Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

MD/DC/VA meeting in Columbia on Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 07:48 PM
commasense

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MD/DC/VA meeting in Columbia on Sunday

Okay, let's get together at Bennigan's in Columbia at noon Sunday, Dec. 15. We'll meet in the parking lot first, look over our cars for a while, then go into lunch.

Here's a map:

Bennigan's Columbia Lakefront

Parking instructions: Don't pull into Wincopin Circle. Instead, turn off Little Patuxent Parkway into Sterrett Place, a block north of Wincopin, go past the gas station and turn right around the office building. Then go straight as far as you can, and park near (but not TOO near) all the other Zs you'll see to the left.

If you get there after we've gone in, you'll see a multilevel parking garage on the left, an office building on the right, and some stairs going down between them. Go down the stairs and Bennigan's will be on your right. Come inside and look for all those nice people talking about their Zs.

Please e-mail me at commasense@cinergetics.com if you can make it, or if you have any questions.

A reminder: the year's last Friday at the Track at Summit Point is this Friday. I'll be there. They're saying there's a waiting list for the novice group, but I'll bet if you're there by 8 am you'll get in. It's worked for me many times. If, like me, you're in SP's Group 2, there's still space.

See you this weekend!
Old 12-09-2002, 04:03 PM
md350z

Default See you Sunday!

I'll be there!
Old 12-09-2002, 06:18 PM
jrreed350togo

I'll be there as well. I'm a big football fan...I may not stay for lunch. I didn't buy the Direct TV gamepack for nothing. Gotta see my Cowboys.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:45 PM
noahbuddy

Anyone with Pikes Peak or Redline showing up?
Old 12-10-2002, 05:35 AM
md350z

Smile

I like to see a white Z myself. I have been getting White color cars ever since I started driving.

Hope more people show up!!

Daytona Blue, Touring 6MT
Old 12-10-2002, 09:10 PM
commasense

Default Sunday bad?

Response has not been overwhelming.

Would Saturday be better for more people?
Old 12-11-2002, 02:21 AM
md350z

Saturday is fine with me also. Let's see how others feel
Old 12-11-2002, 02:50 AM
mikersoft

I'm interested, but have been holding out to see what the weather is going to be like.. Saturday is not looking too good right now...

-Mike
Old 12-12-2002, 07:26 PM
commasense

Default Sunday it is

Okay, I thought there might be a bunch of people like jrreed350togo who didn't want to come on Sunday because of the game, but the suggestion of Saturday didn't exactly create a stampede, either.

So we'll keep to the original plan: Sunday at noon. It'll be a small but exclusive group.

But everyone is welcome. You don't have to post in advance. Just show up. The more the merrier.

I'll PM the people who have said they're coming with my cell phone number in case you have last minute problems with the directions.

jrreed350togo: set your VCR for the game. You may be having too good a time to leave.

See you all on Sunday.
Old 12-13-2002, 05:59 AM
mikersoft

D'oh! I just looked at the map.. I didn't realize Columbia was so close to Baltimore. That's a 130 mile round trip for me. I'm still on the fence about attending..

-Mike
Old 12-14-2002, 08:58 AM
commasense

Default Oh, come on!

130 miles isn't that far when the car you're driving is so much fun. And the beltway won't be too crowded on Sunday morning.
Old 12-14-2002, 01:54 PM
jrreed350togo

Doesn't look like the turnout is going to be over 3...I say reschedule until more people can show.
Old 12-14-2002, 01:56 PM
VaGentleman

I would be there, but I'm getting my wheels/tires replaced...grrrrr..stolen don't ya know...grrrrrrrrr

VG
Old 12-14-2002, 02:28 PM
flynnibus
Z Flier

Originally posted by VaGentleman
I would be there, but I'm getting my wheels/tires replaced...grrrrr..stolen don't ya know...grrrrrrrrr
VG
Woah.. when did that happen? I thought you had your car away for winter weather?

Were they stolen while at home? storage? out in public?

This is the one thing that freaks me out.. don't hear much about it out here... mostly just break-ins, but I don't want to be out 3k in wheels!

Stupid question.. but did you have wheel locks? Not that I think they stop anyone for real.
Old 12-15-2002, 12:32 AM
VaGentleman

Originally posted by flynnibus
Woah.. when did that happen? I thought you had your car away for winter weather?

Were they stolen while at home? storage? out in public?

This is the one thing that freaks me out.. don't hear much about it out here... mostly just break-ins, but I don't want to be out 3k in wheels!

Stupid question.. but did you have wheel locks? Not that I think they stop anyone for real.
I didn't have wheel locks...I thought "Who would want wheels that are unique to the Z...especially when there are so few Z's on the road?" If you happen to see any Honda/Acura ricers out there with 17" stock Z wheels...be suspicious!!

I'm having not 1, but 2 wheel locks for each wheel installed. Also, I'm going to have a nice proximity alarm installed w/ an LCD pager that shows me which zone is being "violated". I wanted to find a system that allowed me to record a message for anyone getting too close, but no luck. They will initially just get a "chirp".

It happened sometime between 5pm Monday and 6:30am Tuesday...IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE!!

I live in a townhome community that is well lit. Guess because it's winter, less chance of people walking their dogs or having their dogs out in the backyard to make noise.

My neighbor rang the door bell at 6:30 am and told me. There was a rock under the middle of the left rocker panel and a jack in the middle of the right *the car is well balanced, so nothing was touching the ground*. Sprinkled around the car were 18 lug nuts so I lost 2 of them. The jack they left is nice...looks new. 2 ton capacity.

After calling the police and my insurance company, I called my Nissan dealer. Great folks...they got me 3 donuts to use with my spare tire so that I could get it on a flat bed and towed to them.

Strange thing, the tow truck driver told me it was the 2nd Z he has towed that had lost its wheels *the other one in Alexandria also*. The lady who owned that one, though, did not get donuts, she had it DRAGGED onto the flat bed. She assumed that the insurance company would pay for the extra damage. (I DON'T THINK SO!!)

The appraiser came by Thursday and left estimate (about $3,800 for the wheels and tires...that little "Z" emblem in the middle of the wheels is separate and goes for $25 each!).

I called the dealer Friday and they already had my 4 tires and 2 wheels. The other 2 wheels are on their way from Dallas. Hopefully it will be ready early next week.

Oh well, fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me!

At least no damage was done to the body or the rotors etc.

It will be nice to get back in the saddle...been styling in a rented Saturn..... most embarrasing!!

VG

Last edited by VaGentleman; 12-15-2002 at 12:35 AM.
Old 12-15-2002, 07:24 AM
flynnibus
Z Flier

Tell them they need to reemburse your amount of zaino you had on the wheels too

Sorry to hear your story.. thats why I live out in suburbia... punks and construction site theft is the biggest crimes out here. Though car break-ins in sterling are crazy rampent (only about 5+miles from me).

The locking lug nut thing to me just doesn't seem like it would stop people.. but I asked for some anyways.
Old 12-16-2002, 02:25 PM
commasense

Default Good meeting

Well, everyone who was anyone among 350Z owners in Maryland, DC, and Virginia was at Bennigan's in Columbia on Sunday. Meaning me, md350z, and churchy and his girlfriend. A small but pleasant meeting. The weather was the nicest it's been in a couple of weeks.

We admired one another's vehicles for a while, then went in and had a nice lunch while continuing on the general topic of things Z.

Thanks, guys, for coming out. We'll do it again sometime soon and hope that more of you can join us.

[md350z and churchy: PM me with your e-mail addresses and I'll send you copies of the pix.]

Left to right: churchy, commasense, md350z.
Attached Thumbnails MD/DC/VA meeting in Columbia on Sunday-img_5729a.jpg  
Old 12-16-2002, 02:41 PM
VaGentleman

sorrry I couldn't make it...ermm...think I need wheels to have rolled there!

Nice pic

Maybe next time

VG
Old 06-20-2013, 09:15 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump
Old 06-21-2013, 04:51 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts