Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

May 14th: 10th Annual Tidewater Z Club Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 05:41 AM
10 TIL 4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Machupo
Johanna was there? hahahahahaha, John is going to be *PISSED* he drove all the way down from DC to get some wheels and never found Johanna to complete the trade (bad phone # as well) -- oh well

the Nismo wheeled, nicely dropped SS is roark from this board

I ended up not entering (my car looked like crap), so i parked right in front of pomoco, but there were quite a few really nice cars there (240/280/300's mainly -- there were a pair of showboat 350's, not too much in the engine mod dept)

Thats weird, I know Josh "Johanna" was there waiting and never got a call or anything. He mentioned that he couldn't wait around all day but I believe he was there at least for a couple hours+.

Yea I really didn't care for those "showboat" 350s either, I think lambo doors should stay on lambo's. They had tons of money in the cosmetic department but definitely need some engine mods to make up for all that added weight. To each his own I guess, I'm sure they love there Z so thats all that matters.

Last edited by 10 TIL 4; 05-15-2005 at 05:44 AM.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:50 AM
roark

Yes, the shocks are Tanabe GF120s.

There were some really nice cars. I'm not a big fan of ultra-mods, but the black Z32 2+2 was very nicely done - excellent quality mods. Shane's LS 350z is really over the top and every time I see it, he's added more.

We ended up rasing over $1200 for Make-A-Wish foundation. We had members from six different clubs attend, and participants from as far away as Florida. Everyone had a good time and thanks to everyone for attending.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:19 PM
ZPirate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

I thought the show was excellent. We had three members of our club drive up from Greenville. And we all came back with trophies. Two first place finishes in the Nissan Modified Category and one second in the Street Mod category I believe. Any way it was a great day. I always enjoy getting together with other Z owners, no matter which model they have. Has anyone else got pictures of the event to post?
Old 05-15-2005, 04:33 PM
ZPirate

[QUOTE=10 TIL 4]I was there for about an hour. I thought it was decent and pretty organized but there weren't too many modified 350's. Most that were there had minor bolt on's and nothing too impressive hence why I only took a few pics (not that mine is any better, I was just spoiled after seeing dozens of boosted Z/G's at Evolution). Its just good to get around some other Z's.

10 til 4

You must not have taken a close look at my car. Mine was the blue Z in the back by the tent. Since we drove up that morning I spent the first hour and a half cleaning up my car so I didn't put my list of mods up until about 11:30 (see my sig below for list). Although my car is not boosted, I have quite a few NA mods along with upgraded brakes, suspension and wheels. However, unless you look closely at my car you may not notice them. I don't think anyone else there in the 350Z class had any where close to as many performance mods as I do.

I am not a big fan of the ultra modded 350Zs either. Too much bling and not enough bang for me. Although I certainly don't fault the guys who are into that stuff. I want my car to look good, but I also want it to perform good as well. Some people look at modding their cars differently.

Last edited by ZPirate; 05-15-2005 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:41 PM
ZPirate

Originally Posted by roark
Yes, the shocks are Tanabe GF120s.

There were some really nice cars. I'm not a big fan of ultra-mods, but the black Z32 2+2 was very nicely done - excellent quality mods. Shane's LS 350z is really over the top and every time I see it, he's added more.

We ended up rasing over $1200 for Make-A-Wish foundation. We had members from six different clubs attend, and participants from as far away as Florida. Everyone had a good time and thanks to everyone for attending.
Roark,

Nice event and good day for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Shane's car really is outragous. I saw it a couple of weeks ago down here in Greenville at the Slamsession Show. I hadn't seen it since your show last year. It is amazing what he has done to it. It is almost not recognizable as a 350Z anymore. All you guys are invited to come join us for the Emerald City Z Club's fourth annual show at Kinston Nissan in Kinston, NC on June 4, 2005. Hope to see everyone then. Thanks again.

Last edited by ZPirate; 05-15-2005 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:49 PM
10 TIL 4

Originally Posted by ZPirate
You must not have taken a close look at my car. Since we drove up that morning I spent the first hour and a half cleaning up my car so I didn't put my list of mods up until about 11:30 (see my sig below for list). Although my car is not boosted, I have quite a few NA mods along with upgraded brakes, suspension and wheels. However, unless you look closely at my car you may not notice them. I don't think anyone else there in the 350Z class had any where close to as many performance mods as I do.

I am not a big fan of the ultra modded 350Zs either. Too much bling and not enough bang for me. Although I certainly don't fault the guys who are into that stuff. I want my car to look good, but I also want it to perform good as well. Some people look at modding their cars differently.
I saw your Z when I first arrived. I did notice your mods too, well done. We couldn't tell if you had the plenum or spacers. Nicely modded and very sleeperish if you ask me.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:11 PM
ZPirate

Originally Posted by 10 TIL 4
I saw your Z when I first arrived. I did notice your mods too, well done. We couldn't tell if you had the plenum or spacers. Nicely modded and very sleeperish if you ask me.
Thanks. I was disappointed that not many people asked me about my mods. Except one of the judges, didn't get his name, really liked my brakes. He took several pictures of them. Also the lady in front of me with the roadster liked my Z fluid caps. Not many other people asked me about the car.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:43 PM
roark

ZPirate,

I didn't get a chance to check out your car. I was swamped with show details and really only got a good look at the class I was judging (daily driver.) I did glance over and see some of your engine mods though. Nicely done. You have your Crawford strut bar running under your painted OEM engine cover, right? I'd like to see pics of the Z center caps on your LMGT4s.

Sorry I won't be able to make it to your guys' show. The first Sunday of the month is our regional SCCA Solo-II event. I'd never be able to make it back in time to prep the car for the track.

Last edited by roark; 05-15-2005 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:41 PM
ZPirate

Originally Posted by roark
ZPirate,

I didn't get a chance to check out your car. I was swamped with show details and really only got a good look at the class I was judging (daily driver.) I did glance over and see some of your engine mods though. Nicely done. You have your Crawford strut bar running under your painted OEM engine cover, right? I'd like to see pics of the Z center caps on your LMGT4s.

Sorry I won't be able to make it to your guys' show. The first Sunday of the month is our regional SCCA Solo-II event. I'd never be able to make it back in time to prep the car for the track.
Roark,

You are correct about the Crawford strut bar. Here is a link to a recent thread with pictures of my car from the Gallery area: https://my350z.com/forum/media-share/122398-pictures-my-z.html
Keep scrolling down until you see the pictures since I had to get some help to post them.

I actually don't have the Z center caps in my wheels right now, just the standard caps that come with them. I had to try out the stock ones too. I plan on putting them back however. Hopefully prior to our show. They are center caps that fit the Track wheels that I used to have which I got from Courtesy Nissan. They are the same color as the spokes on the LMGT4s with a chrome/polished Z in the middle. They fit the opening for the LMGT4s fine. The only issue is that they are not quite as wide as the standard caps so they leave a slight gap at the bottom of the bowl in the center of the wheel instead of being flush. However, the center ring on the wheel behind where the cap fits is also the same color as the spokes so it makes for a good contrast. The wheel goes from polished on the edge to the color of the spokes, then back to polished in the bowl, then back to the color of the spokes and finally to the polished Z emblem. It makes the Z stand out. I don't think that I have any pictures of my wheels with the Z caps on.

Sorry you can't make our show. Hopefully some of your club members will be able to make it. It is a haul though. It will probably take your club members about 3 hours to get to Kinston.

Last edited by ZPirate; 05-15-2005 at 07:56 PM.