Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

SUV and Altima Accident, White Marsh, MD

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 08:25 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default SUV and Altima Accident, White Marsh, MD

Last night I took a ride to go get something to eat. The temperature was about 34 degrees and traction was terrible. I was near the White Marsh Mall, and arrived at MD43 and Perry Hall Boulevard just after a SUV and Altima accident.

The Altima was sitting in the south bound lane of MD43 facing north (it must a did a 360 after impact). The front and passenger side were completely obliterated. A small crowd of bystanders had gathered, but none approached the young girl in the Altima bleeding profusely from the face.

I talked to the girl for a few minutes, held a handkerchief to her face, and assured her the everything was going to be OK. My concern was not her face, but what I could not see: her legs. Another bystander provided a comforting blanket in the freezing weather.

The Altima took the impact well. Despite the fact that the front and side were obliterated, the passenger compartment was survivable.

If anyone knows the young woman driving the Altima, give her my best.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:42 AM
Silkk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks... davidv, you're a good man...

I concur that traction SUCKS in this cold weather... I have BRAND new potenzas on, completely dry, and i'm sliding all over in this cold. I almost lost it yesterday as I tried to merge into traffic from 5mph roll. Spun first til redline, hit 2nd and went sideways, left off, shift to 3, and get back on the gas and pulled it straight. I'm sure the people coming up on me going 75 in the 55 were ****ting theirselves.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Sly_Z

Good job David, I'm sure she will always cherish what you did for her.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:06 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I drove to the scene of the accident last night. I’m south bound on MD43, making a left turn onto Perry Hall Boulevard. I’m second in line waiting for a green arrow. I counted seconds and the green arrow lasted 4 second! Can you believe it! How many cars can turn left in four seconds?

No wonder cars are entering the intersection on a yellow light and getting smashed.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:49 PM
Integrity
Banned

Originally Posted by davidv
I drove to the scene of the accident last night. I’m south bound on MD43, making a left turn onto Perry Hall Boulevard. I’m second in line waiting for a green arrow. I counted seconds and the green arrow lasted 4 second! Can you believe it! How many cars can turn left in four seconds?

No wonder cars are entering the intersection on a yellow light and getting smashed.
Seriously, see if you can get that on tape. ANY ambulance chasing lawyer worth a sh*t would file a class action lawsuit. It would be a small consolation to the lady involved in the accident, but perhaps it would prevent this **** from happening again.