Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Weekend at Z Beach - September 16th & 17th

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006 | 11:04 AM
roark

Default Weekend at Z Beach - September 16th & 17th

Weekend at Z Beach

Tidewater Z Car Club and Tidewater Sports Car Club are coordinating a weekend Z event in Virginia Beach, Virginia, September 16th and 17th. The festivities will include:
  • Saturday Test & Tune - held at the Little Creek Amphibious Base, one of the best autocross sites on the east coast. From 10am until around 1pm you can bring your Z out and stretch its legs a bit. We'll have slalom, skidpad, braking zone and other testing mechanisms set up for you to try out. We'll have seasoned autocrossers on hand to help you out if you'd like. If you've ever thought about autocrossing your Z, but didn't want the pressure of debuting at a live event, here's your opportunity to see what it's like in a no-pressure atmosphere. If you're a seasoned autocrosser, and want some time to dial in your suspension or just want more seat time, this event is perfect for you too. Registration for the Test & Tune is open now at http://www.autocross.us/cgi-bin/TZCC/Register.cgi You must be registered by Tuesday, September 13th, and the event is limited to 25 cars. We'll have a waiting list if interest is strong. The price is only $20/driver for this event and the proceeds go to the Food Bank of Hampton Roads, so come out, have fun, and help out a worthy cause.
  • Saturday Afternoon Cuise-In - Held at Jenro's Classic Pub in Virginia Beach (10 minutes from Little Creek.) Once the Test & Tune is wrapped up, we'll spend the afternoon hanging out, partaking of fine foods and beverages, and checking out cars of every vintage, make and model. This is a FREE event.
  • Sunday TSCC Autocross - at Little Creek Amphibious Base, is the fastest growing autocross series in the area. The location is ideal, the concrete is prestine, and TSCC has first rate equipment, including FM transmitter so you can hear what the announcers are saying about you and your competitors. Registration for this event opens on Sunday, September 10th at http://www.tidewatersportscarclub.com. Price for this event is $20/driver, due the morning of the event at the registration trailer.
Hotel Accomodations - A group rate has been established at The Comfort Inn Little Creek, 5189 Shore Drive, Virginia Beach, (757) 460-5566 of $109/night. The group ID is Tidewater Sports Car Club. The cutoff date for this group rate is September 12th., so make your reservations soon.

Directions - From the Hampton Roads Beltway (I-64) take Northampton Blvd (US-13) North 1.6 Miles. Turn left (north) on Diamond Springs Rd (Rt-166) for 1.4 Miles. Turn right (east) onto Shore Drive for approx. 1 mile to Gate 3, Helicopter Road. Follow the signs into the visitor/commercial vehicle line where your name will be on the visitor list (if you've signed up, of course.) Once through gate 3, follow Helicopter Rd. north for about 1.5 miles where it will turn left and continue another .5 miles straight into the ACU-4 complex. If a guard is not at that gate to check you in, proceed to the quarterdeck (red awning, center of the building) and sign in there. Once checked in, drive around the right side of the building and onto the amphibious landing craft pad (you should see lots of cones!) park your car with the others and come sign in at the registration trailer.

special thanks go to Jim Haltom at http://www.autocross.us for providing the registration page. Check out the site for tons of great videos, forums about autocross events, and lots of other cool stuff.

If I've missed anything, just ask. We're going to have a great time and there may be some give-aways and raffles thrown in for good measure.
Attached Thumbnails Weekend at Z Beach - September 16th & 17th-acu-4-013-061806.jpg   Weekend at Z Beach - September 16th & 17th-acu-4-28-061806.jpg   Weekend at Z Beach - September 16th & 17th-acu-4-35-061806.jpg  
Old 08-11-2006 | 01:21 PM
PumpedVA

Might just check this out.
Old 08-11-2006 | 03:00 PM
Zincognito

I am down for this. see you guys there!
Old 08-11-2006 | 04:39 PM
driverdog

Nice write up Jim,

Let me add this is very unusual to have a test and tune at this location. The test and tune is a great way to experience what autocrossing is all about. If you like gettng your adrenilne going while driving your car, this is the way to do it.

We expect this to fill fast so don't procrastinate in signing up.

I hope to see you all there.
Old 08-13-2006 | 05:12 AM
driverdog

I went to Jenro's yesterday and talked with Rich Z. and Chris W.. They are now on the access list to see what ACU4 autocross is all about from a spectator point of view for the upcoming Aug 20th event.

This might give you guys a gentle nudge to sign up for the test and tune on Sept 16th. So if you want to join us at this event (August 20th)to spectate PM me with your name and that of any guest, bring a photo ID and follow the directions in the attatched post. Also I need your names no later than tuesday night as they are turned in to the Base.

See:

http://www.autocross.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=1659

Last edited by driverdog; 08-13-2006 at 05:20 AM.
Old 08-13-2006 | 02:51 PM
roark

Jim,

I almost called you yesterday about going to Jenro's. I was still nursing a hangover from Friday night, so I decided to sleep it off instead.

If you plan on coming to the Test & Tune, remember to follow the link above and get registered. I'll make sure to e-mail everyone who's coming from out of town when the Sunday Autocross registration is opening up.

Jim
Old 08-13-2006 | 03:11 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic
Premier Member

will keep this in mind
Old 08-13-2006 | 03:24 PM
roark

John,

I hope you can make it. It would be great to meet in person. Is your wife back from deployment yet?

Go ahead and register, we can always free up your spot later if you find you can't make it.

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
will keep this in mind
Old 08-13-2006 | 03:28 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by roark
John,

I hope you can make it. It would be great to meet in person. Is your wife back from deployment yet?

Go ahead and register, we can always free up your spot later if you find you can't make it.
She will not be back until Dec/Jan time frame.

I will register to reserve my spot.
Old 08-13-2006 | 04:35 PM
driverdog

Originally Posted by roark
Jim,

I almost called you yesterday about going to Jenro's. I was still nursing a hangover from Friday night, so I decided to sleep it off instead.

If you plan on coming to the Test & Tune, remember to follow the link above and get registered. I'll make sure to e-mail everyone who's coming from out of town when the Sunday Autocross registration is opening up.

Jim
Jim I try to go to Jenros on off Autocross weekends. I had to work part of Saturday and part of Sunday but was able to get a little of Jenros in on Sat.

Jim
Old 08-14-2006 | 05:22 PM
Axelerate

WOW a t&t at ACU4 is awesome! I've been wanting to go to one, since, well since the first auto-x at Little Creek.

Unfortuantly I work Saturdays and I have been using alot of vacation and sick time lately, so I've got to be a good little employee for a while.

Defeinetly worth the $20, you wont regret it.
Old 08-15-2006 | 04:17 AM
04Bluez

Just signed up see you guys there.
Old 08-15-2006 | 11:35 AM
roark

Understand. I was really hoping to get a chance to run your car and see how that new LSD feels. Try to make it out to Jenro's after you get off work.

Originally Posted by Axelerate
WOW a t&t at ACU4 is awesome! I've been wanting to go to one, since, well since the first auto-x at Little Creek.

Unfortuantly I work Saturdays and I have been using alot of vacation and sick time lately, so I've got to be a good little employee for a while.

Defeinetly worth the $20, you wont regret it.
Old 08-15-2006 | 11:36 AM
roark

I just saw you on the list. Glad you can make it.

Originally Posted by 04Bluez
Just signed up see you guys there.
Old 08-15-2006 | 12:30 PM
PumpedVA

I am not planing on tracking my car so what time you think everybody will roll in Jenro's?
Old 08-15-2006 | 04:38 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Most people roll in there between 2-4 pm.
Old 08-15-2006 | 07:53 PM
GMZ

I am section leader on saturday, no fun for me
Old 08-16-2006 | 01:08 PM
Zincognito

I will make Jenros this Saturday. Too bad for you non-Z owner....*ahem* Omar....
Old 08-16-2006 | 04:17 PM
roark

I had Jim Haltom add car types for other Datsun, other Nissan and Infiniti so we can also enjoy the company of our 'siblings' and 'cousins'
Old 08-16-2006 | 05:18 PM
Axelerate

Oh, it's NEXT month.

I thought it was this Saturday. I might be able to attend then. I'm gonna sign up and if I cant get off, I'll let everyone know.

Quick Reply: Weekend at Z Beach - September 16th & 17th