Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

getting a bike -- lessons and such?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 03:19 PM
widebody350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would putting a 750 in it reduce the value? The reason why it is cheaper is because I dumped it and it still needs the lower right side fairings if you want to *pimp* it. It works perfectly fine and many people especially if it is their first bike will drop it fairly soon. If you look at it the bike is a real good deal. A paint job + the fairings should be under a grand which would still put the bike atleast $500 below the cheapest in 03 600. I just need to get a TT system to back up my looks for the summer.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:52 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by widebody350
Why would putting a 750 in it reduce the value? The reason why it is cheaper is because I dumped it and it still needs the lower right side fairings if you want to *pimp* it. It works perfectly fine and many people especially if it is their first bike will drop it fairly soon. If you look at it the bike is a real good deal. A paint job + the fairings should be under a grand which would still put the bike atleast $500 below the cheapest in 03 600. I just need to get a TT system to back up my looks for the summer.
Becuase it's hard to price out anything that's modded to that point. I bet a few dealerships wouldnt even take it on trade in.

Think about it like this, if you saw a 350Z with 15K miles on it that had a 3.0TT motor from a 300ZX in it, would you pay KBB for the car? What are the chances the motor was installed as a hack job? how long will things hold up? who did the work? what about inspections and smog.... list goes on.

bottom line. when it comes to resale values, Stock > modded car/bike/anything.

I must not be the only person that thinks like that becuase you've had the bike for sale before in another thread and your price IMO is super cheap for an 03 GSX-R 600. I think your perfect target person is a future stunter. It'd make a great bike for that.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:57 AM
k3silk

hey when it gets nice out anyone down to ride i got a k3 and my boys all drive kawi zx10s and 12s i need some suzuki riders with me.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:06 AM
widebody350

It was done at Fastlane cycles which is a reputable shop. Comparing it to a 350z with a 300zx motor is completely wrong and it would be more like comparing it to a 350z w/ a 4.3l w6 or the M45's V8 which would actually allow it to retain a good value for people who wanted the performance. As far as how no one has responded I have had several people interested and maybe the reason why there isn't more people interested is because this is a 350z forum not a bike forum and some people are scared off since the bike was dropped. You are correct though about the stunter thing and many people who are in to stunting have shown a lot of interest.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:34 AM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by widebody350
It was done at Fastlane cycles which is a reputable shop. Comparing it to a 350z with a 300zx motor is completely wrong and it would be more like comparing it to a 350z w/ a 4.3l w6 or the M45's V8 which would actually allow it to retain a good value for people who wanted the performance. As far as how no one has responded I have had several people interested and maybe the reason why there isn't more people interested is because this is a 350z forum not a bike forum and some people are scared off since the bike was dropped. You are correct though about the stunter thing and many people who are in to stunting have shown a lot of interest.
Still not true, even if you had the larger motor in there you would still have to find that small market that wants that done.

Even with it being a 350Z board I've had people ask about my honda.

I just know from first hand, modded items are harder to sell.

plus a 3.0TT in a 350Z isnt unheard of I've seen it done before, back in the day when they first came out there was a lot more options when modding the 3.0TT then the 3.5.

Why is it again most people return their cars to stock before selling them?