Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

i need advice(tickets)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 03:35 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 03-04-2007, 08:14 AM
in2therain3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It all depends on the prosecutor, what the officer is going to say, what kind of proof the officer has, what your attitude was, and how well your lawyer knows which prosecutor/judge is easy. They will usually continue the case for you if they come up on an **** judge.. Try out Whitestone if you need a lawyer in VA. They are expensive but they get the job done. I recently went to court with 2 10+ speeding tickets with a reckless and minor eluding charge since the officer was being an a-hole. Well, I got out with just a general reckless charge with no suspension time.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:36 AM
StarcraftBW

good luck man..... we're all speeding.... hope we won't get caught....
Old 03-04-2007, 04:56 PM
GMZ

I got caught doing 105 in a 55 in Va a couple years ago. I thought I could get out of jail time with just a fine! The judge thought otherwise, I got 16 days in jail. He sentenced me to one month, but since it is a misdemeanor offense, you serve half of the sentence. The month had 31 days so they rounded up! Make sure your affairs are in order before you go to court.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:08 PM
z06 kos

Get a lawyer ASAP

I was expecting 30 days in jail for my racing and eluding charge. I even told my boss I was going to be gone for a month to attend a funeral in Vietnam to coverup my anticipated jail sentence.

My Lawyer got my confession thrown out of court and got the reckless racing reduced to a non pt infraction. Well worth the $750.

Last edited by z06 kos; 03-18-2007 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:25 PM
in2therain3

Originally Posted by z06 kos
Get a lawyer ASAP

I was expecting 30 days in jail for my racing and eluding charge. I even told my boss I was going to be gone for a month to attend a funeral in Vietnam to coverup my anticipated jail sentence.

My Lawyer got my confession thrown out of court and got the reckless racing reduced to a non pt infraction. Well worth the $750.
If something like that happen. It is highly likely that your lawyer found an obvious mistake from the cop.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:33 PM
z06 kos

I was immediately put in handcuffs and thrown in the cruiser, than I started apologizing...it was an open and shut case basically, I even thought I was dreaming at the time and was hoping to wake up.

Since I was arrested and not read my rights, everything I said was made inadmissisable during the pre-trial meeting with the state prosecutor.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:02 PM
rockinbboy

man, its got to seriously suck to be arrested for speeding. arg...I need to keep an eye on how fast I go. :/
Old 03-18-2007, 08:14 PM
sabrefanpc

Originally Posted by mondi
my record is clean...

i got court march 15...for the ticket in maryland but the state trooper gave me warning for negligent driving..so i don't know how many points i am going to get there..

i want to postpone my virginia case so i can save up a bit more because thats back to back court costs and lawyers and im only 18 and im paying for this ****..my parents are like **** u..sell ur call..

anyways...im worried..2 other buddies of mine got pulled over as well..3 cars..1 cop..we were all coming down from west virginia and we were prob doing 90 the whole way and i decided i wanted to get in the front and the second i did that i hit 105 and thats when i got clocked..gay huh? but i told the cop that and he gave me 100...something is better than nothing
edit: he was online 2 days after this, but no update yet. hmmmm
Old 03-18-2007, 09:11 PM
z06 kos

Originally Posted by sabrefanpc
edit: he was online 2 days after this, but no update yet. hmmmm
Whats his name...look up any case and disposition in Fairfax county:

http://208.210.219.132/vadistrict/select.jsp
Old 03-19-2007, 06:45 AM
Goofy1477

My recomendation would be to find a lawyer outside the courthouse in Fairfax. Most of those lawyers know all the judges and have hookups inside the courhouse. I was recomended about 10 years ago to this one lawyer that did a great job with my case.
I was doing 135 in a 35. Just young and dumb. Either way that night when I got pulled over, He did not impound my car, nor took me to jail. Just gave me a wreckless ticket for 105 in a 35. Also, told me to come to court. Well long story short with a good lawyer, I ended up getting a Wreckless driving ticket with points off my licence, and lost my licence for 90 days and had 1 year of probation. I was a lucky ducky!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2007, 06:53 AM
wtf no turbo

Had 21 points on my DL at one time. Many drag racing, wreckless driving blah blah blah never spent 1 min in jail. They let child molestors go with a slap on the wrist you think you going to jail..LOL. Get a lawyer and be ready to open up the check book.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:08 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Originally Posted by wtf no turbo
Had 21 points on my DL at one time. Many drag racing, wreckless driving blah blah blah never spent 1 min in jail. They let child molestors go with a slap on the wrist you think you going to jail..LOL. Get a lawyer and be ready to open up the check book.

+1 I drove on a suspended for over a year and was caught twice once was because I fell asleep behind the wheel and went through a stop sign (crashed into someones lawn took the sign out completely bent a rim and destroyed two tires). The police gave me a ride to my house because it was raining! ummm you are supposed to go to jail for that lol. I am friends with the states attorney from our hockey days luckily. The case was thrown out becuase there is no proof the forms they sent me via US mail were actually received and I hadn't turned in my liscence to the MVA. you really really have to F up to go to jail for traffic infractions. In court the day I went I saw over a dozen people go home after a DUI or DWI offense, even a few repeat offenders went home walked right out of the court room.

Last edited by DROPPEDIT2WCE; 03-19-2007 at 07:11 AM.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:27 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
you really really have to F up to go to jail for traffic infractions. In court the day I went I saw over a dozen people go home after a DUI or DWI offense, even a few repeat offenders went home walked right out of the court room.
This is Maryland you're talking about. Virginia (Especially Fairfax County) is totally different. Going 20 mph over the speed limit is the same as Wreckless Driving,DUI, and Driving on a revoke/suspended license. All them will give you 6 demerit points. I still can't believe they were able to pass a law that equates 20 mph over with all those other major offenses
Old 03-19-2007, 08:59 AM
z06 kos

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
This is Maryland you're talking about. Virginia (Especially Fairfax County) is totally different. Going 20 mph over the speed limit is the same as Wreckless Driving,DUI, and Driving on a revoke/suspended license. All them will give you 6 demerit points. I still can't believe they were able to pass a law that equates 20 mph over with all those other major offenses
Yep, VA and MD are like night and day! A racing ticket in MD is a PREPAYABLE $250 fine and is reported to DMV as general speeding!

Whereas in VA it's mandatory jail time + revoked license in the reccomended sentencing guidelines and is recorded in your record as a misdameanor.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:18 AM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

Originally Posted by Goofy1477
My recomendation would be to find a lawyer outside the courthouse in Fairfax. Most of those lawyers know all the judges and have hookups inside the courhouse. I was recomended about 10 years ago to this one lawyer that did a great job with my case.
I was doing 135 in a 35. Just young and dumb. Either way that night when I got pulled over, He did not impound my car, nor took me to jail. Just gave me a wreckless ticket for 105 in a 35. Also, told me to come to court. Well long story short with a good lawyer, I ended up getting a Wreckless driving ticket with points off my licence, and lost my licence for 90 days and had 1 year of probation. I was a lucky ducky!!!!!!
Exactly, my lawyer knew all the judges, all of which to avoid, all which were as lawyers call it, stamp judges (they go by the book, no mercy kinda judges), and he had so many hook ups. anyway, there was a d/a inside that owed me favors, so before court even started he went inside, told him, got a wreckless that needs to be reduced to failure to keep control (3points, not a misdeamenor), what do you need ? the d/a told him 50 bucks, done.
just because he knew who the d/a was, I got off no problem
Old 03-19-2007, 09:35 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by z06 kos
Yep, VA and MD are like night and day! A racing ticket in MD is a PREPAYABLE $250 fine and is reported to DMV as general speeding!

Whereas in VA it's mandatory jail time + revoked license in the reccomended sentencing guidelines and is recorded in your record as a misdameanor.
The only reason I live in this sh*tty state is because of my Job and I own a Condo. If I could I'd move back to Maryland in a heart beat.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Shabba2

Originally Posted by SexZRed06

as far as ur continuances go, u are allowed up to 3 continuances per case, call up the court house and get ur first continuance and get the things i listed done.
Continuances are granted on a person to person basis and differs from every jurisdiction. If a jurisdiction does not want to grant you one (let's say you want to continue because, I don't know, it interfers with your Spring Break ), then you don't get one.

If you want a continuance, you have to call and request it. Be prepared to give a reason why and possibly have the judge address this before he puts you in jail. The chances of you NOT going to jail are very slim so prepare for it.

Hire an attorney. Period. You will need one and even then it is no guarantee you will get a lesser sentence. You should have gone to jail right there and you would have deserved it. You are lucky Darwin wasn't in the form a deer that day and other motorists are lucky you didn't kill them. And no, I won't apologize for being preachy. You have already gotten off easy as far as I'm concerned.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:38 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

now you know damn well those judges speed over 20mph on a daily basis! hypocricy!! another reason I haven't been to VA in many moons lol, too much focus on traffic and moving violations. The lowest of the low focus on that kind of stuff in other jurisdictions but in VA squeezing every penny out of the citizens seems to be the way of life.

a good friend of mine was caught going 108 in a 55 on route 40 and was let off with a verbal warning at 2:30am on a friday night... any of you guys considering moving back to MD do it! we have pro sports teams and all no palsy Redskins or Nationals.

Last edited by DROPPEDIT2WCE; 03-19-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:46 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

I just looked up a random court Case @ the Fairfax County District Court. The guy got caught doing 100/55 and wreckless. Currently he's still in jail. Court Date was this past friday the 16th and he has to serve 6 days in jail. He had a lawyer with him as well.

edit: forgot to mention 6 months suspended license. Also I actually found another guy same charges/speeds. Also serving 6 days jail time.

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 03-19-2007 at 10:49 AM.

Quick Reply: i need advice(tickets)