Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

5k launch on drag radials...owned

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006 | 01:44 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Lol soooo much power....glad you got it covered though
Old 03-15-2006 | 01:49 PM
BamBam

MY GOD... he actually paid for it.... LMFAO.... that is soo cool.

I love it... 'You Launched too hard.' I didn't launch I stalled and jerked... 'You launched too hard'. He knew damn well what happened

That is just too funny.
Congrats man on getting it taken care of. You got nuts...

Now what you should do is get some DSS Level3 axles and do it again....

--B
Old 03-15-2006 | 03:39 PM
DomZ

Originally Posted by Osix350Z
I was there.. it was ugly..
Did you run?
Old 03-15-2006 | 03:57 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

No, he was scared, stuck in the pits looking for his testicular fortitude....

BTW Bob-judging by how nasty stiff your shifter was to get in gear, your tranny is next-Ill give it less than 2 months....
Old 03-15-2006 | 06:28 PM
raptorbh12

haha man thank god im not the only one that rips off sheehy Nissan. Ive gotten enough replacement parts to cover the entire cost of my car from them!
Old 03-15-2006 | 06:38 PM
MurphysZ

Originally Posted by SilverstonE-O6
:Phone rings:........
Me: Hello?
Nissan Rep: Robert?
Me: Yes.
Nissan Rep: You snapped your left axle. Those modifications you have done to your Z produced to much power for your stock axles to handle We shouldn't cover this because of your modifications, but I will this time and this time only. You must have launched your car to hard. Be careful, dont let it happen again. We cannot refund your tow cost though.
Me: I didnt launch it, it stalled and jerked forward....
Nissan Rep:......You launched it to hard and snapped your left Axle. Your modifications gave you a considerable amount of power over stock and your axles cant handle that. Ill have your car done by 6.
Me:.....Thanks.

He told me about all my mods. Plenum spacer, intake, test pipes exhaust. HAHA this guy actually knew what he was looking at. He also suggested that I get a camber kit lol fukin smart *** But yea, they covered the axles. Warranty: 1 Nissan: 0 Wonder whats next
You owe this guy. I'm glad it all worked out for you bro. If the worst you have to do is pay the tow bill you made out great! What Nissan Dealership did the car go to?
Old 03-15-2006 | 07:28 PM
SilverstonE-O6

Sheehy Nissan of Glen burnie. And Yes, I got one run in before I broke and my fukin VDC was on. Launched and went into 2nd and the car just cut back. Talk about being EXTREMELY frusterated. Ran a 13.7 heh not to bad for VDC. The track was SO sticky, I didnt have time to figure out my best launch.... my **** just broke cause i'm a special ed student. Sold the drag radials to my bro. Saving for some better axles and some 19's of some sort. Got a credit card to pay off now. Gotta get that out of the way first. My best time was a 13.4, which was my first time to the track with my Z. Fuking spinning all of first, I still need more seat time to get my launch down to get my real numbers. Gotta take my Z back to Nissan tommorow and talk to someone else about my gear box. The guy there today said it felt fine... bull. That sh*t is so fuked up. Barely drivable. Gonna try and talk to someone different this time. But the car drives fine =) Free axles make me feel happy What hurt the most out of all this was the $263 tow from M.I.R to my house in pasadena, that and the tow to nissan from my house another $77
Old 03-16-2006 | 05:18 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

good job bob,did you get the job after you hosed them.seems like that service advisor was a little smarter then most,stay away from him the next time.
Old 03-16-2006 | 05:29 AM
Gooey

hmm i rather goto a service advisor who knows his stuff. Maybe he wont blame the faults on the mods if he knows his stuff.
But watch out he may be a creeper in the forums...Thats why he said you launched it too hard!?!
Old 03-16-2006 | 06:15 AM
SilverstonE-O6

Advice taken, thread will self destruct in 5 seconds.......
Old 03-16-2006 | 06:19 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Gooey
But watch out he may be a creeper in the forums...Thats why he said you launched it too hard!?!
AHAHA I just remembered, there is a white Z driven by an employee at Sheehy, Im almost positive he browses the forums but doesnt post. I was up there 1X he told me he ran 13.7 stock, which if he did, he'd prolly posted it. It now has ghey as all *** graphics down the side, and is slow.
Old 03-16-2006 | 06:40 AM
DomZ

Originally Posted by Alberto
No, he was scared, stuck in the pits looking for his testicular fortitude....
Haha, maybe he should stick to the dynoooo

J/k bud
Old 03-16-2006 | 06:43 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Well, he now owns the DR's so Im sure Mike will put them to good use. Just hope he doesnt follow in his bros footsteps...
Old 03-16-2006 | 06:46 AM
DomZ

Good stuff, good luck man...
Old 03-16-2006 | 06:53 AM
bboypuertoroc

Good thing you got your **** replaced for free.
Old 03-16-2006 | 08:47 AM
Osix350Z
Banned

I was gonna run tomorrow at Capital.. but the weather looks like its gonna be ****ty.. The reason I didn't run at MIR is because I didn't wanna pay 30 bucks to spin on street tires.. I don't have alot of experience with drag racing, so i figured I would wait until I had some traction... I have some DR's now, I'll be up at the track the first day the weather is decent. I haven't been infront of the tree in about 2 and a half years, so mid to high 13s sound about right until I get the feel for launching.
Old 03-16-2006 | 08:56 AM
mikead_99

Originally Posted by Gooey
Haha, no doubt that rep has seen this thread. That was exactly what I thought when I read the coversation replay.

Good to hear you got a cool service rep though. Not that I plan on running into problems myself, but I hope if I do the guys at Sheehy in Manassas are as cool as the MD store.
Old 03-16-2006 | 11:41 AM
SilverstonE-O6

Yea, the guy I spoke to was cool. Just found out I need a new tranny also. They are also going to cover that The guy was straight up about it, saying either take the mods off or upgrade my axles, which Im going to do in the near future. But all in all this worked out pretty good. New tranny, new axles. MMMMMMM I love my Z.
Old 03-16-2006 | 11:55 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Yea, the guy I spoke to was cool. Just found out I need a new tranny also. They are also going to cover that The guy was straight up about it, saying either take the mods off or upgrade my axles, which Im going to do in the near future. But all in all this worked out pretty good. New tranny, new axles. MMMMMMM I love my Z.
thats cool as **** now you need to go give him a big wet kiss.
Old 03-16-2006 | 12:01 PM
BamBam

Ur lucky as $h!t... My dealer told me a while back to stop even bringing my car to him for regular scheduled maintenance. They did not even want to see it for oil changes.... They advised going to Ferrari from now on... LOL

Quick Reply: 5k launch on drag radials...owned