Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Official 9-10-06 Skyline Drive Picture thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 04:35 AM
gregszx23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waaaasssssuuuupppp!!

Well it's time for me to add my little bit! Thanks again David for setting this up. We had a great time and everyone was so nice. In this day and age it's great to be able to come together with people from all races/backgrounds and truly have a great time! I just wanted to say hey to everyone I met and for those I really didn't get to chat with. I hope will meet up another time. Please Please anytime there is something like this going on contact me.

Well here are my picture contributions, just a few!

Old 09-12-2006, 06:02 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Nice pics!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:21 AM
behjjeh
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Tara
hii everyone!! its tara, jons girlfriend (the ones from california)!! i just wanted to say hii and to thank everyone for having and attending the skyline cruise!! ive never been there before so it was really nice!! i hope to catch up with everyone again soon =)
hey hey! i didn't know ur model~
Old 09-12-2006, 07:18 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's my contribution .... enjoy

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 09-12-2006 at 07:22 AM.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:05 AM
Silkk

Well, the Z is being tore down as we speak.

I was hoping for just a headgasket, but it appears as it may be an entire cracked head at 78k miles. We'll see what they say when they call this afternoon.

What to do now? OEM Heads from nissan? Port and polished heads from someone on the board? Used OEM heads from marketplace? Put in some Nismo cams while its apart?

Note I would like to keep it NA (with mods in sig + reflash coming) and I drive the car about 20k a year...
Old 09-12-2006, 08:57 AM
BamBam

Silkk, man I am really sorry about your engine dude, but trust me I know what it feels like. Good luck with whatever you decide. My only words of advice, do a lot of reading up on the boards before making any decisions and expect it to take 2-3 times longer then you are told it will... :| Trust me, I know.
I would also make sure you get EVERY BIT of cost written down for parts & labor. You will be surprised how quickly a few 'forgotten but absolutely required' parts turn into thousands of extra $$$$ at the last minute.

Back to the OP, great pics everyone. I wish I had more time to talk with you all, but things happen. Next time for sure.!
--B
Old 09-12-2006, 09:05 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by Silkk

I was hoping for just a headgasket, but it appears as it may be an entire cracked head at 78k miles. We'll see what they say when they call this afternoon.

What to do now? OEM Heads from nissan? Port and polished heads from someone on the board? Used OEM heads from marketplace? Put in some Nismo cams while its apart?

Note I would like to keep it NA (with mods in sig + reflash coming) and I drive the car about 20k a year...

Whoa! wow.. keep us posted.. hopefully its not a cracked head! What about picking up some ported and polished heads? with cams installed.. I can't recall the name of the company.. but I think brent may have them on his Z
Old 09-12-2006, 09:24 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

edit: nevermind

damn that blows. I guess things can only get better now ...

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 09-12-2006 at 09:30 AM.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Silkk

Well, apparently it wasn't coolant that was running out of my exhaust even though it looked greenish and was causing a ton of white smoke. I was sure it was coolant, but maybe not...

Apparently it was 93 octane fuel?! Supposedly injectors #1 and 3 are screwed? They want to replace all 6 injectors for $1400.

What are everyones thoughts on this?!
Old 09-12-2006, 11:01 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, apparently it wasn't coolant that was running out of my exhaust even though it looked greenish and was causing a ton of white smoke. I was sure it was coolant, but maybe not...

Apparently it was 93 octane fuel?! Supposedly injectors #1 and 3 are screwed? They want to replace all 6 injectors for $1400.

What are everyones thoughts on this?!
That's really odd....any fuel getting into the exhaust should be burning off in the cats, not running out the tail-pipes. That much raw fuel would also destroy your oil, and likely thusly your cylinder walls. How does your oil look? Is it clean?

And $1400 is REALLY expensive. I paid less than half that for my RC 440 injectors. I realize you don't need to go up in size, but I'd imagine you can replace these much cheaper yourself. If I still had my old set, I'd give 'em to you (they don't fit in the Viper). Check the marketplace and find a set from someone who's gone F/I. Don't get butt-raped by the dealer. This is all assuming that they're right, but I don't see it. If there was unburned fuel coming out your exhaust, you'd be seeing fuel in your oil and your cylinders would be trashed from the lack of lubrication.

Was the smoke a dirty grey-ish, or was it definitely white? Raw fuel doesn't burn white.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Silkk

See >> below.

Originally Posted by kcobean
That's really odd....any fuel getting into the exhaust should be burning off in the cats, not running out the tail-pipes. That much raw fuel would also destroy your oil, and likely thusly your cylinder walls. How does your oil look? Is it clean?

>> Car is at the dealer kelly, so I can't tell how the oil looks. Before the car was towed I pulled the dipstick and looked at it and it looked OK, just a little watery...

And $1400 is REALLY expensive. I paid less than half that for my RC 440 injectors. I realize you don't need to go up in size, but I'd imagine you can replace these much cheaper yourself. If I still had my old set, I'd give 'em to you (they don't fit in the Viper). Check the marketplace and find a set from someone who's gone F/I. Don't get butt-raped by the dealer. This is all assuming that they're right, but I don't see it. If there was unburned fuel coming out your exhaust, you'd be seeing fuel in your oil and your cylinders would be trashed from the lack of lubrication.

>> This is what I'm attempting to do now. Locate some used injectors and have them installed much cheaper. If that solves the problem, spectacular. If not, then I guess look for other causes. There wasn't a TON of liquid fuel coming out, but probably 1/2 cup. And much of this was after the engine was shut down and the car was being loaded on the flat bed... While it ran, it was mostly just burned up in a greyish white smoke... Mostly white however.

>> I did speak with my Uncle who owns a garage and he said that with bad injectors some fuel definitely might make it out the rear in liquid form. He also said if I didn't run the car long it may not have caused any internal damage other than a good washing down of the cylidner walls... ? For the record, I ran the car maybe 1 mile after this first began. The engine seemed to run fine other than the smoke and odd sound. Perfect oil PSI, idle, etc.

Was the smoke a dirty grey-ish, or was it definitely white? Raw fuel doesn't burn white.

>> See above. It was mostly white, but maybe a tinge of grey?
Old 09-12-2006, 12:20 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

See >> below.
That's interesting. I would without a doubt change your oil, as it's definitely toast (dealer will probably do it.) If they are right that you have 2 stuck injectors (the odds of which seem astronomically small to me), I personally would do a compression test for piece of mind. It's good that you got off of it quickly, I hope it was quickly enough.

I'll be interested to hear the final root-cause and resolution.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:27 PM
Silkk

Will keep you up to date Kelly. Seems odd to me too, but I guess you need to start somewhere in fixing the problems.

I plan to change the oil before ever running the car again, of course.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:27 PM
Silkk

^ And compression test is also in my plans...
Old 09-12-2006, 02:27 PM
SIL350
Amber Lynn

Hi guys, just wanted to say that Jesse and I (Amber ) had a great time! Thank you Dave for arranging the cruise. We should do another one when the leaves are changing. That would make for some great pictures! We can't wait until the next meet. Here are a few of the many pictures we took.

Old 09-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Silkk

I vote for another cruise after leaves change as well. I want in on this one... Car should be running by then. *crosses fingers*
Old 09-12-2006, 05:10 PM
05-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1....

Sorry to hear about you and Mike, I'm sure there will be another next time.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:23 PM
mdracer76
Banned

I vote for another cruise after leaves change as well. I want in on this one... Car should be running by then. *crosses fingers*
I hope so too! Took a look at her tonight.. put a new battery in it (thanks for the hand steven!)

took it aound the block for a while.. brought her back in the garage.. and left her running. Disconnected the batery.. and it still ran.. hrm.. maybe its not the alternator.... then .. I turned on the lights... boom.. car died. bad alternator...

Bad Alternator > Z
Old 09-12-2006, 07:21 PM
Anu2g

Originally Posted by Hot Cu
Ryan, Red 06 Track, and "05 Z" -That was some serious cruzin! That was so much fun! 211 rocks.

I was so glad to see a good turnout for this meet. Everyone there were good people and I hope to see you at the next meet but next time we need a better turnout with more Z's and G's.

Mike-Sorry to hear about your break down, hope all is well.

Everyone who posted pics, they are all well done, great pics!
I'm the red 06...drive back was awesome. I was little iffy in the beginning of 211 when it was one lane and moving slow, but once it opened up, WOT
Old 09-13-2006, 08:10 AM
behjjeh
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Anu2g
I'm the red 06...drive back was awesome. I was little iffy in the beginning of 211 when it was one lane and moving slow, but once it opened up, WOT
yep.. that was crazy..
i was too tired to keep up..

Quick Reply: Official 9-10-06 Skyline Drive Picture thread