Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

***MUST READ*** July 1 New Laws in VA (Civil Fines)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 09:26 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lek
lol how far you live from ashburn??
Let's just say that relative to Ashburn, I live in East Bubblefock, which is right next door to West Bubblefock.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Driven1
Professional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kcobean
Let's just say that relative to Ashburn, I live in East Bubblefock, which is right next door to West Bubblefock.

From what I hear East Bubblefock is VERY nice. LOL But West Bubblefock isn't that bad either.

Im going to start the West Bubblefock Car Club soon. And we're going to use MILFs as our models. LOL
Old 06-27-2007, 10:47 AM
kcobean

Originally Posted by Driven1
From what I hear East Bubblefock is VERY nice. LOL But West Bubblefock isn't that bad either.

Im going to start the West Bubblefock Car Club soon. And we're going to use MILFs as our models. LOL
OUTSTANDING!!! I'd like to be a member of the WBfCC, but I may start the rival EBfCC instead and begin a turf war....or maybe it could be domestics vs. imports?

And for our models, we'll use English Bulldogs...probably less wrinkles than your models anyway.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:26 PM
mdracer76
Banned

As an enthusiast, I had to move out of Fairfax county due to the enforcement policies with the county police. I also no longer patronize any businesses in fairfax. Its my little way of protesting.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:21 PM
saqib55

Originally Posted by TENGAI
Like Corey said - this is what blows my mind worse than anything... If I have points from an offense a few years back, this can come around and slap ANOTHER $175 for each point IN ADDITION to the already outragous BS fees that their getting ready to drop on us.

Wait wait....does this mean that if you have no points, and have good points that we can get $175 refund then????? cuz taht would be really really cool
Old 06-27-2007, 08:03 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by saqib55
Wait wait....does this mean that if you have no points, and have good points that we can get $175 refund then????? cuz taht would be really really cool
LOL....You're a 'glass is half full' kind of guy, aren't you? Either that or a "glass is half full of crack and there's the pipe" kind of guy.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:02 AM
saqib55

LOL....You're a 'glass is half full' kind of guy, aren't you? Either that or a "glass is half full of crack and there's the pipe" kind of guy.
well i mean, fair is fair, if they can punish us...then they should also reward us. and if i have 5 good points, then i should get a check of $875, which is a decent tax break and is actually motivating me to not be a "crazy-***" driver, which is supposably the purpose of these fines.... and yea, recently i've been goin through a optimist phase, compared to thinking the world was coming to an end, makes me a much happier person and alil bit more care free...but yea, if you really are bored, and wanna do somthin annoyin do what my room mate did....
1. Save every Free Credit Card Offer you get, Put it in pile A
2. Save every Free Coupon You get, put that in pile B
3. Now open the credit card mail from pile A and find the Business Reply Mail Envelope.
4. Take the coupons from pile B and stuff them in the envelope you hold in your hand
5. Drop the stuffed to the brim envelopes in your mail and walk away whistling.
I have now received two phone calls from the credit card companies telling me that they received a stuffed envelope with coupons rather then my application. They informed me that it they are not pleased that they footed the bill for the crap I sent them. I reply with "It says Business Reply Mail" I'm suggesting coupons to you to ensure that your business is more successful. They promptly hang up on me. Now, I did this for about a month before it got boring, so I got an added idea! I added exactly 33 cents worth of pennies to the envelope so they paid EXTRA due to the weight. I got a call informing me about the money, I said it was a mistake and I demanded my change back. After yelling at the clerk and then to the supervisor they agreed to my demands and cut me a check for the money. I hold in my hand at this very moment a check from GTE Visa for exactly 33 cents.

HAVE FUN
Old 06-28-2007, 07:01 AM
vtb11

^lol
Old 06-28-2007, 07:44 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you are EXTREMELY bored, and wanna do somthin annoyin do what my room mate did....
Corrected ... still funny though
Old 06-28-2007, 07:49 AM
kcobean

well i mean, fair is fair, if they can punish us...then they should also reward us. and if i have 5 good points, then i should get a check of $875, which is a decent tax break and is actually motivating me to not be a "crazy-***" driver, which is supposably the purpose of these fines.... and yea, recently i've been goin through a optimist phase, compared to thinking the world was coming to an end, makes me a much happier person and alil bit more care free...but yea, if you really are bored, and wanna do somthin annoyin do what my room mate did....
1. Save every Free Credit Card Offer you get, Put it in pile A
2. Save every Free Coupon You get, put that in pile B
3. Now open the credit card mail from pile A and find the Business Reply Mail Envelope.
4. Take the coupons from pile B and stuff them in the envelope you hold in your hand
5. Drop the stuffed to the brim envelopes in your mail and walk away whistling.
I have now received two phone calls from the credit card companies telling me that they received a stuffed envelope with coupons rather then my application. They informed me that it they are not pleased that they footed the bill for the crap I sent them. I reply with "It says Business Reply Mail" I'm suggesting coupons to you to ensure that your business is more successful. They promptly hang up on me. Now, I did this for about a month before it got boring, so I got an added idea! I added exactly 33 cents worth of pennies to the envelope so they paid EXTRA due to the weight. I got a call informing me about the money, I said it was a mistake and I demanded my change back. After yelling at the clerk and then to the supervisor they agreed to my demands and cut me a check for the money. I hold in my hand at this very moment a check from GTE Visa for exactly 33 cents.

HAVE FUN
That is some of the funnier **** I have read on this forum....The world needs more people like you.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:08 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

That is awesome.

But what exactly is a "good" point on your license? I thought 0 was as good as it gets.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:33 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
That is awesome.

But what exactly is a "good" point on your license? I thought 0 was as good as it gets.
Nope +5 points is the best driving record you can have in VA. If you get a ticket (say less than 20 over) it -3 demerit points. Every year you go without have a speed ticket/traffic violation you get one positive point added to your record. It maxes out at +5. Once you get in the -12 points range suspension is around the corner.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:11 AM
MasterRacer

VA BLOWS! sucks we are surrounded by other states that suck amost as much seems like were damned if you do and damned if ya don't! FOOOOOOOOOCK! I wonder what f*CK Mook came up with this whole thing and was like "Hey this is a great law, let's F*CK EVERYONE!" YAY :/
Old 06-28-2007, 05:49 PM
saqib55

That is some of the funnier **** I have read on this forum....The world needs more people like you.
thank you my friend...yea, exams were kiling us, and while i was studying he was doing all this, and i ended up aiding him, funny thing is that we wernt on drugs....err correction i was on slurpee sugar rushes + redbull and yea...he mighta been a lil high....but still good times. i still cant beleive they sent us a check
Old 07-04-2007, 08:53 AM
NVA Z

Originally Posted by arejohn
Move, drive carefully, or pay up- your choice. Rights guaranteed by our constitution.

Society gets all the crime it's willing to tolerate.
Another right guaranteed by our constitution: vote the bums out!
Old 07-06-2007, 04:40 AM
KManZ
Banned

Anyone know anyone that has gotten slammed by any of these fees yet? its been a week since the implementation, and I was thinking that the authorities would have taken it to the commoners like barbarians pillaging a village for lack of a better explanation.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:13 AM
stein

Anyone who's been stopped under the new civil fee BS has yet to go to court and I'm sure their due date to pay is something > Aug 1st. Not sure how it's all marked on the ticket nor how they tell you the actual fee cost.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:51 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Where is BFE?

I tried to mapquest West Bubblefock, but it didn't come up...perhaps you can show me where that is on a map sometime....

I think its somewhere in the middle east?

Old 07-09-2007, 06:16 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Agreed

Needless to say I have sent this process to about 20 friends who will do it just to spite all the spammers in our mailboxes...lol.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:26 PM
mpowers

http://www.petitiononline.com/va3202/petition.html

Repeal petition....