Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

I hate car business!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 02:50 PM
SekZee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate car business!!!!

That's it, I'm fed up with this ****... Made 1 grand is July, made 5 in august... seems like will make less then a grand this month... I can't stand this unstable job anymore, working 70 f'ing hrs a a week, busting your *** off and all for nothing!! Appointments don't show up, people think you can just give cars away for free... People blow up and leave cuz of $100 higher price quote then they recieved from some other dealership...

I've been in this business for 5 months, have a decent customer base, get refferals and bebacks already... doing pretty good overall, but months like this just **** me the f'ck off!!

Phewww... I'm better now...

Anyways, anybody hiring around balto area? I'm still going to school, but taking evening classes mostly now... I keep sending my resumes out through monster.com, but i simply don't know what I wanna do, anything that pays well...and stable.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You selling cars? Where?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:45 PM
UMW350Z

and THAT is why I don't work at a dealership. Find something with a salary or something or maybe an independent auto shop. There are jobs out there, but they arn't easy to come by. just keep trying until you find something. Set a goal for a number of applications sent out every day, something else is out there.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Tubbs

What you need to do is procure yourself a rare and expensive car, for say... 1 million. Wait a year, until nobody else can get one... then sell it for 2 million. Then retire in Mexico.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:50 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SekZee
That's it, I'm fed up with this ****... Made 1 grand is July, made 5 in august... seems like will make less then a grand this month... I can't stand this unstable job anymore, working 70 f'ing hrs a a week, busting your *** off and all for nothing!! Appointments don't show up, people think you can just give cars away for free... People blow up and leave cuz of $100 higher price quote then they recieved from some other dealership...

I've been in this business for 5 months, have a decent customer base, get refferals and bebacks already... doing pretty good overall, but months like this just **** me the f'ck off!!

Phewww... I'm better now...

Anyways, anybody hiring around balto area? I'm still going to school, but taking evening classes mostly now... I keep sending my resumes out through monster.com, but i simply don't know what I wanna do, anything that pays well...and stable.
Dude call me at work,410-823-1133,merchants tire @auto.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:55 PM
jdm21bmx

You need to pick up Jeffrey Gitomer's 'Little Red book of selling", It will change your perspective. Made 11 grand off that books simple sales principles my last two months in the car business before I stumbled upon my own business.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:12 PM
SekZee

Originally Posted by Alberto
You selling cars? Where?
toyota... i quit my dads in law restaurant back in april and got a job at the toyota.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Call Keith, knowing him Id bet he'd be fun to work with lol-can you say liquid lunch?
Old 09-25-2007, 04:18 PM
SekZee

Call Keith, knowing him Id bet he'd be fun to work with lol-can you say liquid lunch?

lawl..liquid lunch..thats why i quit the restaurant, had too many liquid dinners there..
Old 09-25-2007, 04:21 PM
SekZee

i love selling cars, don't get me wrong, im new to it, but i picked up quick.. im great with customers and generally a nice guy to them, that's how i trick most of them into buying (and at sticker) lol... i sell on average 14-16 cars a month...july sucked, i had to go to cincinnati a few times, didnt put that much time in. August ROCKED, so did june...September sucks, cuz i keep getting dumbass customers. ITS JUST MY LUCK!
Old 09-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Integrity
Banned

Depending on how old you are and what your financial situation is, I'd recommend trying to stick it out for a year. Most dealers I know squirrel money away since they never know what they'll make from month to month. Are you capable of saving every last dime? Or are you like me and think money's worthless unless you're spending it?
Old 09-25-2007, 04:23 PM
SekZee

***!!! now i lost my cell phone... great...just great...
Old 09-25-2007, 04:26 PM
SekZee

Originally Posted by Integrity
Depending on how old you are and what your financial situation is, I'd recommend trying to stick it out for a year. Most dealers I know squirrel money away since they never know what they'll make from month to month. Are you capable of saving every last dime? Or are you like me and think money's worthless unless you're spending it?
I'm not capable of saving money... I spend like crazy... my wife is great with saving money, thats why i have all my checks deposited to our joint account now, and i gave her my card.. (it was my decision)...

That's what I'm thinking about...just waiting it out, im doing OK with money right now, it is hard, but my wife just graduated and found a nice job... I wanna keep doing sales and wait it out, but yet i want something stable too..

EDIT... yeah...thats the way I am too..

Last edited by SekZee; 09-25-2007 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:33 PM
SekZee

Bert, by the way... Last time me and Kurt were at your place, I told you guys i can hook up a nice fast server to host any car videos on there, I still have that unlimited FTP, it's located in VA.. i get 2mb/sec speeds from there all the time, it's free depending on usage, but if anything let me know, I can give you the login info.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:33 PM
r0csfinest

atleast ur selling toyotas and not fords...
Old 09-25-2007, 04:34 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn bert,im great to work with but i have never had a liquid lunch until our track day.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:36 PM
SekZee

Keith, you got a PM... have I met you, by the way? I had a PPW Z last year, I went to a coupla of meets at Bert's place, met a bunch of people, but can't remember everyone...lol
Old 09-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Def946

Try selling motorcycles, its even worse. Gotta sell people on customer service, is all you can do.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:37 PM
SekZee

Originally Posted by r0csfinest
atleast ur selling toyotas and not fords...
I heard fords sell pretty well too
Old 09-25-2007, 04:38 PM
SekZee

Originally Posted by Def946
Try selling motorcycles, its even worse. Gotta sell people on customer service, is all you can do.
negative... don't like bikes...

Quick Reply: I hate car business!!!!