Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

A "posing" tribute to Kelly's old Z

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006 | 07:57 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by Driven1
In my opinion. No matter who "owns" the car, its still Kelly's car. Just the way it goes when you buy someone else's hard work.
good point ... but this kid can claim neither ... he just so happened to be driving by when Kelly was getting a shoot done with his car. Kelly was gracious enough to get a pic of him in front of the car and email it to him. All I can say is Karma's a B!tch.
Old 10-04-2006 | 09:01 AM
fairladyinit

I agree with Karl. Kelly paid and built that car himself. Other people shouldn't get credit for his work.
Old 10-04-2006 | 09:06 AM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

looking at the photo i was thinking... someone took a lot of time to make that photo look legit. the shadow casting and everything. looks like some government work. haha! but i guess it is real!
Old 10-04-2006 | 09:20 AM
Zincognito

I can already see this getting out of hand.....lol
Old 10-04-2006 | 09:49 AM
bboypuertoroc

Subscribing to watch hilarity ensue...
Old 10-04-2006 | 09:55 AM
bam025

photoshoppers UNITE!!!!
Old 10-04-2006 | 09:55 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

Karl, since it's 'his car', you should ask him to provide one more picture with him in front of it. THAT should yield some interesting PS work.
Old 10-04-2006 | 09:59 AM
fairladyinit

^lol^
Old 10-04-2006 | 10:01 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by kcobean
Karl, since it's 'his car', you should ask him to provide one more picture with him in front of it. THAT should yield some interesting PS work.
I'm dying to see his reply after I supplied him with a link to this thread. But yeah that will be my next move ....

--> crazy/insane/evil laugh ...
Old 10-04-2006 | 10:02 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by fairladyinit
I agree with Karl. Kelly paid and built that car himself. Other people shouldn't get credit for his work.

Ok....and....Kelly also sold the car. Anyone who builds and displays their vehicles for show, knows that unless the car gets parted out, someone is going to try and say it is their own once they get rid of it. We all know its not, and the car is pretty distinctive and speaks for itself. I also, recall the car being for sale once again because the new owner had personal things to deal with. So who knows who actually owns the car now.

And I still haven't seen where he claims the work was "his". Are people not entitled to drive and enjoy someone else's work? If thats the case, go tell all the guys who pay $$$$$$$$ for Foose, Boyd Coddington, or other custom builder's cars that it can't be "their" car.

Other than that, we have way too much time on our hands to be worried about this stuff and harrassing this guy. I mean, so what happens if someone asked to see it? Whats he gonna say then? He'll look like an idiot because he doesn't have it and its "his" problem for lying.

I dont see Kelly getting all worked up over this. I believe he actually laughed.

Last edited by Driven1; 10-04-2006 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-04-2006 | 10:04 AM
fairladyinit

ok how do I do that.
Old 10-04-2006 | 10:06 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Ok....and....Kelly also sold the car. Anyone who builds and displays their vehicles for show, knows that unless the car gets parted out, someone is going to try and say it is their own once they get rid of it. We all know its not, and the car is pretty distinctive and speaks for itself.

And I still haven't seen where he claims the work was "his". Are people not entitled to drive and enjoy someone else's work? If thats the case, go tell all the guys who pay $$$$$$$$ for Foose, Boyd Coddington, or other custom builder's cars that it can't be "their" car.
I should have been more explicit ... look at post #7 and #17 ...

I sent a message on myspace asking if that's his Z (#7). His reply (barely readable #17) basically came back saying "Still My ZZZZZZ".

Kelly didn't sell it to this guy ... he sold to a guy down south who's loaded and a big time car enthusiast. He bought it for his wife. (Correct me if I'm wrong Kelly).

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 10-04-2006 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-04-2006 | 10:12 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
I should have been more explicit ... look at post #7 and #17 ...

I sent a message on myspace asking if that's his Z (#7). His reply (barely readable #17) basically came back saying "Still My ZZZZZZ".

Kelly didn't sell it to this guy ... he sold to a guy down south who's loaded and a big time car enthusiast. He bought it for his wife. (Correct me if I'm wrong Kelly).
Karl, I understand he doesn't actually own the car, but if you look at his page he never claims he does. He only does when someone confronts him as it being "his". Other than that, he just has a picture in front of the car.
Old 10-04-2006 | 10:23 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Karl, I understand he doesn't actually own the car, but if you look at his page he never claims he does. He only does when someone confronts him as it being "his". Other than that, he just has a picture in front of the car.
Yeah I know ... that's why I was little shocked that he messaged me back saying it was his. I would say most people would point out if a car is theirs or not. If you look at his profile he's all about attracting "da ladies". Oh well ... Atleast it's entertaining
Old 10-04-2006 | 12:54 PM
stillnz

Haha this **** is entertaining, almost as good as the twins thread. Good job Oakley.
Old 10-04-2006 | 02:25 PM
Sly_Z

I just sent him another message titled "Still think it's your Z?"

"Our forum is getting a kick out you trying to claim that this is your Z. It was actually one of our moderator's Zs (kcobean) and he sold it to a Lady down south. Still think you own this car?

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....39#post2837939

BTW: Thanks for the entertainment.
"

Karl, you should have told hom that we all know you are the delivery guy that passed buy and asked for a photo with the car. hahahaha
Old 10-04-2006 | 02:26 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

You're absolutely right. And while I agree with Driven1 that he never explicitly stated it was his car, it's funny that he claimed it as his when you called him out. He's not the first to do it though. Remember the "how do you like my brother's car" thread? ROFL
Old 10-04-2006 | 02:30 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Wow-funny stuff. Kelly-your a nice guy man, I wouldnt let somebody takea pic with my car to keep stuff like that from happeneing, even though it is entertaining. I hope he reads this and realizes how silly he looks. That slide show on his page--->there is a pic of him and a girl on a Ducati, I wonder if its his or if he saw it out sat on it and snapped a pic! Call it a hunch but I doubt he owns that
Old 10-04-2006 | 02:32 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART
Premier Member

Originally Posted by kcobean
Remember the "how do you like my brother's car" thread? ROFL
Omg that thread was so funny....def a my350z.com classic
Old 10-04-2006 | 03:03 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by Alberto
Wow-funny stuff. Kelly-your a nice guy man, I wouldnt let somebody takea pic with my car to keep stuff like that from happeneing, even though it is entertaining. I hope he reads this and realizes how silly he looks. That slide show on his page--->there is a pic of him and a girl on a Ducati, I wonder if its his or if he saw it out sat on it and snapped a pic! Call it a hunch but I doubt he owns that
yep I saw that as well ... he's wearing ducati leathers as well ... still don't think it belongs to him ...

Quick Reply: A "posing" tribute to Kelly's old Z