Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

HIN-April 21

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007 | 06:43 PM
MasterRacer

hmmmm soooooo if we aren't going to show...... where the heck do we park outside next to 1 million ricers ??????? lol

Sorry bout not keeping up with this HIN thing but got so much crap going on.....blah
bout to by a home ............FINALLY! WOOHOO
Old 04-03-2007 | 04:04 PM
PumpedVA

Dear HIN Competitor,

On behalf of Hot Import Nights, we would like to welcome you to HIN Washington DC !

The content below contains crucial information regarding your roll-in and set-up.

Check-In/Load-In will be begin at 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., on Friday, April 20th, 2007. Look for signs that will direct you to ‘Car Registration Check-In’. Once you receive your competitor package you will be directed to the show staging area. Your competitor package will include a competition sheet, two wristbands (event passes), and regulations for the event. Your competition sheet must be clearly displayed on the driver-side window at all times during move-in and show hours. Your vehicle will be classified by an NCCA judge at the staging area, please have the form readily available.

NO SATURDAY ROLL-IN!!!

Regulations
· Placement will be given on a first come first serve basis unless coordinated in advance. What this means is that you should arrive early. If a member of your crew arrives late, does not caravan with you, and is not in line with you at the time of roll-in, they may not be placed with you

· The vehicle must be clean and free of body damage. Project cars and prototypes must be in a completed state. Please familiarize yourself with the ‘Minimum Requirements for Competition’ form at http://www.hotimportnights.com/showinfo . Show management reserves the right to turn away vehicles who do not meet the ‘Minimum Requirements for Competition’

· NO support vehicles are allowed inside the venue, you must hand walk/carry your equipment into the venue.

· When you check-in you will be given two wristbands, one for yourself and a guest. Everyone MUST have a wristband on to enter show premises on Saturday.

· FUEL REGULATIONS FOR THIS EVENT is between 1/8 tank to empty. Vehicles will not be allowed inside the venue with more then 1/4 tank of fuel. NO exceptions!

· Vehicles will be REQUIRED to disconnect batteries once parked on the show floor. All vehicles MUST leave hoods open for final inspections by authorities.

· Roll-Out – Once all spectators have exited the building and show management has cleared the venue, roll-out can commence.

Hot Import Nights will be hosted at: Dulles Expo

4368 Chantilly Shopping Ctr

Chantilly , VA 20151

Dates and Times:

Setup Day:

Friday, April 20, 2007 - 2:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.

Ř *** Registration/Check-in area will be held @ Dulles Expo Marshaling Yard

Exhibit Day:

- Saturday, April 21 - 2:00PM - Allowed to re-enter venue for final preparations.

- Saturday, April 21- 3:00PM - Judging Starts

- Saturday, April 21 - 5:00PM - Midnight - Official show hours

- Saturday, April 21 - 10:00PM - Last call for all competing vehicles

- Saturday, April 21 - 11:00PM - Awards ceremony begins at main stage

For more information OR to purchase electricity go to www.hotimportnights.com/showinfo.
Old 04-03-2007 | 04:16 PM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

"...final inspection by authorities..." policia? or show/judges etc?
Old 04-03-2007 | 04:31 PM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
"...final inspection by authorities..." policia? or show/judges etc?
fire
Old 04-03-2007 | 06:43 PM
Driven1
Professional

And probably the same lady right prior to entering that makes you open the hood, trunk and all that jazz. She's there every year that I've gone and different events.

Then the fire guys do a walk through while you're prepping and you get a little white card on your dash with the Fire Marshal's initials on it. Just to make sure your battery is disconnected and you have 1/8 tank or less.

Those are the extent of your inspections pretty much for HIN events.
Old 04-04-2007 | 05:56 AM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by Driven1
And probably the same lady right prior to entering that makes you open the hood, trunk and all that jazz. She's there every year that I've gone and different events.

Then the fire guys do a walk through while you're prepping and you get a little white card on your dash with the Fire Marshal's initials on it. Just to make sure your battery is disconnected and you have 1/8 tank or less.

Those are the extent of your inspections pretty much for HIN events.

she must be the one that "classes" you
Old 04-09-2007 | 07:51 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Looks like Registration is Closed. Good Eye Nowell.
Old 04-09-2007 | 11:04 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Does anyone have a Promotional Code for this event? I'm trying to save a few bucks here.

I found one on google myself.

Promotional Code: dcnites

It'll save you $5 when purchasing online.

Last edited by bb1314; 04-09-2007 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-10-2007 | 07:49 AM
W8B4UH8

Originally Posted by mdracer76
Looks like Registration is Closed. Good Eye Nowell.
dayum that ended fast. i knew i should of registered last week! so am i screwed!?
Old 04-10-2007 | 07:53 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by W8B4UH8
dayum that ended fast. i knew i should of registered last week! so am i screwed!?
Uh.. yea.. I think you may be
Old 04-10-2007 | 08:34 AM
W8B4UH8

Originally Posted by mdracer76
Uh.. yea.. I think you may be
haha yea thats what i figured.
Old 04-10-2007 | 10:54 AM
kamikaZ
3FIFTYZ

damn I didn't think they were serious when they said registration was closing early.

I was going to show with some guys from my club but I cracked my freshly painted bumper at an autocross this weekend.

Either way I'll be cruising down there to enjoy the show.

The weekend after this my club will also be hosting a charity meet in College Park. Hope to see you all there.
http://www32.homepage.villanova.edu/...t2007front.jpg

https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlantic/256364-2007-university-of-maryland-spring-meet-for-charity-april-29-2007-a.html

Last edited by kamikaZ; 04-10-2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-10-2007 | 11:09 AM
fairladyinit

W8B4UH8, if you have an S2000. Then I have this to say. Well done sir, well done.
Old 04-10-2007 | 11:22 AM
W8B4UH8

Originally Posted by fairladyinit
W8B4UH8, if you have an S2000. Then I have this to say. Well done sir, well done.
yea, i parted the S2000 out last year and picked up a NSX. well i guess ill see u guys at HIN weather i show or not.
Old 04-10-2007 | 11:26 AM
Driven1
Professional

Just because Registration is closed, that does not mean you are S.O.L. necessarily. If your car is going to bring in people to look at it, they will most likely make room for you. Hence the disclaimer on all the paperwork that they have right of refusal to not let you participate in the display if your car does not "meet their standards", even if you did register. This also goes for the "no Saturday roll in" policy as well. Top cars (Elite Class especially) and well known magazine cars get preference. It's kind of like being a celebrity, you get let into the clubs even when they're full to capacity and closed the doors.
Old 04-10-2007 | 11:31 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
Dear HIN Competitor,

· FUEL REGULATIONS FOR THIS EVENT is between 1/8 tank to empty. Vehicles will not be allowed inside the venue with more then 1/4 tank of fuel. NO exceptions!
Boy, these a-holes just CAN'T get their fuel requirements right EVER. This is the THIRD year in a row they have pulled this crap...

WARNING TO ALL OF YOU WHO ARE SHOWING......they will NOT let you in if you have more than an 1/8th of a tank of gas...the 1/4 mentioned above is a typo (AGAIN ), and you will be pissed off if you show up with just under a 1/4 of a tank in your spotless car and end up having to drive up and down Rt. 28 trying to burn off gas. Do yourself a favor and either figure out which fuse runs power for your gauge cluster and pull it, or show up as close to "E" as you can get. There is a gas station right outside the expo center, you can get gas before you even hit Rt 28.

God that pisses me off.....
Old 04-10-2007 | 11:35 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by kcobean
Boy, these a-holes just CAN'T get their fuel requirements right EVER. This is the THIRD year in a row they have pulled this crap...

WARNING TO ALL OF YOU WHO ARE SHOWING......they will NOT let you in if you have more than an 1/8th of a tank of gas...the 1/4 mentioned above is a typo (AGAIN ), and you will be pissed off if you show up with just under a 1/4 of a tank in your spotless car and end up having to drive up and down Rt. 28 trying to burn off gas. Do yourself a favor and either figure out which fuse runs power for your gauge cluster and pull it, or show up as close to "E" as you can get. There is a gas station right outside the expo center, you can get gas before you even hit Rt 28.

God that pisses me off.....

Damn right..

(I know the fuse... but I'm still planning on showing up on E)
Old 04-10-2007 | 11:41 AM
W8B4UH8

Originally Posted by Driven1
Just because Registration is closed, that does not mean you are S.O.L. necessarily. If your car is going to bring in people to look at it, they will most likely make room for you. Hence the disclaimer on all the paperwork that they have right of refusal to not let you participate in the display if your car does not "meet their standards", even if you did register. This also goes for the "no Saturday roll in" policy as well. Top cars (Elite Class especially) and well known magazine cars get preference. It's kind of like being a celebrity, you get let into the clubs even when they're full to capacity and closed the doors.
yea true. im gonna email the hin registeration contact and see whats goin on. i feel sorry for the cars that already pre-registered and can not get in due to not meeting the hin standards lol
Old 04-10-2007 | 11:52 AM
kamikaZ
3FIFTYZ

Originally Posted by W8B4UH8
yea true. im gonna email the hin registeration contact and see whats goin on. i feel sorry for the cars that already pre-registered and can not get in due to not meeting the hin standards lol
Ya well there are always a bunch of riced out cars in there so I don't think it will be a bad thing if they dont get in.
Old 04-10-2007 | 11:55 AM
W8B4UH8

Originally Posted by kamikaZ
Ya well there are always a bunch of riced out cars in there so I don't think it will be a bad thing if they dont get in.
so what happens if we cant register online? just go to roll-in and friday and hope they have spots open?!