Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Fort Belvoir Auto Hobby Shop FTW!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fort Belvoir Auto Hobby Shop FTW!

Nothing beats working on your car your self...

I recently purchased some strup test pipes through dave (thanks for the deal man) and wanted to get em on fast. I got off drill today at 1530, sat in traffic for an hour and a half, and finally got home around 5. Ditched the BDU's real fast, grabbed my pipes and was out the door. I get to the shop around 1715 and find out they close at 1800. I say, hey no problem, this is maybe a 30 minute job.

I just got home.

Man was it a PIA haha. First time for me, and that third bolt on the top of the cat was a b!tch! Had to go down through the engine bay with a universal swivel and HUGE extender with the impact gun. A good friend of mine and my fathers runs the shop there. We've swapped many engines and done pretty much anything you can think of (crate motors and LSx stuff, I'm from a Corvette family ) He helped me with everything I needed. Final time was about 3 hours for me, total cost = $7.50. Now how can you go wrong with that. Absolutely awesome place and love taking my car there.

I am definitely going back tomorrow to hand him a tip well deserved. So for all you guys looking for a place to put something on, fully furnished shop, for about 3 bucks an hour, lift and all. I told him I would send the Z crowd that way, you guys wont be disappointed!

As for the test pipes, holy hell they're loud. The rasp is crazy too! Will it tone down?
Old 11-04-2007, 05:24 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

You actually pay to use the hobby shop? Pfft, newb... lol.

I was stationed at Belvoir for 2 years ('04-'06)... who's your dad? I knew pretty much everyone that worked there (hence the fact I used the shop for free). Hell, I had my Eclipse there for a LONG time in pieces and payed maybe $10-20 for storage.

So do the regulars still go up there? People like Chad (white Cobra), Jesse (red Chevy truck) or Sparks (broke GTO)? Tell them Tony said what up.

OT... why do you fly boys always post your name and rank everywhere? Not smart...
Old 11-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

me and my dad used to bring the vette's in alot, I had a red C4, he had a blue C3 at the time. Jesse doesn't work there any more, haven't seen him in a while actually. Sparks, I havent seen him either. I asked about him last night actually. He had the goat sent out for work.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:39 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Sparks getting that tranny fixed finally? Is he still married to Alicia (I think that's her name)?

Yeah, I know Jesse hasn't worked there for a long time... he quit what, back when he went to work for Chevy right? That was a while ago.

Is Chad even still stationed there? I know his brother is there.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

I haven't seen the Cobra since I've been back. Yeah Jesse he left to work for Chevy like, a year and a half ago I think. I saw sparks at blockbuster with her when I first got back. He looked different, long hair and such. I figured he ETS'ed.

They hired some new people (new to me). One of them is a goofball, the others are cool. The floors just got redone, and all bays have new tool kits. It's nice.