to drive your cars, and if the weather promotes it, after the conversion is completed, I'd be more than happy to lead a very fun drive through some great back roads where I live.

Anyway...the conversion is planned for April 16th. No one (but Mark ) *has* to come out. But I definitely want the Mid-A 350z community to know you're welcome to come out and witness my work if you're interested. I'm ~ 20 minutes west of downtown Richmond, VA via I-64 -- just to give you a "ballpark" idea of where I might be located and if you'd want to drive out or if it would be too far a trek. I'll PM my address to those that would like to come out.

Best Regards,
Dave "w1ngman" Parker
Old 04-05-2005, 02:53 AM
atadlo

hmmm, sounds enticing. do you have pictures of the Z's that you have done? your work looks good, if i can't make it for this run i may have to do the "drive to you" option this summer.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:52 AM
arlingtonz

i am intrigued too...subscribing and dependent on the weather I might be in.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:27 AM
w1ngman

Default Pics offered in thread links...

Originally Posted by atadlo
hmmm, sounds enticing. do you have pictures of the Z's that you have done? your work looks good, if i can't make it for this run i may have to do the "drive to you" option this summer.

Here are a couple threads that have some pics (either directly viewable...or clickable as .jpg attachments) of some of my 350z work. Also offers very nice testimonials from the owners themselves expressing their view of my work.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....hlight=w1ngman

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....hlight=w1ngman

Please note that reference to my helping out with bulbs and such is about me being willing to purchase (for reimbursement at time of clearing) hyperwhite bulbs that can improve the appearance after the diffuser is removed. There is still no marketed replacement diffuser offered that I'm aware of. However, the 350z headlamp is designed in a manner that the removal of the amber diffuser does not look ghastly. Very clean look after the diffuser is removed.

- Dave
Old 04-13-2005, 02:39 AM
w1ngman

For those that were interested in visiting... Errrm ...Mark and I are making destination changes for this Saturday 16th. These changes are predicated on me needing a fair bit of Saturday afternoon time to do some wrench-turning on my own S2000 in anticipation of a Dragon trip on Rt 129 the following weekend. So I'm afraid I'll have to postpone this "public" offer to watch a conversion in progress. There will be more tho', I promise .

Thanks for understanding. And Mark...check your e-mail again and give me a shout for our Saturday plans.

Thanks!
Dave
Old 04-13-2005, 02:59 AM
atadlo

i have a brother that i visit on occasion by the richmond airport, if nothing else i could possibly just drop my lights off to you and pick them up when ready (although i admit i wouldnt mind seeing the process done in person, i like that kind of stuff). i'll PM you once everything gets settled- thanks again for the offer.