Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

12/1 Toys for Tots:Annual Meet - Charity,Cars,Food and S'Mores! = Fun & Philanthropy

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 08:38 AM
PumpedVA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry guys I have to show a few homes today so can't make it. worst thing is nobody will buy but hey I have to try. take lots of pics please
Old 12-01-2007, 10:39 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Jersey guys? (Tom, Rick, Chase, etc) Are you still coming down? I think we plan on leaving for the fire house in like 30 minutes.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:22 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flyjames
waddup everyone... new here to the mid A... uhm 04 g35 6mt jwt popcharger thats bout it so far... so whats the drilly round here........
Dude dont worry about the post,s here we are all hard on each other but are a tight group.Peeps are just getting you ready for the mid-a scene.

JOIN US OR DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! j/k
Old 12-01-2007, 03:20 PM
helldorado

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
Hey Jersey guys? (Tom, Rick, Chase, etc) Are you still coming down? I think we plan on leaving for the fire house in like 30 minutes.
Did they ever make it in time? We all thought you were going to the fire house around 5 so I don't think they left until after 12. Tom had planned on swapping his tranny fluid this morning before they left. I was going to go but I've been sick with the flu.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

So who took the pictures, and where are they?!?!
Old 12-01-2007, 09:30 PM
ajcool2

Originally Posted by A1C Basinger
So who took the pictures, and where are they?!?!
I have a bunch of cellphone pics since I left my batteries for the camera home. :/
Old 12-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

fun times guys, nice hanging out again.

we only mustered three people cause everyone else had something come up but hey, I came and that is what's important

MEATBALLS FTWMFer!!!!

BTW: the toys WILL be donated, I talked to Dave and he would have had to drive the toys to the station and my work has a drop box for TFT so I will put them there
Old 12-02-2007, 02:38 AM
mdracer76
Banned

I have a boat load pictures to post...

It was great to see everyone again, and great to see the stack of toys that we donated this year.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:16 AM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Yeah, it was a great time, like always. Glad I made the drive from Richmond. Met even more guys on teh boards here. I took a pic of most of the cars and a couple group shots and shots from the firehouse... AND I am currently uploading the 400+ meg video of Mike burning up his tires in the culdesac again. I'll post the youtube link once it finishes uploading. Listen to the conversations going on in the background too, funny stuff!

Mike, I'll put the original on an ftp site for you to download too. Figure you should have the original. Looks great on a larger screen.

Thanks VT Mustard for getting me back to 15 South. Matt, great to have met you man, your car is a fast little biatch and the exhuast sounds great! Thanks Dave, Mike and Juan for pulling this together. I just wish I lived closer so I could hang out at FT more often.

As a side note, took off my VDC for the first time on our way to the firestation. Got all sideways leaving the shop. Sooooo fun!!!

More later.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:20 AM
Z_Monzter

Yeah Baby!!!
Good times indeed, I had a blast. Nice seeing everyone again, Bert I left without getting a ride in your time machine .
Dave, it was nice meeting you and finally checking out your shop, thanks for all the food, Meatballs FTMFW like Tom Said!!!!
Mike put a hell of a show shredding those 17 stockers, can’t wait to see the Videos.

I’m sure we are going to make a lot of kids happy cause damn there was a lot of toys!!! Job well done Mid-A.

Until the next one………….
Old 12-02-2007, 06:34 AM
DC350ZTrack

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Clipdin
Yeah, it was a great time, like always. Glad I made the drive from Richmond. Met even more guys on teh boards here. I took a pic of most of the cars and a couple group shots and shots from the firehouse... AND I am currently uploading the 400+ meg video of Mike burning up his tires in the culdesac again. I'll post the youtube link once it finishes uploading. Listen to the conversations going on in the background too, funny stuff!

Mike, I'll put the original on an ftp site for you to download too. Figure you should have the original. Looks great on a larger screen.

Thanks VT Mustard for getting me back to 15 South. Matt, great to have met you man, your car is a fast little biatch and the exhuast sounds great! Thanks Dave, Mike and Juan for pulling this together. I just wish I lived closer so I could hang out at FT more often.

As a side note, took off my VDC for the first time on our way to the firestation. Got all sideways leaving the shop. Sooooo fun!!!

More later.
Good to meet you too Scott, thanks for the compliments. I'm a big fan of the Fast Intentions system that you have. I'll definitely be going with their 3" dual when I get the JWT TT installed next year!

The meet was outstanding - the best I've been to yet. Needless to say, the stack of toys we brought the firehouse was impressive. Hopefully next year we can top it!

Deajuan - let me know how you like the spacers and please post pics after you install them.

Last edited by DC350ZTrack; 12-02-2007 at 06:41 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Here's where the pic thread is: https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlantic/318746-toys-for-tots-picture-thread.html
Old 12-02-2007, 04:32 PM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's where the pic thread is: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318746

Sorry that I missed you Scott, I got there around 5...just in time to get stopped for window tint and following too close....he let me go..but still.

Next time give me a shout..
Old 12-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

I was waiting for you to show up Corey. I got there pretty early and saw a white G parked there thinking it was yours. I asked Dave where you were cause your car was parked outside. He said, "nah, that's my brother (or brother-in-law's) car. Oh well, it gave us a chance to talk about you behind your back. j/k

Maybe we can hook up in Richmond some time.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:47 PM
bcheng4jc

boy do i miss my Z! =(
Old 12-02-2007, 06:02 PM
mid-a-mamma

Had a great time as usual even thought I felt like poo with this stupid cold It was great to see all the toys from everyone, def a good meet for a great cause
Old 12-02-2007, 06:17 PM
VTMustard

Ok so I finally got back online...this is the first time since wednesday

First, let me thank dave/juan/anyone else that had a hand in this meet (just noticed that my name is a combination of dave and juan names (basically), not sure if thats creepy but you guys now have a customer for life, maybe i'll buy a lottery ticket tomorrow with all this superstition...BTW for all that dont know my name is DAEJUAN)...it looked like a resounding success based on the turn out and the amount of toys that we dropped off at the station! Its awesome that we all can take time out of ricing our cars to ridiculous limits to give back to a good cause...I think an applause is due to eveyone that participated in yesterdays event

More later.
No prob Scott...its good to hear that you made it back to richmond...I'll see you around at some later meets! You never know though, I make it down to Richmond for one of the Richmond crews weekly meets!

Originally Posted by DC350ZTrack
Deajuan - let me know how you like the spacers and please post pics after you install them.
Yeah matt, will do! It was great meeting man and since your are local, got to see if we can get some of the local guys together and grab some brews this winter...i dont think there are going to be meets for a while considering the weather in this area sucks! Thanks again for those wheel spacers...I have to make a decision now, whether I want to put them on with no front spacers or wait until I get spacers for the front...I am leaning more towards putting them on and seeing how much they effect handling with no spacer on the front...we'll see though, my new license plates came in when I got home yesterday, so I might put everything on when I put the new plates on!
Old 12-02-2007, 06:35 PM
ITSherZ

*THis is Amber under Jesse's screen name...
Jesse and I just wanted to tell everyone thank you at Fuction Tuned that set this up. We really enjoyed seeing everyone, taking pictures, seeing all the toys that were brought in and the great food!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Hot Cu
SlammednFlush

Toys for Tots went very well and I hope to some of those kids in need that it will put some joy into their lives.

BIG THANKS to Function Tuned for a great event especially Dave, Alex and Giang for a great pasta dinner!

Good to catch up with the NoVA & MD crew as always!

BE AWARE MID-A: Dave is not only a great tuner but is a regular Texas Hold-em sand-bagger!

Huka rules, thanks Brent!!!

Last edited by Hot Cu; 12-03-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It was nice to see Chris aka Rice-A-Roni as well, no FMIC no likey

Quick Reply: 12/1 Toys for Tots:Annual Meet - Charity,Cars,Food and S'Mores! = Fun & Philanthropy