Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

district of columbia park police

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 10:23 AM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rockinbboy
VA laws suck. I feel sorry for you guys man. Can't even own a damn radar detector.
Sure you can! It's only illegal if you get caught
Oh yeah, and I hear skate boarding is illegal in VA too
Old 10-21-2006, 10:30 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

For those complaining about getting tickets all the time or getting singled out, try to put it into perspective. You have high ranking politicians and even police chiefs getting into trouble with the law AND getting prosecuted. What makes you so special?

I'm a LEO, and I got a bs ticket for running a red light. He was wrong, but it was his word against mine. I paid the ticket, it's not on my record, case closed. Life goes on. I consider myself lucky for the few times I've been pulled over and gotten out of it. It's just the name of the game and how you present yourself.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:20 PM
Winchm60

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

85 in a 25 is just plain stupid, especially on the GW parkway.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:42 PM
05-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JLT, you remember the g35 guy that got locked for doing that stuff?
Old 10-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Zincognito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
For those complaining about getting tickets all the time or getting singled out, try to put it into perspective. You have high ranking politicians and even police chiefs getting into trouble with the law AND getting prosecuted. What makes you so special?

I'm a LEO, and I got a bs ticket for running a red light. He was wrong, but it was his word against mine. I paid the ticket, it's not on my record, case closed. Life goes on. I consider myself lucky for the few times I've been pulled over and gotten out of it. It's just the name of the game and how you present yourself.
Its not about getting tickets all of the time, its more about the area that we get them in general. I guarantee you if i get pulled over in Texas and i get pulled over in VA Beach and i pull out my military ID, you will see two completely results. Plus, this is a Common Wealth and since they do not receive financial aid from the government, they have to get money somehow. That equals more traffic fines than usual and them calling it a "safer" place.
How many of you guys know that saying "$hit" or "f(ck" in public is a $50 fine? Go to the beach here and try it, let me know how that works out for you............F(ck VA, im done
Old 10-22-2006, 07:48 AM
rockinbboy

Originally Posted by 05-Z
JLT, you remember the g35 guy that got locked for doing that stuff?
hahaha...yeah I do. he was flying through GW PKWay!
Old 10-23-2006, 05:40 AM
tlohman81

Originally Posted by Zincognito
i have not met or heard of anyone NOT getting a ticket once pulled over.
That's Cherry's luck every time! I have no idea how...
Old 10-23-2006, 05:53 AM
robbycolli

Wow! Very nicely put. You said it all. This works for me too!

Originally Posted by z350boy
First off I AM BLACK so I understand where you are coming from but I have to say that how you present yourself is the deciding factor. I am 6'4 220lbs so I am no small fry. I have learned that when you deal with law enforcement officers you must be respectful (not in a condescending way). Be calm and cooperative. You want to put the officer(s) at ease. You want them to feel that you ARE NOT a threat to them. I have been pulled over a fsw times and in some cases I was dead wrong. I normally follow the protocol of turning off the vehicle, placing the keys in a visible location and putting my hands over the steering wheel in a manner that indicates I do not intend to run. I DO NOT make sudden movements; if I am asked for identification I ask permission to retrieve it. If I must move around to get it I tell the officer in advance what I need to do to comply and again ask permission. I will then attemp to engage the officer in a civil conversation relating to the event at hand, and try to convince them of my point of view. I do not attemp to discredit what they are saying or argue with them, but present a coherent explanation of what occured and why. Since obtaining a Trooper & Sheriff ID card I give them to the officer along with my license, and explain I do not expect preferential treatment but am merly showing them that I am a responsible citizern and not an a$$hole busting their ball$. I let them do their job and maintain control over the situation. This will put them at ease and give the opportunity to engage them. It has worked for me every time except one occassion. You have the best chance with local police, troopers usually ticket you once they stop you. Just my 2c