Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Fairfax County PD and NOVA up to it again...sigh

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 11:38 AM
cbrflyer919

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Fairfax County PD and NOVA up to it again...sigh

Well, Im SURE NONE of you ever drive after a beer or two , but just in case be wary of this. Damn you fairfax!!!

http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/...aper=0&cat=109
Old 02-09-2006, 12:13 PM
huducks

damn who drinks and drives... gosh darn idiots.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:14 PM
djParis
Retired Racer

I have mixed feelings on this. I work at a criminal defense law firm in Fairfax, and on one hand I feel its a violation of our rights. Then again I have almost been hit head on and killed on two different times by drunk drivers, so anything to cut down on drinking and driving I support. If you have one beer and get singled out by this flashlight, just do the sobriety tests....no big deal. If you fail those, you shouldnt have been driving in the first place.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:13 PM
mdracer76
Banned

Its no different than drug sniffing dogs. IMHO.

Point is.. don't drink and drive.

Now... if we could get them to stop harassing modified cars....
Old 02-09-2006, 10:40 PM
hurahn

Virginia is no fun period but I'd CYA and not drive after drinking or wait a bit and then drive home, etc. I had two incidents while I was in the Army that changed my views on drinking and driving. One involved me waking up to see the car changing three lanes to the left on the 410 in San Antonio when the road was going right, coming up really fast on a wall and screaming like a ***** to wake the driver who fell asleep behind the wheel.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:31 AM
Winchm60

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I know this is a different topic, but they now have an unmarked green Ford Explorer cop car. He got me in the neighborhood yesturday. No ticket because his radar was in the wrong direction (i was on a side street) but he heard me and gave me a warning. Didn't know anything about this car.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:49 AM
arlingtonz

Originally Posted by rx7twinturboboy
I know this is a different topic, but they now have an unmarked green Ford Explorer cop car. He got me in the neighborhood yesturday. No ticket because his radar was in the wrong direction (i was on a side street) but he heard me and gave me a warning. Didn't know anything about this car.
Arlington uses Camry's to hide in, they also have Chevy Trucks, and Duramax Diesel, and other "non-normal" cop cars...tricky.

The question I have about the sniffer, besides the breech of civil liberites, is will it pick up the acohol in the car? Say you are the DD for the night, and your boys have been drinking heavily, will the sniffer provide false positives? I am all for stopping Drunk Driving, but I am more against false imprisonment. I can just imagine seeing a cop take a guy, who claims he is the DD down to the station because of the result the sniffer gave.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:54 AM
huducks

Originally Posted by arlingtonz
Arlington uses Camry's to hide in, they also have Chevy Trucks, and Duramax Diesel, and other "non-normal" cop cars...tricky.

The question I have about the sniffer, besides the breech of civil liberites, is will it pick up the acohol in the car? Say you are the DD for the night, and your boys have been drinking heavily, will the sniffer provide false positives? I am all for stopping Drunk Driving, but I am more against false imprisonment. I can just imagine seeing a cop take a guy, who claims he is the DD down to the station because of the result the sniffer gave.
agreed. isnt that the whole point of the dd system?? but if the dd hasnt been drinking, than one would think the field sobriety test would prove that.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:05 AM
cbrflyer919

I was waiting for you to chime in on this Chris, haha.

--Don't get me wrong, I am all for keeping our roads safe, and am opposed to driving drunk. BUT I do see this as one more way to mess with us, and I think it will hurt more than help. I wonder if it will stand up in court at all if an actual breathalyzer is not available at the time.

--I guess I have to take down my Jack Daniels scented "pine tree" now. Damn!!
Old 02-10-2006, 05:36 AM
mdracer76
Banned

I think that the flashlight 'sniffer' is only used to give the officer Probible Causee to perform a field sobriety check. Its not going to give a reading like .08 etc... its just going to alert the officer to the presence of drinking.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:05 AM
Sly_Z

Easy fix, when you leave the bar, put these items on until you get home. When the officer pulls you over, just say I have a rare illness so that you have to talk to him through the mask, sorry

I'll be selling these on ebay under "sniffer blocker".

disclaimer ** you could be mistaken for a cat burglar or terrorist and get shot on sight.
* you could be hit in the head by your own friend as you enter your Z, because he might think you are a car theif stealing his buddy's car.

here's the items:
Attached Thumbnails Fairfax County PD and NOVA up to it again...sigh-141-cs.jpg   Fairfax County PD and NOVA up to it again...sigh-8210plus.jpg  

Last edited by Sly_Z; 02-10-2006 at 07:17 AM.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:21 AM
cbrflyer919

Originally Posted by Sly_Z
Easy fix, when you leave the bar, put these items on until you get home. When the officer pulls you over, just say I have a rare illness so that you have to talk to him through the mask, sorry

I'll be selling these on ebay under "sniffer blocker".

disclaimer ** you could be mistaken for a cat burglar or terrorist and get shot on sight.
* you could be hit in the head by your own friend as you enter your Z, because he might think you are a car theif stealing his buddy's car.

here's the items:

Thats awesome, haha. Can I get one with a Michael Jackson style white glove as well.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:23 AM
Sly_Z

Glitter Gloves are sold seperately
Old 02-10-2006, 07:23 AM
valdeztke

Just get drunk and pick up chicks on the metro .....

Right guys? or should I say Oakdawg?
Old 02-11-2006, 04:31 PM
05-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a green F150 pickup with chrome wheels FFXPD uses also, always on Rt 50. Just look for the lights behind the grill.

Herndon Police have an Eclipse they use to get everyone with.