Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

New Video for my Mid-A friends...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006 | 06:25 AM
STREETTRENZ MAG
Banned

Default hmmmm

hks has a speed limit defencer. have you looked in to that see if it works with your car???

i havent had the time to look but if i find out more i will let you know.
Old 10-17-2006 | 06:28 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

I had it removed by Technosquare, and TN put it back when they reflashed it, no need to find out more man, I'll get around to getting it off
Old 10-17-2006 | 06:35 AM
STREETTRENZ MAG
Banned

Originally Posted by Alberto
I had it removed by Technosquare, and TN put it back when they reflashed it, no need to find out more man, I'll get around to getting it off

no prob. man tryin to help out. there are a few other speed shops in md that could do that for you i think.
Old 10-17-2006 | 06:36 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Damn 'berto... that thing just keeps pulling and pulling... WOW!
Old 10-17-2006 | 12:16 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Yeah it sure is fun. I am very happy with the set-up
Old 10-17-2006 | 12:27 PM
abui01

Yeah it sure is fun. I am very happy with the set-up
How daily drivable is your car? I'm looking to do a setup somewhere around the range of 530whp as well but don't want to hassle with having a beater taking up more space on my driveway.
Old 10-17-2006 | 01:23 PM
bboypuertoroc

That's... it? Whooptie-doo.

Tony (God that's fast)
Old 10-17-2006 | 01:33 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Originally Posted by abui01
How daily drivable is your car? I'm looking to do a setup somewhere around the range of 530whp as well but don't want to hassle with having a beater taking up more space on my driveway.
Depends what your limits are. Few examples....cars with large injectors are hard to start when warm, as the motor gets flooded and will crank but wont start-unless you get used to pumping gas and timing it right. Id look like a newb at gas stations all the time for the firstweek or two (cranking with no success), now I can start it on the first "try" 90% of the time. This ATS triple disc (not needed for 520whp) is a french ***** to drive! VERY hard and chattery, trust me Im used to hard clutches (from other cars) this one takes it. You just need to be way more cautious, first 2 gears you get sideways quick, so getting into throttle is crucial, so basically in the winter time you will likely spin through 3rd, making your fun factor ZERO and making you very cautious when getting into boost-dont even get me started in the rain. Little things that for some could get old quick, for me, a small price to pay for blurring acceleration. Oh and the boosted gas mileage 10-12mpg no BS. I drive like 60 miles to and from work and I burn 1/4 tank easy its a gas hog!
Old 10-17-2006 | 01:34 PM
JLT

you need me to take a ride with my mini dv recorder and microphone, and ill edit it on final cut for you. pm me and we'll make it happen before i go to florida!
Old 10-17-2006 | 01:36 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

^^I'd love to but Im so busy I doubt we'd make something hapen, when you leaving? As it gets colder I'll be out less as well-for the above mentioned reasons
Old 10-17-2006 | 02:12 PM
abui01

Depends what your limits are. Few examples....cars with large injectors are hard to start when warm, as the motor gets flooded and will crank but wont start-unless you get used to pumping gas and timing it right. Id look like a newb at gas stations all the time for the firstweek or two (cranking with no success), now I can start it on the first "try" 90% of the time. This ATS triple disc (not needed for 520whp) is a french ***** to drive! VERY hard and chattery, trust me Im used to hard clutches (from other cars) this one takes it. You just need to be way more cautious, first 2 gears you get sideways quick, so getting into throttle is crucial, so basically in the winter time you will likely spin through 3rd, making your fun factor ZERO and making you very cautious when getting into boost-dont even get me started in the rain. Little things that for some could get old quick, for me, a small price to pay for blurring acceleration. Oh and the boosted gas mileage 10-12mpg no BS. I drive like 60 miles to and from work and I burn 1/4 tank easy its a gas hog!
I'm used to super hard clutches too from my previous fully built N/A monster, but it seems as if the "going sideways" from 1-3 doesn't seem too appealing especially in this area where we encounter traffic lights every 5 mins and the majority of the time spent is in 1st through 3rd. I've readup on the startup problem with cars running large injectors, it seems to be a PITA. With gas prices as well, you get the mpg of a Hummer, I suppose you go through a full tank within 200 miles? Thanks for clearing things up, was about to drop 15k into a built motor and twins, no hardcore FI setup for me, probably stick to softcore 400whp
Old 10-17-2006 | 02:22 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Driving hard yeah 200 miles or so on a tank. Even partial boost it will go sideways on cold/wet roads. FWIW-my "softcore" TN set-up got about the same mileage, but Id dead hook from a 1st gear roll back then!
Old 10-17-2006 | 06:01 PM
momo 350z

that car is a beast man..glad to see you got it back on the rd finally and not pimpin the ford anymore..next time your up near dorsey i gotta come take a look.screw the look i need to take a ride in that thing..
Old 10-17-2006 | 06:11 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

I drive the beater Mon-Wed, and drive the Z Thursday-Sunday (tillI put it away for winter) if its not raining out. I'll be up around there Thursday.
Old 10-17-2006 | 08:50 PM
bboypuertoroc

I showed the wifey the vid 3 times in a row.... she immediately told me that I'm not allowed to have a car that fast.

Thanks buddy.

Tony (friends are friends, pals are pals, buddies are ****ers... thanks buddy)
Old 10-18-2006 | 05:47 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
I showed the wifey the vid 3 times in a row.... she immediately told me that I'm not allowed to have a car that fast.

Thanks buddy.

Tony (friends are friends, pals are pals, buddies are ****ers... thanks buddy)
+1 I got the same thing from my girl. She said... 1) she'll never get in it again. lol and 2) She wants her Range Rover first.

So I guess I still have a chance , but it will be the most expensive mod ever! Turbo plus Range Rover! OMG!

Thanks Bert! lol

Man that thing is sick, I just keep watching the vid. and hoping that one day my tach will spin like that! I thought the needle was gonna fly off.
Old 10-18-2006 | 09:00 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

LOL guys-my GF HATES riding in my car! She hates wheelspin, and doesnt trust me behind the wheel. Funny but sad at the same time
Old 10-18-2006 | 09:12 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

LOL guys-my GF HATES riding in my car! She hates wheelspin, and doesnt trust me behind the wheel. Funny but sad at the same time
LOL ... my girl starts yelling at me when I hit 4K ... so I tell her "honey I'm barely in the powerband" ... like she knows what I'm talking about
Old 10-18-2006 | 09:23 AM
abui01

my girl already hates riding in my car w/ my full race suspension, i'll hafta show her this vid., she'll hold a grudge against you Alberto for ever making it.
Old 10-18-2006 | 09:25 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Seems like all the Mid-A GF's hate me, thats nice-HA like a give 2 $hits!

Quick Reply: New Video for my Mid-A friends...