Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

NEW! Weekly RVA Friday Night Short Pump Meet

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 05:23 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yusoslo
I say we try the mall again. Personally I have never been there, but I see no issues if no one is spinning tires/ playing loud music/ being obnoxious.

But........I love coffee and the starbucks offers a nice parking garage for pictures, enough parking for 10-13 Z's with normal traffic there, and the shopping center likes us there. So it too seems like a great spot
we didn't see any problem being there either, but the mall security came over to bug us twice. We told them we were just waiting on someone to go get some dinner, but they made it pretty clear they didn't want us hanging out.

Starbucks is nice for the exact reasons you said. We can try somewhere else, maybe a local restaurant would be easier so that we could talk to the owner to see if we can meet up there.

BTW, you ever figure out swapping exhausts? I have a buyer that is getting serious about getting the car.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:41 AM
yusoslo

Well the more I think about it the timing is a bit off. I like your exhaust but I am getting the new tires for my new rims today + alignment + camber kit. So it just isnt the right time to get the exhaust

Especially when I am leaving my company to start a new one. I would perfer to have more $$ in the bank. Hope you understand!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 05:49 AM
Sleepy-z

Small suggestion from a newcomer, Knuckles road in the west end, Bottoms up, they are open really late and who wont eat pizza? they have a ice cream place next door too....just an idea, there are other businesses there but I dont know what they are honestly. Plus if Food lion is closed since its late we have a decent parking area and its sorta hidden from the cops between the businesses. Honestly I just really like there pizza and can eat it anyday.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:16 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

bottoms up could be fun, but i imagine that area won't be too kind to people hangin out either. thats where all the CEOs and rich peeps live, so we may get hasseled there too. I think maybe if we talk to the owner/manager like the guys at Starbucks did we would be able to hang out hassle-free.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:08 AM
FORZWIN

I'm down for pizza. Who knows, it may not be that bad.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:03 PM
LoweBudget

bottoms up is awesome...and cheeburger cheeburger is also there and they have the best hamburgers ever...let me know if you guys are gonna meet up
Old 01-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Okay, I've only been gone for a day or two, but Chris, when the **** did you change your screen name????!!!

As far as new places to hang, I'm up for anything on the west end. We can try anything and just see if the cops come to hassle us. If we park near Bottoms Up, there is a Vets office or something just a few feet away that should be closed and we could line up our cars over there possibly. I can imagine us all backing into those parking spots and lookin great! We schmooz, check out our cars, then on to pizza and a few brews, or cokes.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:24 PM
PumpedVA

My Re/max office is right up the street I can ask them? I am down for a new spot. I never liked the starbucks thats why I never come out.

Widebody350z will be down this weekend so we might make it out.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:35 PM
FORZWIN

Originally Posted by Clipdin
Okay, I've only been gone for a day or two, but Chris, when the **** did you change your screen name????!!!
You're in luck Scott, it was changed this morning lol.

I'm a no go for anything this Friday, apparently Amanda has won us an "all-inclusive" honeymoon vacation package from a drawing she entered at one of these wedding events she's been attending regularly. The one stipulation is that we have to attend this cooking thing Friday night, where I'm sure we'll be 'pushed' to purchase something. If it is what they say it is, I can eat free food and tell people no at the end of the night for a trip to the bahamas
Old 01-23-2008, 05:38 PM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

Don't know if I will be out this week. My Z is just a shadow of its former self anyway.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:59 PM
FORZWIN

Originally Posted by mrpratt
...My Z is just a shadow of its former self anyway.
Because that's the only reason we put up with you anyway

Last edited by FORZWIN; 01-23-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Sleepy-z

I was planning on taking this week off also for meets, maybe next friday if we have decent weather we can try the area out as long as everyone is cool with that, kinda gets us all indoors for a bit since its cold, I think they have a back room too that we can reserve....I dunno, gonna have to go by some day and check it out.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:10 PM
FORZWIN

Yea, next Friday is payday WOOT! Could use a little cash if we're going to try the Bottom's up thing...
Old 01-24-2008, 03:56 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by mrpratt
Don't know if I will be out this week. My Z is just a shadow of its former self anyway.
so sell me those wheels playa?
Old 01-24-2008, 04:04 AM
yusoslo

Yeah I was supposed to be rolling on my new 19's but the guy keeps holding back on the meeting time, so I wont have the RPF1's till sunday.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:03 AM
Sleepy-z

Small idea, maybe do bottums up if it works out good once a month(maybe the first friday of the month) and do starbucks either every other friday or also once a month....whatever works, figured we can take a friday break from starbucks if your all down once a month for some food in that area.

I know I personally wont go out every single friday to starbucks but maybe once or twice a month depending on weather and I am good for pizza once a month also.....of course this all may change if I get a job that collides with friday nights, still searching.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:54 AM
FORZWIN

I would like to get a monthly meet going, and maybe instead of having a meet at starbucks every other Friday, we all just kind of come/go as we please. I mean, I'm sure it will still be posted in this thread what everyone's plans are, but it would be nice to get something a little more organized. No one is obligated to show up but it would be nice to know, for example, that on the 1st Friday of the month you'll be able to find a few of Richmond's finest 350z's out at <Insert desired place here>.

Anyone else up for this?
Old 01-28-2008, 01:19 PM
FORZWIN

So where is it at on Friday?
Old 01-29-2008, 07:17 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

i dunno man, somewhere where you have to take a lot of awesome turns so you can test out those new sways lol

I do have an exhaust leak btw, but I don't care, it sounds awesome! lol I could've just loosened up my oem cats and gotten the same sound from the test pipes!

My car isn't much to look at anymore, but its only temporary. The real Fairlady is shipping out today, so now I just have to get this one sold, and then I will really be in business
Old 01-29-2008, 09:52 AM
FORZWIN

I tore into them pretty good last night coming home from school. Dramatic difference and I am very pleased. Now that they've rescheduled the autox I'll be able to break them in there.

Don't worry Pratt, I know it will be worth the wait!!!

Is everyone up for Bottom's Up this Friday?

Quick Reply: NEW! Weekly RVA Friday Night Short Pump Meet