Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

***Cleared Corners*** (remove amber strip)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 11:41 AM
w1ngman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post ***Cleared Corners*** (remove amber strip)

Sure don't wish to be overbearing with a post offering a fee-based clearing service in the Mid-Atlantic area... And if there is no interest, then this thread will bury itself further down just as it should. However, as my corner clearing [side-business*] services have been solicited by a few 350Z owners via recommendations from Jeff@Evolution, I thought I'd take a moment to post a deliberate thread offering my services to the Mid-A 350Z owners. [ * I mentioned "side business" because I have a full-time career as an IT Support Desk Manager. At 39 years old, I am not a punk kid trying to make a quick buck at anyone's expense. I do this side-business because I'm good at it, and because it makes me some side $$$ to get toys for my own ride...a Honda S2000. I try to arrange clearings that work for my customer, and obviously so that such appointments don't impact my daily 9-5 corporate job.]

I'll update this initial post with some pics from recent 350Z work I've done (once I catch back up with the owners and ask them for pics...get so busy doing the conversion, I forget to take images myself ). But there is a sig link for the time-being here that offers pics of my work with S2000 owners if it is of any consolation .

Here is a "testimonial thread" offered by Drew703 on my work and his fine Daytona ride

Conversion typically takes 4+ hours per 350Z. I remove the amber diffuser strip trapped inside your sealed headlamp to leave the headlamp housing beautifully cleared once completed. I do *not* offer replacement diffusers...although I appreciate that one or another vendor on these boards might have them for sale. If they do, and you were to bring them with you, I would charge nothing additional to swap a diffuser out for the amber...no real addition cost in time for me to do such a swap ...so no reason to pass any additional expense on to you. Just want to clarify that I only offer a service...no products. When the conversion is completed, the headlamp is resealed and reinstalled. Nothing is walked away from until the customer is completely satisfied. I've converted three 350Zs to date...and well over 250 Honda S2000s. My experience and my attention to detail is well known on www.s2ki.com. My 350Z customers to date have similarly been pleased with my service.

If one were to find themselves interested, my fee for the 350Z conversion is as follows:
  • $150 -- You drive to me (I'm located just west of Richmond, VA)
  • $170 -- I drive to you (within a 2 hour drivetime window)
  • +$50 -- If owner wants innard chrome portions "blacked out" during the conversion. [This additional service would likely add 2 additional hours to the total conversion time]
If you have questions, feel free to either PM me here or e-mail me at w1ngman@ricks2k.com.

Thanks for your interest...

Best Regards,
Dave "w1ngman" Parker

PS. Please note that I cannot extend this offer to G35 owners . I am aware that the internal housing of the G35 would have its unique amber diffuser "fused" to the casing. Those who have attempted its removal have done so with a dremmel ...not exactly something I'm willing to do on a $700+ headlamp housing. My apologies...but I'm sure this can be appreciated.

PPS. I own a 2001 Honda S2000. Low-slung Spa Yellow with a CF hood...pretty hard to miss. With over 95,000 miles now on the odo, you'll likely catch me on the roads . If you see me, please wave...I'm a nice guy . And I never miss a chance to appreciate the view of a rolling 350Z Below is an image of my ride, The Bruised Banana. Hope to catch up with some of ya'll as time goes by .

Last edited by w1ngman; 11-04-2004 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:46 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen Dave's work in person, and I can say that it's really top-notch. Having met Dave before (though I'm sure he doesn't remember meeting me! ) he really is a nice guy, and I would trust him to do quality work on my car.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:19 PM
w1ngman

Sure Kelly, how can I forget your "cooler heads prevail" valiant effort to chill Ricky before the big Evolution meet last year? (hope they ultimately worked things out...). Have you had a chance to get your Redline on The Dragon yet??? If not...you can't afford to let next spring get by without making the trip. The mecca of roads...period .

- Dave
Old 11-05-2004, 07:56 AM
mdracer76
Banned

I can vouch for Dave.. this guy is just plain a "Good Guy". Having seen Drews ride.. I can definatly say that Dave takes his time.. and treats your ride like it was his own.

If you like the look.. then Dave is the man
Old 11-05-2004, 09:07 AM
w1ngman

Thanks for the added vote of confidence for the Mid-A community Mike!

- Dave
Old 11-05-2004, 04:54 PM
kcobean

Originally posted by w1ngman
Sure Kelly, how can I forget your "cooler heads prevail" valiant effort to chill Ricky before the big Evolution meet last year? (hope they ultimately worked things out...). Have you had a chance to get your Redline on The Dragon yet??? If not...you can't afford to let next spring get by without making the trip. The mecca of roads...period .

- Dave
Haaaa...I forgot all about that. Yeah, I think everything worked out for the best.

I have not been to The Dragon yet, however, I'm DEFINITELY going to attend the next ZDayZ event on May 20-22. Soooooo looking forward to it.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:21 AM
brgerflipr

Dave cleared my headlights recently and did a great job! I would highly recommend him to anyone. He came to my place and spent all day there. He wouldn't leave until every little detail was perfect. My garage and kitchen were also perfectly cleaned afterwards as well.

No time for pics guys, sorry. But it looks like any other Z on the forum would look... the amber strip is gone. :-)

Dave, thanks once again man!!
Old 11-14-2004, 09:44 PM
Sins4u33

Dave once again...i am still waiting on those damn clear strips...once i get them i am coming to you as soon as they get in...ill be in touch though, i know alot of people are waiting for this too...but who knows once i get it done i can show it off....

Ben
Old 11-19-2004, 09:11 AM
MuggeZ

I had my headlights cleared with brgerflipr and Dave did a great job. He made sure everything was done perfectly and he also provided us with silver bulbs to replace the bulbs under the orange strip. Here are pics of my headlights that he cleared.

Old 12-11-2004, 08:31 PM
aykut

where we can get the clear strip ? thanks
Old 12-11-2004, 08:36 PM
myz8a4re

right now i believe the only one that is/was selling the clear strip was ares(a member here on the forum) or you can have the entire conversion done at clearcorners.com & they install thier own clear strip(mucho $$ though) OR you can attempt to make your own using clear diffuser panel trim.......

-justin
Old 12-11-2004, 08:36 PM
suse

I've been trying to get clear strip for like 5 months now?? Someone could be making alot of money if they make these.
Old 12-11-2004, 08:53 PM
aykut

how the muggez got his or her ? He might answer this question directly and we can have all answers
Old 12-11-2004, 09:03 PM
myz8a4re

muggez just has the amber strip removed, not a clear strip installed in its place.........

-justin
Old 12-11-2004, 09:44 PM
kamikaZ
3FIFTYZ

MuggeZ ur car looks sexy! I wanted to get my emblum filled also but last night i busted up my bumper n V1 lip anyway =/
Old 12-12-2004, 11:38 AM
kcobean

While I love the way this looks, it's important to at least be aware that in most states (and it might be a federal "street-legal" regulation), you are required to have an amber reflector at or in front of the front wheels. Clearing out this strip AND removing or replacing the bumper side-reflector (or in my case removing the whole bumper ) is illegal, and in states like VA, if the state inspector is on his game he can fail you for this.

It's still an awesome look though!
Old 12-29-2004, 12:01 PM
w1ngman

Nice lil' bump juuuuuust in case Santa left folks some $$$...and they don't know what to do with it!

Happy New Year folks!

- Dave
Old 01-22-2005, 08:04 AM
D@ActiveTuning

Am I within your 2 hour time range? Zip code is 21117, Owings Mills, MD.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:12 PM
w1ngman

Could be . I have my wheels being reconditioned at Ye Ole Wheel Shop (Elkridge, MD). They'll have my wheels for perhaps another week or two. Perhaps I could arrange to meet up with you the same Saturday that I end up driving up for my wheels. Could do your conversion during the same trip ?

E-mail me at w1ngmanS2000@gmail.com (rather than us making further arrangements within this thread). I'm sure you and I could make something work.

Thanks!
Dave
Old 01-22-2005, 02:56 PM
PumpedVA

man more things to spend $$ on. LOL How far from richmond are you?

Quick Reply: ***Cleared Corners*** (remove amber strip)