Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

i need advice(tickets)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 08:21 PM
mondi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need advice(tickets)

Ok so my first speeding ticket...going down 270.. got pulled over by a state trooper foing 107mph on a 55...got a 530 speeding ticket and a 40 ticket for not having regristration, i just just got the car like 2 weeks before and i forgot.. he did give me a warning for negiglent driving. So how many points am i accountable for? I have court in 2 weeks and i have my lawyer, is there anything i can do to make this work smooth..I'm tryin to postpone it as it is on my spring break, can i say im goin out of town to visit family. I need help

2nd(this is the nasty one)

got pulled over doing 105mph on a 65 in VIRGINIA..no ticket..just a paper saying i need to go to court. the cop although put 100 on the paper. any advice...i need to postpone this one as much as i can, i dont want to go to jail.

i have stoped speeding, these were stupid mistakes but anyone have any stories or advice on wat cud happen
Old 03-01-2007, 08:24 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to get a V1 and/or a passport 8500 X50 with a Blinder X20 if your state allows them. Hell for the price of those tickets I would run counter measures regardless.

BTW couple years back I went to jail because I was going 135 in a 55. Consider yourself lucky.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:24 PM
xedes

Let your lawyer handle it. That's what you're paying him for! Also, you might want to invest in a radar detector a.s.a.p...
Old 03-01-2007, 10:17 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hate to say it ...... but the ticket you got in Virginia is definitely Jail time. My best friend got busted for 100 in a 55 in Virginia. They were originally going to give him 3 days in Jail. His lawyers thought they could get him a better deal. This made the judge even more mad and he ended up getting 14 days in jail because he didn't take the plea. This was 10 years ago. Virginia's law have become twice as tough.

Either way NO BS ... you will see jail time.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:22 PM
05Aucrarsx
Banned

wow

100+ in both tickets.

good luck in VA court
Old 03-01-2007, 10:32 PM
SexZRed06

Listen bro, I've spent like 4k on lawyers in the last year for tickets. The worst charges Ive had in 1 court case were "Street Racing on a highway" and "driving on a suspended license" at the same time. According to the officer that didnt even radar me, i was going 95 in a 35 and on top of that, no license. I had my lawyer talk to the prosecutor and I got it reduced to no operators license, license suspended for 30 days and 500 dollars in fines. NO JAIL TIME. Street racing tickets are 100 times worse then wreckless tickets or below. Its supposed to be automatic suspension of license for a year and 8 months in prison. U need to follow these steps immediately.

1) MAKE SURE U HAVE A GOOD LAWYER...IE: If he isnt charging you atleast 1000 for this case, hes not going to get u ****!!!
2) Take a driving course and have the lawyer show the prosecutor/judge on court day.
3) For the love of God show up wearing a shirt and tie. T-shirt and jeans is asking to get raped by Bubba in prison.

as far as ur continuances go, u are allowed up to 3 continuances per case, call up the court house and get ur first continuance and get the things i listed done.

If u want to speed in va man, u need to know where all the cop spots are, memorize them and then let loose. VA cops are all traffic based, especially fairfax county, all they care about is making money off tickets. Thats why when u dial 911 u get put on hold and when u finally get put through to someone it takes them almost 2 hours to show up.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 03-01-2007, 11:22 PM
djParis
Retired Racer

Anything in VA call my office. (703)385-2880 we take very good care of our clients.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:10 AM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by djParis
Anything in VA call my office. (703)385-2880 we take very good care of our clients.

Your a lawyer? Sweet lol whats the name of your office?

Good luck btw, VA cops are kinda easy to figure out. I have pretty much figured out where they hide and where they cant on 66 near Manassas/Centreville. Theres a nice stretch of open highway when you get on 66 from Manassas so its just a matter of memorizing where they hide and keeping an eye out for undercover ones as well haha its a pain but so far, 0 speeding tickets for me and my Z. I have hit 130mph on that stretch early on weekends when traffic is near 0.

Last edited by MasterRacer; 03-02-2007 at 03:12 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:57 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

I will add that it all depends on which Judge you're in front of. A good lawyer will know which judges are dicks and which ones aren't. Usually he/she (lawyer) will request a continuance if they feel a paticular judge isn't going to be lenient.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:26 AM
tlohman81

good luck in va... i remember i spent a few days in jail for 80 in a 55 about 5 or 6 years ago. I've since slowed down. My last ticket was for 61 in a 55 on 168 headed towards nags head.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:37 AM
05-Z

Originally Posted by mondi
Ok so my first speeding ticket...going down 270.. got pulled over by a state trooper foing 107mph on a 55...got a 530 speeding ticket and a 40 ticket for not having regristration, i just just got the car like 2 weeks before and i forgot.. he did give me a warning for negiglent driving. So how many points am i accountable for? I have court in 2 weeks and i have my lawyer, is there anything i can do to make this work smooth..I'm tryin to postpone it as it is on my spring break, can i say im goin out of town to visit family. I need help

2nd(this is the nasty one)

got pulled over doing 105mph on a 65 in VIRGINIA..no ticket..just a paper saying i need to go to court. the cop although put 100 on the paper. any advice...i need to postpone this one as much as i can, i dont want to go to jail.

i have stoped speeding, these were stupid mistakes but anyone have any stories or advice on wat cud happen

Depending on your record, I would be surprised if you don't get locked up and have your license suspended. Anything above 90 is very serious.

You might want to consider 2 different lawyers, as the VA lawyer might not have the relationships the DC one does, and vice versa. Just my opinion.

Slow down, good luck, let us know the outcome.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:41 AM
abui01

Check yourself in the local jail and report to the judge you already did your time.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:52 AM
mdracer76
Banned

WOWOWOW!

First thing.. Slow the F*$k down!

2nd... get your a$$ out on a track like Summit Point a few times a year.. so you can get your speed fix

3rd.. get a RADAR Detector!

4th (and this is especially important if you have to go to Fairfax court)

1 for the Judge
1 for the DA
1 for your lawyer
and 3 for the largest inmates you are in proximity to.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:06 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by 05-Z
Depending on your record, I would be surprised if you don't get locked up and have your license suspended. Anything above 90 is very serious.

You might want to consider 2 different lawyers, as the VA lawyer might not have the relationships the DC one does, and vice versa. Just my opinion.

Slow down, good luck, let us know the outcome.
This is definitely a given. Most lawyers only practice traffic law in one county. Plus if you bring a lawyer from out of state or county they won't have a clue about any of the judges and which ones to avoid.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:20 AM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

Yeah Va cops, especially FFX cops = ***holes

but anyway, I've spent hmm what now almost $2500 this year alone on lawyer/trouble fees alone, but damn I've never got caught doing 100+ mph though, all the tickets/troubles I got into were totally unfair charges that I thought were well worth fighting for, but damn, I don't know about this .. shouldn't the cop already taken him to jail on the spot ?
Old 03-02-2007, 09:24 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ
shouldn't the cop already taken him to jail on the spot ?
It's up to the officer, but yeah the OP is already lucky they didn't cuff him and impound his vehicle.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:07 AM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
It's up to the officer, but yeah the OP is already lucky they didn't cuff him and impound his vehicle.
also I agree with what you said earlier, that a good lawyer knows which judges to avoid, my lawyer knew all of the judges, which ones were "stamp" judges (judges who just go by the book, never give anyone a break", he knew the judges who're fair, and the ones in between. my lawyer even said if we have a bad judge, he'd just act sick and delay the court date so we can get paired with a good judge. Luckily I got paired with a decent judge and they dropped my reckless to failure to maintain control, which is still 3 points BUT a)it's not a felony/misdeamenor, and b)it's not 6 points and c)my fine was only like $50
but man, I drive like a granny now..
Old 03-03-2007, 08:14 PM
mondi

my record is clean...

i got court march 15...for the ticket in maryland but the state trooper gave me warning for negligent driving..so i don't know how many points i am going to get there..

i want to postpone my virginia case so i can save up a bit more because thats back to back court costs and lawyers and im only 18 and im paying for this ****..my parents are like **** u..sell ur call..

anyways...im worried..2 other buddies of mine got pulled over as well..3 cars..1 cop..we were all coming down from west virginia and we were prob doing 90 the whole way and i decided i wanted to get in the front and the second i did that i hit 105 and thats when i got clocked..gay huh? but i told the cop that and he gave me 100...something is better than nothing
Old 03-04-2007, 03:25 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by mondi
my record is clean...
It isn't now. Hope you arn't good looking!

Quick Reply: i need advice(tickets)