Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Who all is interested in Autocross and Drifting?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 11:49 AM
mondi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where can i buy cheap tires?

got some new ones when i got my 19'ss..not tryin to use those

maybe ill put back on my 18s stock and with new tires for driftin cuz my old ones are done...
Old 06-27-2007, 12:55 PM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mondi

got some new ones when i got my 19'ss..not tryin to use those

maybe ill put back on my 18s stock and with new tires for driftin cuz my old ones are done...
http://www.discounttiredirect.com

I am thinking of just buying used for the track....
Old 07-02-2007, 07:20 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Originally Posted by davidv
My numbers are from:

Speed Fx
10005 Pulaski Hwy
Middle River, MD 21220
(410) 780-6005

About 2/$90.
Speed FX = RICE!!!

go to Speedesign on rte. 40 just off of Allendar rd. (next to Freestate indoor sports arena)
Old 07-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Kirkster

Here is one of our club (autocrossers incorperated) events in july.

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...13912263443345

The plus side of things is that we can get you rides pretty easily. (my Z with a really good driver or me)

plus the events at fed ex field are always good and usually pretty fast.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:20 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by mondi
edgeracing.com.

Went auto-xing this weekend... came in 38th overall out of over 100 cars... and the ones that beat me (except for like 2) were running R compounds (I'm on street tires).

God I love auto-x.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:07 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default Yes Sir!

Originally Posted by John
Um, you realize that you won't last more than one session in most of those events right? Those clubs don't tolerate antics like drifting, and if you were my student (which you probably would be if I was doing an MDA event) and you tried to drift intentionally, I'd make you pit until you can get your attitude back in check. Yes, it's fun to get sideways and save it, but it's 10x more fun to learn how to drive safe and fast so that when you get in hairy situations, you know how to save it.

SCCA AutoX's in the DC area blow - wait around all day for 4 runs. No thanks. You're better to find a local club that's running an event as you'll get many more runs. The BMWCCA AutoX out here ran a really fast course (about 1.5 miles) where you could get 60 runs if you wanted (for less than $60).

There's already a thread stickied at the top of this forum about HPDEs in the Mid-Atlantic - I'd suggest re-envigorating the discussion there.
Dang dude, you got alot of suggestions for post who didnt ask for any feedback. Autox is one thing, drifting is another. The one thing that is missing is you seeing me control my car and my laptime of 56.8...FYI the fastest laptime of the day in the stock class was a 56.3. Not to be rude, but we are all alduts and know when and where we can get away with what at what time. You said alot of "If's" in your post. If you were here on the East Coast, you would be MY student. Sorry to bust on you man, but you come off like some Cop, or local law enforcing duchebag. I am over 30 and know how to handle myself as with most of us. You sound like your talking to 16 years olds. If you must know, I never said that I plan to drift at every autox event, there are drift events on my post also if you took time to read my post. I am not concerned with Ohio, or other events outside the TriState area, only VA,DC, and MD for the most part. Thanks for your two cents, but it was not asked for nor appreciated.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL G-SPOT
I did an autocross event last Sunday and to make this short I am hooked. I drifted my car inbetween cones like a pro...pics to come soon. I have never had as much fun in my G than I did on Sunday.....WOW! The event was with the Porsche club Potomac chapter. Very cool, professional and serious guys.

Anyways, I am polling the audience to see who wants to seriously get into Autocross and drifting over the summer? I am thinking of attending the SCCA Fed Ex (Driver Education....dont let the title fool you) event in Aug and possibly the Drift day as Summit Point. More events to come as my work/school schedule permits. Bad thing is Summit Point Drift day is July 4, which is a wednesday and also July 4th...lol.

Just a poll to see who is out there on the same page as me. After reading MDRACERS post, I am strickly track ridden. Call me Dutchboy...all slow and no go...LOL! Below is a list of events....

Just messing Dutch.

http://www.scca.com/Inside/index.asp?reference=nediv
http://www.driftnirvana.com/ click the media gallery for uTube videos!
http://solo.wdcr-scca.org/
http://www.pcapotomac.org/pca/html/a...dule2007.shtml
I doubt you really "drifted" chief. Just because you let you tail swing out doesn't mean you drifted. If anything you just did a few powerslides. I am hooked on both drifting and auto-X and need to get a MT G to get back into the drifting world. I was major into it with my old car back in college.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:36 AM
4SHIZZIL

I just signed up for the July 14th event in MD.

2007 AI Championship Autocross #2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hosting Organization(s) Autocrossers, Inc.
Event Type Autocross
Event Date(s) 14-Jul-2007
Event Description/
Schedule Autocross at Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen MD.
2nd of our 6-event series.

The cap for Autocrossers, Inc. championship events is 180. Walkups will be accepted if space allows.

Pre-payment is required if registering online. Cost is $30 for online registration and $40 for walkup registration.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:04 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default Drifting

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
I doubt you really "drifted" chief. Just because you let you tail swing out doesn't mean you drifted. If anything you just did a few powerslides. I am hooked on both drifting and auto-X and need to get a MT G to get back into the drifting world. I was major into it with my old car back in college.
Just to clarify my background in driving cars slidewayz...My first car was a 1981 4dr Chevette 4sp..which I drifted over 4 miles on my way home from work one day in 1993 age 16, but it was in the snow. I had a 1997 Ford F-150 Flareside 4.6 V8 which I drifted by the maingate at Langley AFB at about 40mph (got into a little trouble for that one) I thought I was safe on a public road..I guessed wrong. I also drifted my 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee in the snow in Clovis New Mexico in 1997 but I must admit I caught a car after about 2hrs of messing around.
I also drifted my buddies 1999 F Ranger V6, in the snow. down his street (about 10 houses) and stopped right in his driveway and pulled right in (bet was 3 cases of beer)...budlight for anyone else who wants to challenge my skillz..lol.

My 2001 GT was the hardest to drift but I figured it out eventually too.
I also have a 1978 CJ5 with a Chevy 305 V8 in it at the time, (350 going in soon) which I could drift at about 45mph in 3rd...dont recommend that to anyone..lol.

I have also drifted my 97 Mazda 626, and an 01 Civic SI 3dr, with the e-brake on in the snow also.

Now with that said, yes I have had help from mother nature with snow and rain to aid in alot of my drifting activities, especially mall parking lots in IL when I was like 17 and 18. But I need not impress anyone on this site, nor am I trying to. I can drive the SHIZZIL out of my car and I daily push it to the edge/limits...hence the N/A go boom post. Now that my mustang had enough power to drift on dry payment I continued my activities from there. My G is a fun car, and at the current power, speeds over 45mph is car to keep it sideways.

I am more than willing to attend your next drift event so we both can have fun. This post is not about who can do what. This post is about hooking up to go have fun, no need to pick apart my words or challenge my abilities. I dont have a clue who you are, but I would like to see you get that auto slideways....that would be fun and impressive.

LETS HOOK IT UP...IM DOWN FOR WHENEVER!

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 07-06-2007 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:07 AM
4SHIZZIL

The guy with the s200 at the event tried to send me the zip file of pics, hopefully he will get my personal email address (not work) and I can recieve the pics....I will post them no doubt.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:08 AM
C5_vette

edit......

Last edited by C5_vette; 07-06-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Nihilation

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C5_vette
edit......
lol
Old 07-06-2007, 12:01 PM
mdracer76
Banned

When I was born I tried to come out sideways.

In pre-school I drew pictures of oil coolers, while the other kids drew stick houses.

I got my first bigwheel sideways for the full distance of my driveway at age 4.

At age six I learned how to tighten my rear brake cable on my huffy...e-brake baby... my first rear wheel drive.

By age ten, I was in therapy, I was going sideways so much that I began walking like a bishop in a chess game.

Age 16.. I turned in my reports on thermal dynamics of Oil coolers.

Age 18 Sr. prom gave my date a bouquet made of shredded tires. I got lucky that night, we did it sideways.

Age 31... current day. As nowell says .. I make more left turns than nascar. I need a ARC oil cooler.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Lawy'dU

Just to clarify my background in driving cars slidewayz...My first car was a 1981 4dr Chevette 4sp..which I drifted over 4 miles on my way home from work one day in 1993 age 16, but it was in the snow. I had a 1997 Ford F-150 Flareside 4.6 V8 which I drifted by the maingate at Langley AFB at about 40mph (got into a little trouble for that one) I thought I was safe on a public road..I guessed wrong. I also drifted my 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee in the snow in Clovis New Mexico in 1997 but I must admit I caught a car after about 2hrs of messing around.
I also drifted my buddies 1999 F Ranger V6, in the snow. down his street (about 10 houses) and stopped right in his driveway and pulled right in (bet was 3 cases of beer)...budlight for anyone else who wants to challenge my skillz..lol.

My 2001 GT was the hardest to drift but I figured it out eventually too.
I also have a 1978 CJ5 with a Chevy 305 V8 in it at the time, (350 going in soon) which I could drift at about 45mph in 3rd...dont recommend that to anyone..lol.

I have also drifted my 97 Mazda 626, and an 01 Civic SI 3dr, with the e-brake on in the snow also.

Now with that said, yes I have had help from mother nature with snow and rain to aid in alot of my drifting activities, especially mall parking lots in IL when I was like 17 and 18. But I need not impress anyone on this site, nor am I trying to. I can drive the SHIZZIL out of my car and I daily push it to the edge/limits...hence the N/A go boom post. Now that my mustang had enough power to drift on dry payment I continued my activities from there. My G is a fun car, and at the current power, speeds over 45mph is car to keep it sideways.

I am more than willing to attend your next drift event so we both can have fun. This post is not about who can do what. This post is about hooking up to go have fun, no need to pick apart my words or challenge my abilities. I dont have a clue who you are, but I would like to see you get that auto slideways....that would be fun and impressive.

LETS HOOK IT UP...IM DOWN FOR WHENEVER!
then my appologies. I mistook you for some child with a 350Z that almost spun out an said he "drifted" lol. I started drifting my 96 trans am back in high school back in '99 so I totally know where you are coming from. I would love to come out with you but my G is an AT, and the e-brake is on the floor and you can't clutch kick (because there's no clutch lol) so I need a turbo or a different car before I can play again. I am definitely thinking about the next auto-x though. I will definitely try to make if I don't end up going out sat. night.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:40 PM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang dude, you got alot of suggestions for post who didnt ask for any feedback. Autox is one thing, drifting is another. The one thing that is missing is you seeing me control my car and my laptime of 56.8...FYI the fastest laptime of the day in the stock class was a 56.3. Not to be rude, but we are all alduts and know when and where we can get away with what at what time. You said alot of "If's" in your post. If you were here on the East Coast, you would be MY student. Sorry to bust on you man, but you come off like some Cop, or local law enforcing duchebag. I am over 30 and know how to handle myself as with most of us. You sound like your talking to 16 years olds. If you must know, I never said that I plan to drift at every autox event, there are drift events on my post also if you took time to read my post. I am not concerned with Ohio, or other events outside the TriState area, only VA,DC, and MD for the most part. Thanks for your two cents, but it was not asked for nor appreciated.
I gave you my opinion in my previous post because you posted this thread in a public forum and I've had students that come across like you do before - and they need a reality check. You did in fact mention a lot of HPDE events, which is not a place where you drift. I instructed events for many years back on the East Coast, and would never want the type of attitude that you portrayed, and I can guarantee you that HPDE instructors would share the same sentiment.

I don't care if you think I'm an a-hole - I'm ok with that. And quite frankly, I'm shocked that you're over 30, as your posts come across like a 18 year old ricer.

And Ohio? Yes, there are some events in Ohio in that other thread, but the majority of the events are at Summit and VIR.

In any case, it's obvious that you're specifically interested in drifting and autox - so focus on those events instead of listing off HPDE events with PCA, et cetera.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:21 PM
4SHIZZIL

Default Rip 350

Originally Posted by John
I gave you my opinion in my previous post because you posted this thread in a public forum and I've had students that come across like you do before - and they need a reality check. You did in fact mention a lot of HPDE events, which is not a place where you drift. I instructed events for many years back on the East Coast, and would never want the type of attitude that you portrayed, and I can guarantee you that HPDE instructors would share the same sentiment.

I don't care if you think I'm an a-hole - I'm ok with that. And quite frankly, I'm shocked that you're over 30, as your posts come across like a 18 year old ricer.

And Ohio? Yes, there are some events in Ohio in that other thread, but the majority of the events are at Summit and VIR.

In any case, it's obvious that you're specifically interested in drifting and autox - so focus on those events instead of listing off HPDE events with PCA, et cetera.
look man i dont take this thread as serious as you. If a kid is 18 and is dumb...like I was and 99% of 18 year olds...then their parents should stick their stuntman azzez in a 90HP Chevette like my MOM did. Its all about proper parenting that builds the foundaion of a solid kid, not my words on this forum. Thats really shallow...nope hope for a kid like that. And furthur more; 6 laps with you or anyone, riding a hopeless kid like that around will not make them superior drivers...if anything your instruction promotes them to drive faster on public roads. Lastly..you seemed to have totaled you Z from your signature block?...

I am not interested in any more instructions from you...SafetyMan!...lol

follow MDRACERS lead above (LMAO)...have fun..no one likes to be instructed around on our public website or anywhere we didnt ask to be.

my two cents.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:38 PM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look man i dont take this thread as serious as you. If a kid is 18 and is dumb...like I was and 99% of 18 year olds...then their parents should stick their stuntman azzez in a 90HP Chevette like my MOM did. Its all about proper parenting that builds the foundaion of a solid kid, not my words on this forum. Thats really shallow...nope hope for a kid like that. And furthur more; 6 laps with you or anyone, riding a hopeless kid like that around will not make them superior drivers...if anything your instruction promotes them to drive faster on public roads. Lastly..you seemed to have totaled you Z from your signature block?...

I am not interested in any more instructions from you...SafetyMan!...lol

follow MDRACERS lead above (LMAO)...have fun..no one likes to be instructed around on our public website or anywhere we didnt ask to be.

my two cents.
Then why did you bother posting HPDE events?

Potomac Founders' Region " 2007 Schedule below:

Event Type 2007 Date Track

Drivers Education 7/14-15 [Sat/Sun] Summit Point Circuit
Drivers Education 8/17-19 [Fri/Sat/Sun] Summit Point Circuit
Drivers Education 9/7-9 [Fri/Sat/Sun] VIR Full Course
HPDC 22-Sep Summit Point
HIGH PERFORMANCE DRIVERS CLINIC http://www.pcapotomac.org/pca/html/de/hpdc9.22.shtml
Club Race 10/5-7 [Sat/Sun] Summit Point Circuit
Drivers Education 11/2-4 [Fri/Sat/Sun] Summit Point Circuit
Drivers Education 11/2-4 [Fri/Sat/Sun] Summit Point Circuit
Autocross #4 Saturday, 7/21/07 Baysox Stadium $40

MAZDA Driving Associates, LLC

Virginia Internation Raceway (VIR) Sept 1-2, 2007 VIR Full Course

Summit Point Motorsports Park Fri/Sat Oct 26-27
Shenandoah Circuit, WVA

Two-day High-speed Drivers Education
Both VIR events and the April Summit Point event are on Saturday and Sundays, Tech starts Friday evenings
The October Summit Point event is Friday and Saturday, Tech starts Thursday evening (just for the October event)
Drive your own vehicle at speed in a safe controlled environment
Registration is available for both Mazda and non-Mazda vehicles, our events are open to all manufacturers (membership is not required).
Both In-car and Classroom instruction
High Caliber Instructors assigned to students for on-course sessions
Run groups and Classroom sessions tailored to experience levels
World-class and relatively brand new facilities
Eight ~26-27 minute sessions for the weekend at VIR, eight ~23-24 minute sessions at Summit Point
Students divided into four run groups based on similar experience
Most students qualify for solo driving after demonstrating basic safety skills and appropriate on-course behavior "Quoted from DC EVO Forum"
I did wreck my Z - after about 10K track miles (over 4000 laps at 10 tracks). Everybody eventually has an accident if they push their car to the ultimate limit while driving at speed. I never blamed anybody else for my incident but myself - and in fact I was the first to admit that I violated one of the biggest rules that I instruct - get to learn the track before you go ***** out. Unfortunately for me, I red misted myself and during my 2nd session at Buttonwillow, I put it into a wall.

And I will say that you are quite mistaken and your childishness is only more evident with you statement that "instruction promotes them driving faster on the roads." And are you really that ignorant about what HPDEs teach you? Quite the contrary - true track junkies are much more behaved on public roads than their fellow enthusiasts who "think" they can drive. I never said you had to get a ride with me - but having somebody who has club raced and/or instructed for many years in the passenger seat can be the most valuble 2-4 hours of your entire driving career.

Edit: and for the record, I can laugh at Mike's comments - yours I can not.

Last edited by John; 07-06-2007 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:30 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I just signed up for the July 14th event in MD.

2007 AI Championship Autocross #2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hosting Organization(s) Autocrossers, Inc.
Event Type Autocross
Event Date(s) 14-Jul-2007
Event Description/
Schedule Autocross at Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen MD.
2nd of our 6-event series.

The cap for Autocrossers, Inc. championship events is 180. Walkups will be accepted if space allows.

Pre-payment is required if registering online. Cost is $30 for online registration and $40 for walkup registration.
Cool. The turn out is looking good: https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlantic/284039-350z-autocross-july-14-saturday-ripken-stadium-aberdeen-md.html.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:08 PM
4SHIZZIL

Default I havent seen this guy since this time last year!

Has anyone seen him? Id like to thank him for coming out to my birthday bash last year. Although he didnt drink a drop, he really blended in with his surroundings.

Great guy, need to catch up with him for a beer sometime?

Old 07-07-2007, 08:35 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Has anyone seen him? Id like to thank him for coming out to my birthday bash last year. Although he didnt drink a drop, he really blended in with his surroundings.

Great guy, need to catch up with him for a beer sometime?

hahahahah... OMG.. that was the night I drove bbrent home in the lotus.. I never knew someone could throw up THAT much. LOL

Quick Reply: Who all is interested in Autocross and Drifting?